Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ESPN Correspondent

ESPN Leicester City Column

Well one of the reasons I got the job is because I'm a big fan. My post has not been very popular! Just to let you know, myself and a couple of journalists from the Mercury are going to start calling for Levein's head if he doesn't get a result against QPR!

Whilst I am an absolute believer in complete freedom of speech, that is a point of view that is somewhat less than welcome. :rolleyes::huh::unsure::( <_<

Well one of the reasons I got the job is because I'm a big fan. My post has not been very popular! Just to let you know, myself and a couple of journalists from the Mercury are going to start calling for Levein's head if he doesn't get a result against QPR!

Well that's a load of bollox then!

Call for his head? Are you sure!?

Give people time matey, it's not exactly been the busiest time on the boards that you've posted it in ;):D

And why are you going to call for Levein's head? :S

It does no good to chop and change manager every two minutes.

CL is in the middle of totally rebuilding Leicester and it's going to take time. We'll be all the better for it if we're all just a bit more patient.

It's a long term process, not a short term one (Micky could never understand this).

Glad to see the media aren't calculated or sensationalist. The Mercury journalists go from loving Levein to hating him in one quick swoop. No in between.

One simple question to be asked is, "Do you think Levein is moving the club in the right direction?" Most people answer yes to this, including myself. The frustration only sets in with those who wish it was a quicker process, which sadly it is not.

Don't think I'll be bother reading your "soccer" column Kieran.

Give people time matey, it's not exactly been the busiest time on the boards that you've posted it in ;):D

And why are you going to call for Levein's head? :S

It does no good to chop and change manager every two minutes.

CL is in the middle of totally rebuilding Leicester and it's going to take time. We'll be all the better for it if we're all just a bit more patient.

It's a long term process, not a short term one (Micky could never understand this).

The fact is that by modern managerial standards Levein has had more than enough time. I'm surprised there is such a levein-mafia here - with the possible exception of Taylor, he is the worst manager we've had in nearly a decade. If he stays we'll remain in obscurity!

Tit.

Try using your job for something a bit more constructive instead of pedalling your own misguided views.

I agree with most on here. We definitely shouldnt be calling for his head. He's got a massive job on his hands at the moment and you should think carefully about who we could attract in the market should we sack levein. There's not many options and the ones which are available I doubt they'd be interested in working on a very small budget and a squad of relatively unknown players. If anyone was to take the job I'd bet the first thing they'd say was that they'd need to replace all the players and build a new team, thus, adding another 12-18 months to the process. By that time I imagine people like you wil be calling for his head again.

We need to have patience, Levein has NOT had enough time. Just over one year, building a new team, cutting the wage bill, selling MA players, getting aclimitised to the demands of the championship are not all overnight fixes. We need to give managers time so they can ultimately build their own team, implement their ideas & mentality and importantly give them a chance to see who responds well and whoe doesnt. We cant jump on him every time we draw a game or lose a lead - its all a long term process and we ARE moving in the right direction. Just because MON did it in a short space of time we dont deserve to demand that from anyone who manages Leicester in teh future.

You'd be doing more damage than good if you start calling for Levein's head at this stage in the season.... I'm not a footballing expert but I can tell you that for nothing my friend.

The fact is that by modern managerial standards Levein has had more than enough time. I'm surprised there is such a levein-mafia here - with the possible exception of Taylor, he is the worst manager we've had in nearly a decade. If he stays we'll remain in obscurity!

Wow, I can see you'll go far in journalism, you should work for the Sport because you're talking like a tit.

So he's worse than who, M O'Neil, well isn't everyone or Peter Taylor oh sorry you mentioned him. No, no I see you mean Garry Parker, yes how many games? So that leaves who Bassett well I don't think so, So it must be Adams then, the guy that laid the foundations for the future of LCFC for oh, maybe a season and who left monumental pile of past it's sell by date garbage for CL to dump or recycle.

I suggest you do some of your own research and come up with something viable statements before you ask us to provide you with your copy.

Wow, I can see you'll go far in journalism, you should work for the Sport because you're talking like a tit.

So he's worse than who, M O'Neil, well isn't everyone or Peter Taylor oh sorry you mentioned him. No, no I see you mean Garry Parker, yes how many games? So that leaves who Bassett well I don't think so, So it must be Adams then, the guy that laid the foundations for the future of LCFC for oh, maybe a season and who left monumental pile of past it's sell by date garbage for CL to dump or recycle.

I suggest you do some of your own research and come up with something viable statements before you ask us to provide you with your copy.

Alright people a confession...

I'm not actually as anti-Levein as I suggested. I posted that to get a reaction and gauge his level of support. Could you please stop abusing me now?

Are you a fecking wind up Merchant???

If not you clearly know bugger all about sport, football and Leicester inparticular!! Maybe you should get a job writing the deaths column in the mercury, as your clearly already a miserable tit.

Levein to be sacked?? F U C K OFF

He's the first manager who's been brave enough to try and build something here and not go down the short fix route for personal gain. Even Martin O'Neill was quite short sighted in the fact that once he left he knew Leicester wouldn't survive because most of the players were past their best. Levein is signing young and hungry players who are desperate to achieve and will get better and better each season.

It takes time to build something like that and although he needs to shoulder some of the blame when we lose matches, we are slowly improving and after watching some of the shite that's been churned out under previous managers when we've had a bigger tunrover of staff than McDonalds it's a breath of fresh air.

I'm fully behind Levein and even if it takes 3 years to get back in the premiership i'm prepared to wait, all i'm asking for is improvement and for the club to develop the academy and have a strong young core in the team. If Levein left we'd be in an even worse position and getting in to the premiership would be out of the question.

People who are calling for Levein's head are ludicrous, obviously these people haven't given it much thought. If you can come up with a solution that would solve the problems we have and make us a better team with a solid foundation then i'm all ears. But I doubt anybody has.

I'm not actually as anti-Levein as I suggested. I posted that to get a reaction and gauge his level of support. Could you please stop abusing me now?

So that just makes you lazy then, there are numerous topics on here discussing the merits of CL as a manager, why don't you take the time to read them, if you did then that would give you sufficient insight into this forums view of him.

Frankly I for one am not impressed by people that come on websites with the sole purpose of stirring the shit, a troll by any other name. In fact your worse than a troll, they do it for pleasure you're doing it to bolster your own position on an another site.

So that just makes you lazy then, there are numerous topics on here discussing the merits of CL as a manager, why don't you take the time to read them, if you did then that would give you sufficient insight into this forums view of him.

Frankly I for one am not impressed by people that come on websites with the sole purpose of stirring the shit, a troll by any other name. In fact your worse than a troll, they do it for pleasure you're doing it to bolster your own position on an another site.

A shit stirring troll... I must of missed that in Tolkien.

What a great piece of journalism - irritate potential sources. I'm sure you'll get lots of valid information from Leicester fans on this site now that you've tried underhand methods to get information.

In future try something like this: "What are your views on Levein?" It really is quite simple.

What a great piece of journalism - irritate potential sources. I'm sure you'll get lots of valid information from Leicester fans on this site now that you've tried underhand methods to get information.

In future try something like this: "What are your views on Levein?" It really is quite simple.

Ok guys I give up. See you at QPR!

Archived