Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

CL needs to realise certain things

a, when you have a good player (sheehan), whos just had a good game, you dont replace him with your own signing just cos you "feel it might be ruff".

b, when you beat a team 2-0 at home, and then you play a 2nd bottom team, even away, you DONT play for a draw. You dont play defensive, you play a positive game to win. Its 3pts for a win!!

c, If you were a decent defender, you should know that dublin is not a good enough defender (particuly when you re-signed him to play up front).

d, anyone with only half a brain knows hume is better than deep freeze.

e, you`ve won 9pts in 8 games with YOUR team now, that is NOT good enough for a club the size of LC.

Agreed Lush. 9 points from 8 games is no better than last season. Where's the improvement?

And can we ever win away from home? Last league win away was in 2004, pathetic. When we go out to defend every away game it's no surprise either.

Who's taking bets on City not winning away in 2005? I've never bet in my life and even I'd be tempted with that one.

We had 12 points from 8 games last season, and we were awful. Even if we win on saturday, we`ll have 1 point less. We even managed to nick a point at cardiff.

In fairness, were playing technically better, and i can understand that we can get better. Craig just needs to learn that he makes awful decisions, basic errors. gilbert for sheehan :rolleyes: johanson at LB :rolleyes: not playing ONE winger :rolleyes: playing for a draw :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If craig come out and said hes got a 2 year plan, i`d be slightly disapointed, but i could understand it. Maybe he has, and he dont want the world to know? I like the guy, i think hes brought in a future for us, but a good future depends on a sound base now.

Agreed Lush. 9 points from 8 games is no better than last season. Where's the improvement?

And can we ever win away from home? Last league win away was in 2004, pathetic. When we go out to defend every away game it's no surprise either.

Who's taking bets on City not winning away in 2005? I've never bet in my life and even I'd be tempted with that one.

October 1st at Prideless Park will break the duct :thumbup::rolleyes:

Although I admit that tonight's performance did not sound anywhere near good enough I have to disagree with a couple of your points Lush.

Firstly we have seen all of half an hour of Hume and although he may prove to be better than De Vries, at the moment we are none the wiser. I do remember everyone saying how good De Vries looked after he came on a couple of times as sub and looked the business. De Vries is confident after his brace at the weekend and if he's scoring why do we need to change it?

Secondly I do not believe CL was playing for a draw. Yes he played the extra defensive midfielder in Kisnorbo but he continued with Hughes who is not yet fully fit and it wasn't like he played one striker. Also I think that an experienced player like Dublin at the back was a good idea. Cardiff is not an easy place to go to what with the fans. Dublin's cool head might well have been better than a rash McCarthy had the game become dirty.

However I do understand what your saying and it was not good enough

Not good. Ive just got in and read the report on the BBC website. Im disappointed!! We should be winning these games, espeically with our squad! I know its sounding optimistic but i think we should at least be an force in the championship! I suppose the onyl good thing is that loads of teams are being as inconsistent as us.

i think the only way that we can be consistent is by playing the same style of football both home and away and stick with the same squad! It lets the defence play as a unit much better and we will play better in the long run. I thought CL had his "perfect 11!"

a, when you have a good player (sheehan), whos just had a good game, you dont replace him with your own signing just cos you "feel it might be ruff".

b, when you beat a team 2-0 at home, and then you play a 2nd bottom team, even away, you DONT play for a draw. You dont play defensive, you play a positive game to win. Its 3pts for a win!!

c, If you were a decent defender, you should know that dublin is not a good enough defender (particuly when you re-signed him to play up front).

e, you`ve won 9pts in 8 games with YOUR team now, that is NOT good enough for a club the size of LC.

Sorry Lush. Scripted half of what you said on another new thread without realising this one had started at the same time.

Amazing our independent assessments are virtually the same (apart from MDV), and the rest is mirored by others. Hope CL gets the message.

:unsure::unsure::unsure: i dont understand you. You say when sheehan had a good game you dont replace him after we won. But then you say everyone knows Hume is better than De Vries. Well De Vries scored 2 good goals and should have been full of confidence. You say Dublin is not a good enough defender, we had McCarthy there before and made quite a few mistakes gave many many many stupid freekicks away on the edge of the box due to shoving people in the back.

