Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

The Future's Bright

There has been alot said over the last few days about Leicester's current plight and a few fans are getting disgruntled. I can see why fans are getting frustrated, they want us to be successful just like any fan does. But can't people see the foundations that Craig Levein is building here? Let's forget results for one minute and look at the state of the club.

It is in alot better shape than it was under Dave Bassett or Micky Adams. We actually have players that won't need replacing at the end of each season and that aren't here just for that last pay cheque. We also have a number of young players under the age of 21 that are getting recognition and a chance to prove themselves in first team football. Under our previous 2 managers we didn't have that, we didn't have any young talent that added value to the squad. Young players are essential to a club like Leicester who often need to sell to keep afloat and although fans don't like to see players being sold it is nice to know that we finally have some players that other teams would like aswell.

Not only is the squad looking better but the football we play is alot more attractive and bar the 4-5-1 display at Wolves I think Leicester have looked a match for anyone we have faced this season. Under Adams and Bassett we were notorious for playing long ball football and bypassing our midfield, which is the strongest area in our present team.

Whenever Levein makes a signing you can tell he hasn't rushed in to it and he's done his research, which is more you could say about our previous managers who seemed to rush in to signing any old hacker. Also is search for talent doesn't just stop in the country he is managing in, he scours the world for talent and isn't afraid to sign an unknown commodity.

I could go on all day about what Levein has done for this club, but I suppose it is a results business and at present the results aren't any better than when old bum chin was in charge. What needs to be established is how long it takes to lay the foundations before we start to reap the rewards because he does need to shoulder some of the blame. But aslong as we keep improving each season then he's the right man for the job.

But let's get behind him please, this time last year fans were crying out for a manager to come in and completely change the way the club was run. Alot of fans even said they didn't care how we did in the league aslong as we had 11 players out there giving 110% and seeing some homegrown players getting a chance. Well Levein has done just that and a whole lot more so people shouldn't forget that. Let's be patient, there's evidence that Craig is building a promising team and there's evidence that we'll get better and better. There isn't a better man for the job available and to stop Levein completing the job he's started would be criminal and would contradict everything Leicester fans have ever said they've wanted which is a manager to come in and not just go for the short fix but actually build something that will hold the club in good stead for years to come.

This time last year hardly anybody had heard of Richard Stearman, Alan Sheehan, James Wesolowski, Ashley Chambers, Louis Dodds, Levi Porter and Joe Magunda but a year on and all of these youngsters are representing their national team at youth level and are well on their way to becoming first team regulars at Leicester City. Some of them are and the ones that are haven't disgraced themselves and infact have often walked off the pitch with the man of the match award. This is down to Craig Levein and him being brave and honest enough to give these lads a try when most managers would stay in their comfort zones and play the tried and tested players.

Let's sit back and let Craig do his job and support him all the way. There will be more ups and downs to come, but the main thing is that the team improves even if it's a slow improvement. That's all we can ask for and expect, we need to get realistic.

Keep uo the good work boss and learn from your mistakes. I'll support you until the end.

Craig Levein's Blue & White Army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hear what you say. Agree with what you say. Just one question. Which game did you enjoy the most: Wolves or Luton?. If it was Wolves (please stop reading now) if it was Luton then ask yourself why?

I "love" the bloke (and I said so before the Wolves match and since). I just want him to re-adjust his thinking a bit on certain matters (see other 500 threads) :):):) .

That way he'll still be here in three-five years time to enjoy all the benefits of his foundation work. At least I hope he'll be here.

Hear what you say. Agree with what you say. Just one question. Which game did you enjoy the most: Wolves or Luton?. If it was Wolves (please stop reading now) if it was Luton then ask yourself why?

I "love" the bloke (and I said so before the Wolves match and since). I just want him to re-adjust his thinking a bit on certain matters (see other 500 threads) :):):) .

That way he'll still be here in three-five years time to enjoy all the benefits of his foundation work. At least I hope he'll be here.

Good question. I obviously thought we attacked better against Luton but that was the most frustrating thing because we still lost. At Wolves neither team deserved to win so therefore I didn't feel as hard done by. Having said that I would much rather watch us try to win games and not win than watch us not try and win and still not win.

Good question. I obviously thought we attacked better against Luton but that was the most frustrating thing because we still lost. At Wolves neither team deserved to win so therefore I didn't feel as hard done by. Having said that I would much rather watch us try to win games and not win than watch us not try and win and still not win.

I think its got to be some sort of balance between the two, some games are always going to be difficult away from home and a point is better than nothing, at home its a different story and we should attempt to attack for a couple of goals and then shut up shop.

Archived