Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Team vs Wolves

Who would you like to see line up vs Wolves this Saturday? I have a nasty feeling Levein will be scared shitless of Wolves (well if he's worried about Cardiff) and go ultra defensive and fail in playing for another draw from the off.

We need to start the game positive, put them under pressure from the off, drop the donkeys and be confident about things by trying at least to pass the ball like we started the season - we have the players. Wolves like us are inconsistant, and draw too many.. nothing to be scared of.

.......................Douglas

Stearman McCarthy Johansson Maybury

Hughes Gudjonsson Williams Hamill

...............Hammond Hume

Subs: Henderson, Kisnorbo, Sheehan, Sylla, De Vries

I dont think craig will be scared stiff, but i do think he`ll play defensive. We MUST play to win. It doesnt really matter what wolves have, millwall prooved that. We MUST play 2 wingers, hughes and 2 strikers (hammond and hume).

We must abuse the wolves defense with pace and passing to create goal chances. Im confident H H H and H (hume hammond hamill and hughes), with sylla aswell, we`ll have enough to frieghten the wolves.

douglas

maybury kisnorbo johanson sheehan

sylla gudjohnson hughes hamill

hammond hume

not too bothered on what team he puts out, i'm more worried about the instructions he gives the team, no more long ball please and lets have some positive attitude, any would think we were playing Manure the ammount of respect we showed Cardiff ffs

Who would you like to see line up vs Wolves this Saturday? I have a nasty feeling Levein will be scared shitless of Wolves (well if he's worried about Cardiff) and go ultra defensive and fail in playing for another draw from the off.

We need to start the game positive, put them under pressure from the off, drop the donkeys and be confident about things by trying at least to pass the ball like we started the season - we have the players. Wolves like us are inconsistant, and draw too many.. nothing to be scared of.

I'll almost go along with that but i think i'd start with Sylla.

"Levein rings the changes for Wolves"

Exactly! So who knows what he will put out!

Me and bert had a good discussion about the squad yesterday and came up with a nice 4-5-1/4-3-3 combo that is strong, attacking yet solid in the middle.

No way will CL try it though!

Exactly! So who knows what he will put out!

Me and bert had a good discussion about the squad yesterday and came up with a nice 4-5-1/4-3-3 combo that is strong, attacking yet solid in the middle.

No way will CL try it though!

I've had enough of watching other teams play 4-5-1 thanks. Us? Nonono.

I've had enough of watching other teams play 4-5-1 thanks. Us? Nonono.

Well nothin else seems to be working. It could be a 4-4-2 but its versatile to become a 4-5-1 with the a striker moving to the left/right when we need more in the middle. It would be Joey just in front of the back four with Williams and Hughes being more attacking, then spreding the ball to either wing and then the two stikers in the middle. So basically as the attack starts Hume or Hammond would be wide and then as they create something the other striker would move forward into the middle.

---------------Douglas-----------------

-------Stearman--Johansson--Mccarthy

--------------Gudjonsson-----------------

Hammond--Hughes--Williams---Tiatto

---------De Vries---Hume-------

Promising side with Hammond being the choice over Sylla as his defensive side on the wing is much much better, Sylla's a lazy mo' fo'. Need that speed and closing down in midfield thats where Tiatto comes in, pace at the back and height and a speedy,creative lad up front in hume. We'll still lose though because that wont be the team Levein puts out.

Absolutely spot on mr Chainsaw! But I fear that this will not be the team hat he plays, more like this:

Hughes Gudjonsson Williams Tiatto

...............De Vries Hume

I pray for the other though!

I'd like to see, but will not

Douglas

Maybury

Stearman

Johansson

Sheehan

Sylla

Hughes

Gudjonsson

Hamill

Hume

Hammond

I like that. It's got balance, vigour, energy, width, pace and scoring potential. But I'd like to see it tried for a few games, not just as a one off cos it will take time to gel. It will also develop our young players. So long as we don't go plummeting down the table with it I think there's a lot of plusses to playing this team.

It's very youthful but I think they're virtually all in the same boat and would play for each other. A keen team spirit could develop and the side could stay together for a long time with only minor adjustments from time to time.

Very good. The promise of pure football but the speed and energy to chase the odd hoof. Stearman will mature more quickly for having to solve the problems for real. He'll cope as well as anyone else cos it's not been a position where we've had a locked door anyway.

Send a copy to Craig. Quick.

not too bothered on what team he puts out, i'm more worried about the instructions he gives the team, no more long ball please and lets have some positive attitude, any would think we were playing Manure the ammount of respect we showed Cardiff ffs

Exactly. Go out to win!

Douglas

Maybury

Stearman

Johansson

Sheehan

Sylla

Hughes

Gudjonsson

Hamill

Hume

Hammond

I'd probably swap McCarthy for Stearman but other than that I'd agree. :thumbup:

Douglas

Maybury

Stearman

Johansson

Sheehan

Sylla

Hughes

Gudjonsson

Hamill

Hume

Hammond

Thats the same as me, bar i chose kisnorbo for stearman, who i was just as happy with. With stearman at CB, i`d have kisnorbo for gudjohnson.

This team has FIVE attacking players, and 2 full backs who like to get in feeding positions.

Why are people including Hamill in their selections? I'd like to know the reasons behind it because he's barely played, so it's difficult to judge him. I personally don't think he's any great shakes from what I saw against against Bury and Hull.

For what it's worth, this is the team I'd like to see play:

Douglas

Maybury - McCarthy - Johnasson - Sheehan

Elvis - Joey - Hughes - Jase

de Vries - Hume

Who would you like to see line up vs Wolves this Saturday?

------------------ Douglas ----------------------

Maybury - Stearman - Johansson - Sheehan

---- Sylla - Hughes - Gudjonsson - Wilcox ---

-------------- Hume ----------------------------

------------------ De Vries ---------------------

Subs: Henderson, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Hammond, Dublin

Nice to see some free-thinkers dropping Williams. :o

Why are people including Hamill in their selections? I'd like to know the reasons behind it because he's barely played, so it's difficult to judge him.

Hamill scored a good goal at bury, another for the reserves at arsol. If craig thinks hes worth bringing to the club, and we need to attack and score more, why the hell not.

Hamill scored a good goal at bury, another for the reserves at arsol. If craig thinks hes worth bringing to the club, and we need to attack and score more, why the hell not.

Have you seen him play though? We're talking Bury of League 2 and a reserve side here. Levein has said he sees Hamill as a fringe player at present.

Wilcox, are you f***ing gone raving f***ing bonkers lol

Ner mate, wilcox has had his day, hes a dubs type player now, try`s to make it look like he knows what to do, without doing it.

At hull, he drifted into the holding midfield role, as if hes been playing there all his career. Then when he looked up to pass the ball, gave it deep freeze, and he layed it to the left :rolleyes:

Archived