Firstly we have seen all of half an hour of Hume and although he may prove to be better than De Vries, at the moment we are none the wiser. I do remember everyone saying how good De Vries looked after he came on a couple of times as sub and looked the business. De Vries is confident after his brace at the weekend and if he's scoring why do we need to change it?

Secondly I do not believe CL was playing for a draw. Yes he played the extra defensive midfielder in Kisnorbo but he continued with Hughes who is not yet fully fit and it wasn't like he played one striker. Also I think that an experienced player like Dublin at the back was a good idea. Cardiff is not an easy place to go to what with the fans. Dublin's cool head might well have been better than a rash McCarthy had the game become dirty.

However I do understand what your saying and it was not good enough

I believe ive seen more from hume than mdv, and ive not seen much of hume. deep freeze is poor, im afraid to admit it, but bannock is right, hes a lump, a lump who gets the odd goal. I watched hume warm up on saturday, and even that impressed me more than deep freeze. Every dog has his day.

If we wernt playing for a draw, why were we so lacluster in attack, why didnt we play attacking players. I can count 3 of them (thats if you count mdv).

Dubs has experience, but he cant deliever what he had. Tell me what hes done since hes been here, that can qualify justification to what his ability should be?

Oh come off it, there were NINE thousand there. I was there last season 11,000 i think then, it wasnt intimidating, trust me. Even when we sang "England", they had no come back. pathetic excuse mate, pathetic. Dublin was one of the players supposed to stop the threat from their corner, for the goal.

i think the only way that we can be consistent is by playing the same style of football both home and away and stick with the same squad! It lets the defence play as a unit much better and we will play better in the long run.

Absolutely, well said.

I totally agree with Lush, There is no point signing Hume as a replacement for Connolly and then not playing him. Levein was just stupid to change the formation etc and play 4 central midfielders, we dhould be going out to punish teams like Cardiff, they are second from bottom, well were, we must be heading that way!

Sorry Lush. Scripted half of what you said on another new thread without realising this one had started at the same time.

Amazing our independent assessments are virtually the same (apart from MDV), and the rest is mirored by others. Hope CL gets the message.

Makes me laugh how poster "foxes_trust" has started a new thread just for me, to try and stop me telling the truth here, like you and others have stated, particuly when there is a specific thread designed to ask what "foxes_trust" wants to ask me, you catch me drift people?

You say when sheehan had a good game you dont replace him after we won. But then you say everyone knows Hume is better than De Vries. Well De Vries scored 2 good goals and should have been full of confidence. You say Dublin is not a good enough defender, we had McCarthy there before and made quite a few mistakes gave many many many stupid freekicks away on the edge of the box due to shoving people in the back.

CL wanted to change sheehan for tacticle purposes, not because hes a better player. Hume is better than mdv. macarthy is better than dublin, regardless of macarthy`s attitude. i`d rather give a free kick away, than not stop a corner ending up in our goal.

I watched hume warm up on saturday, and even that impressed me more than deep freeze. Yeah and I've seen Birchy score from the half way line during the interval, he must be good too.

why didnt we play attacking players. I can count 3 of them (thats if you count mdv). Well did we play 3 attacking players or none? What's it to be?

Dubs has experience, but he cant deliever what he had. Tell me what hes done since hes been here, that can qualify justification to what his ability should be? No, sorry you've got me there. Is that an anagram?

Even when we sang "England", they had no come back. Thanks for the insight there, you should have been in the car park afterwards to experience intimidating.

I believe ive seen more from hume than mdv, and ive not seen much of hume. deep freeze is poor, im afraid to admit it, but bannock is right, hes a lump, a lump who gets the odd goal. I watched hume warm up on saturday, and even that impressed me more than deep freeze. Every dog has his day.

If we wernt playing for a draw, why were we so lacluster in attack, why didnt we play attacking players. I can count 3 of them (thats if you count mdv).

Dubs has experience, but he cant deliever what he had. Tell me what hes done since hes been here, that can qualify justification to what his ability should be?

Oh come off it, there were NINE thousand there. I was there last season 11,000 i think then, it wasnt intimidating, trust me. Even when we sang "England", they had no come back. pathetic excuse mate, pathetic. Dublin was one of the players supposed to stop the threat from their corner, for the goal.

If Dublin has done nothing here then why did CL agree to keep him on another year. Sure he had a poor start to last season but he finished brilliantly. I watched several games in the latter half of last season where he was outstanding. Just look at the player ratings from then to see this. They conceded one goal...they conceded a lot more this season when Dublin wasn't in defence. And since when has it just been his responsibility to stop the threat from corners. And also Cardiff fans have a bad enough reputation

Hullcox:"

"Well did we play 3 attacking players or none? What's it to be?"

yeah only 3 lol should`ve played 5, we might have scored 1 or 2 or 3 or maybe 4.

"Thanks for the insight there, you should have been in the car park afterwards to experience intimidating."

The subject was about INSIDE the ground :rolleyes:

Although, i know what you mean, as you walk out (15mins after 5pm) theres 20 odd hooligans asking for a fight. Why the hell the police let em do it i dont know.

If Dublin has done nothing here then why did CL agree to keep him on another year. Sure he had a poor start to last season but he finished brilliantly. I watched several games in the latter half of last season where he was outstanding. Just look at the player ratings from then to see this. They conceded one goal...they conceded a lot more this season when Dublin wasn't in defence. And since when has it just been his responsibility to stop the threat from corners. And also Cardiff fans have a bad enough reputation

Absolutely, why did he offer dubs a new contract? I wouldnt. Maybe craig thought he could be left short of strikers. He didnt finish brilliantly, he waved his arms around to warm up alot i recall, and he scored a winner on MOTD. He nearly didnt get the chance, when he made a horendous mistake against blackpool.

Still, he knows how to woo fans :rolleyes:

Outstanding? lol sorry, i must`ve missed that. Player ratings? Who rated him, and what number did he get?

Of course its his responsibility, its all 11 player`s responsibility, plus craig and the other staff.

A) Its a tough ask for anyone to play 2 games in 4days let alone an 18year old. Why tire him out and risk an injury when there are players to come in? Ok maybe not Gilbert - Stearman maybe though.

B) A team like Leicester is not good enough to play attacking football for 90minutes. We cant score enough goals and hold the ball up long enough to do so so defensive is the way it will have to be away from home - maybe not as defensive as we are but playing 11 strikers wont win us the game!

C) Werent you slating McCarthy off the other week? So who WOULD you play then? McCarthy or Dublin? Or maybe give someone else a go?

D) De Vries scores 2 goals for the first time in ages and he gets dropped...yes that would do his confidence the world of good. Hammond and Hume are too similar to play together anyways. Hume has also played 15minutes for us before tonight and you think he is Thierry Henry or something.

E) It isnt very good but what size do you think we are? We arent a BIG club anymore, we arent even a mediocre club really. We have little money, we have a pretty poor squad and half our fans are **** twats. Why do we deserve anymore then 9points?

A) Its a tough ask for anyone to play 2 games in 4days let alone an 18year old. Why tire him out and risk an injury when there are players to come in? Ok maybe not Gilbert - Stearman maybe though.

B) A team like Leicester is not good enough to play attacking football for 90minutes. We cant score enough goals and hold the ball up long enough to do so so defensive is the way it will have to be away from home - maybe not as defensive as we are but playing 11 strikers wont win us the game!

C) Werent you slating McCarthy off the other week? So who WOULD you play then? McCarthy or Dublin? Or maybe give someone else a go?

D) De Vries scores 2 goals for the first time in ages and he gets dropped...yes that would do his confidence the world of good. Hammond and Hume are too similar to play together anyways. Hume has also played 15minutes for us before tonight and you think he is Thierry Henry or something.

E) It isnt very good but what size do you think we are? We arent a BIG club anymore, we arent even a mediocre club really. We have little money, we have a pretty poor squad and half our fans are **** twats. Why do we deserve anymore then 9points?

A, I cant believe the excusses coming out. dubs has just played 2 in 4 days, and hes 36, twice sheehans age. I love stearman, and i think he can play anywhere, but i think sheehan is a better LB. PUT PLAYERS IN THEIR TRUE POSITIONS.

B, Why? Why is cardiff a more superior opposition? Why can we not beat them, why do they score and not us?

C, I would rather kisnorbo or stearman play instead of dubs at CB.

D, I would`ve played hume v sheff wed, and we still would`ve won, so he wouldnt have been droped v cardiff. hammond and hume are different. hammond likes to use his ariel and physical strength, and hume has more ball control. Our best combo.

E, were bigger than average. it depends what you mean by big? if you take the potential of what we have, a 32,000 stadium, a city with only one football club (ok tigers aswell), one million or so people living in Leicestershire, no football club in corby (lots of jocks there who love football), kettering is nearby (WADR, there nothing great), Northampton rugby, we have a massive potential for huge support, upto 2,3 million to try and attract, and we have 22,000 v sheff wed.

Both manchester clubs can collectively attract over 100,000 people. people will come if you attract them. By playing 3 attacking players v bloody cardiff, well, you simply dont wana be big.

a) We are not blessed with good left-back alternatives and Saturday's match was hardly a strenuous exercise.

b) They're certainly not good enough to play defensive football for 90 minutes (especially away from home) if we don't score any goals ourselves. I said in the close season we need to try for three goals a game.

c) Dion's as good as we've got. Defensively we've conceded one goal in two games and two in three after a shaky start. That's as good as can realistically be expected in Championship football. We've just not been effective enough in attack (or committed enough in my view).

d) MDV is the better all round centre-forward. Hume is a support striker.

e) There is great potential at Leicester and a shrewd tactician should be more than capable of getting good results out of the players we've got.

a) We are not blessed with good left-back alternatives and Saturday's match was hardly a strenuous exercise.

b) They're certainly not good enough to play defensive football for 90 minutes (especially away from home) if we don't score any goals ourselves. I said in the close season we need to try for three goals a game.

c) Dion's as good as we've got. Defensively we've conceded one goal in two games and two in three after a shaky start. That's as good as can realistically be expected in Championship football. We've just not been effective enough in attack (or committed enough in my view).

d) MDV is the better all round centre-forward. Hume is a support striker.

e) There is great potential at Leicester and a shrewd tactician should be more than capable of getting good results out of the players we've got.

Some good points there, but Sheehan will have been fatigued whether it was strenuos or not as it was a heavy wet pitch to play on and Cardiff isnt the easiest of places for a young lad to go.

To put it simply we dont score enough goals and we cant defend properly so until we find a happy medium or a goalscorer we will drop more points than we win :(

Some good points there, but Sheehan will have been fatigued whether it was strenuos or not as it was a heavy wet pitch to play on and Cardiff isnt the easiest of places for a young lad to go.

To put it simply we dont score enough goals and we cant defend properly so until we find a happy medium or a goalscorer we will drop more points than we win :(

It's a funny thing. Players never feel lasting fatigue when they win.

And Cardiff will be no easier if he goes there next year so he might as well get used to it. Besides all the Irish I ever knew, and that's lots of em, just love a scrap and you'd hardview 11,000-odd fans in Ninian Park as intimidating. It must have been like training at Bradgate. :)

a - I agree that Sheehan should have played.

b - I'm sure he wanted us to play positive. Did he tell you that they went out for a draw?

c - Dion is good enough. We need him at the back.

d - de Vries scored 2 goals against Sheffield Wednesday. Keep him in. Replace Elvis with Hume.

e - I agree, but we've only played 8 games. Look at Norwich. They're doing worse than us. Look at Sunderland at this point last season.

Things aren't that bad!

a - I agree that Sheehan should have played.

b - I'm sure he wanted us to play positive. Did he tell you that they went out for a draw?

c - Dion is good enough. We need him at the back.

d - de Vries scored 2 goals against Sheffield Wednesday. Keep him in. Replace Elvis with Hume.

e - I agree, but we've only played 8 games. Look at Norwich. They're doing worse than us. Look at Sunderland at this point last season.

Things aren't that bad!

a, not many dont.

b, he kind of did when i heard the team sheet. THREE attacking players (if you include mdv).

c, dion has experience, but he doesnt use it, macarthy, kisnorbo, and stearman are better. ALL them 3 are our future, dion is our past.

d, every dog has his day. im repeating myself, but hume looked better in the warm up than deep freeze in an entire game.

e, why do people talk about other clubs, shall i mention sheff utd, watford, southampton, reading etc. What CL does, is ALL about LCFC, and NO ONE ELSE.

Even some of us the fans dont seem to have the core belief. We complain about the atmosphere at filbert way, GET OFF YOUR BACKSIDES AND CHANT FFS!! GET EXCITED, RAVE, WAVE YOUR ARMS ABOUT, URGE THE TEAM, CREATE A ROAR, HAVE SOME FUN, do something.

Archived