Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

Tiatto

Tiatto  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should Tiatto Be in the team?

• Yes
    • No

No, because he is not a left midfielder. I like him as a player but we need natural wingers on both flanks and he's not better than Gudjonsson to play in central midfield.

he was ok today, nothing special, tends to wander out of position, i beleive in 2 out and out wide men, so for me Sylla or Hammill on the right and Smith (when suspension is over ) on the left, exciting without too much risk.

Consider the qualities of a footballer and apply them to Tiatto:

Creativity (5/10). He just doesn't make very much happen.

Passing ability (5/10) It's a lottery whether his passes reach their target and they are rarely potent passes.

Tackling: (6/10) He is certainly combative but so often resorts to fouling his opponent that the resulting free-kicks are more dangerous to us than anything he does FOR us.

Discipline: (2/10). He just doesn't have enough. He is inclined to be reckless and he costs the team its shape with his positional play.

Shooting: (6/10) He doesn't have a bad shot but it is an occasional event and he rarely scores.

Commitment (10/10) One thing he has in abundance.

Athleticism (6/10) He has a great deal of energy but, sadly, does not always use it to best effect as I've mentioned in relation to the team's shape.

There are other things one might assess but the above gives Tiatto a score of 40/70 (around 55 per cent).

It is just not a good enough return. Sixty-five per cent is the least you need.

He is a central midfield player not a left winger, I'd have him in over Gudjohnson. People seem to believe Joey has improved no end this year but whilst I have seen progression, not exactly hard, he still offers no presence as a ball winner, sturggles with eratic passing which is sometimes sublime but often awful and awful decision making.

He is a facking idiot.

Sometimes i wonder if he actually has a brain.

Its a good job we had a premiership referee today or else Tiatto would have been sent off for that foul after he just got booked.

He needs to be dropped alongside Williams.

Smith in for Tiatto , Hughes into the middle for Williams and Sylla on the right. Lets play with out and out wingers!!

He is a facking idiot.

Its a good job we had a premiership referee today or else Tiatto would have been sent off for that foul after he just got booked.

Smith in for Tiatto , Hughes into the middle for Williams and Sylla on the right. Lets play with out and out wingers!!

Oh yeah! :D:D That is a good midfield. :thumbup::ph34r::whistle::)

He is a central midfield player not a left winger, I'd have him in over Gudjohnson. People seem to believe Joey has improved no end this year but whilst I have seen progression, not exactly hard, he still offers no presence as a ball winner, sturggles with eratic passing which is sometimes sublime but often awful and awful decision making.

what games have you been watching joey has been 1 of, if not the most reliable of the players and his discaplin is far greater than twatto and he has a very calm head on him so he doesnt panic

He is a facking idiot.

Too right, but unfortunately Smith is unavailable for the next 3 games and I'd rather have Tiatto in the team than Wilcox. Plus can anyone ever see Levein dropping his captain? I doubt it will happen.

Too right, but unfortunately Smith is unavailable for the next 3 games and I'd rather have Tiatto in the team than Wilcox. Plus can anyone ever see Levein dropping his captain? I doubt it will happen.

Yeah thats a downer we will seriously miss Smithy.

I would rather have Tiatto in than Wilcox but he just fouls when he does'nt need to and by doing that he puts us in some dodgy positions.

I have'nt seen Hamill yet , how has he preformed?

Yeah thats a downer we will seriously miss Smithy.

I would rather have Tiatto in than Wilcox but he just fouls when he does'nt need to and by doing that he puts us in some dodgy positions.

I have'nt seen Hamill yet , how has he preformed?

hammil has been solid, nothing special, i'd defonatly give him the next 3 games to see how good he can be, but i doubt levein will

hammil has been solid, nothing special, i'd defonatly give him the next 3 games to see how good he can be, but i doubt levein will

There is no way that Tiatto is gonna get dropped.

But in order to get the best out of our midfield he needs to be.

Sylla - Joey - Hughes - Smith

Now that'll ding dang doo for me :D

Oh yeah! :D:D That is a good midfield. :thumbup::ph34r::whistle::)

Nice thought but even I think we need one defensive midfield player. The only place up for grabs is Joey's and there's Tiatto and Kisnorbo can both play there. If Tiatto sorted his attitude out (where he plays and how he plays ie within the rules) then may the best man of the three win.

Further attacking options come from playing Sheehan at full back not from taking the one defensive midfielder out. This is the main problem to playing Sylla as one of two wingers - it leaves midfield vulnerable if there's only one rottweiler. Hence my view that Hume should play in the hole and help provide width (with others including the one conventional winger we play - Smith in general but Hammill, Sylla or Wilcox otherwise).

I've never suggested 4-3-3 is the perfect system - just that it's probably best for our team and our players. It maximises our still inexperienced attacking strength while providing solidity and width. Equally the defensive record now suggests that one rottweiler is quite sufficient.

he was the best of a bad bunch and played with passion, we now have better players for his position, when they play the show his frailties not least of which is his tendancy to pick up rash bookings

what games have you been watching joey has been 1 of, if not the most reliable of the players and his discaplin is far greater than twatto and he has a very calm head on him so he doesnt panic

Every home game apart form Luton.

I really ddo not see this great improvment. He rarely breaks up an opposition attack and whilst his passing has improved it is till inconsistent. H egives away needless fouls whenever he tries to win back the ball, silly little pushes in the back or jumping into the attacker when he tries to win a header. It infuriates me as it is brainless and costly.

Don't get me started on his shooting. People seem to forgive him for the 3 to 4 shots game that go 20 yards over the bar for the odd one a season that he gets in. Not me. It gives the ball away in promisign situations and is a completely ineffective distribution of the ball.

id rather have a fighter who sometimes loses the plot than someone who doesnt give a shit, tiatto is a great fighter along with joey and i beleive good for the team. :)

There's having battlers like Joey then there is having twats like Tiatto that just put unwanted pressure on us by making silly fouls when he does'nt need to.

He is a facking idiot.

I tried to work your idea into a 3-5-2 system but nothing seemed convincing.

Every time I consider alternatives for the players we've got I come back to 4-3-3 with Hume floating behind the front two.

It seems the only system that plays to the strengths and negates the weaknesses of our team.

For one reason or another we keep losing or drawing - and falling further and further off the pace.

Is is too much to say PLEASE Mr Levein try this:

Douglas,

Stearman/Kisnorbo, Nils, Dion or Gerrbrand, Sheehan;

Hughes, Joey/Kisnorbo/Tiatto, Smith/Wilcox(for now)/Hammill

Hume;

MDV, Hammond.

Order the selected winger to stay wide. Keep Hughes and Joey in the centre and allow Hume to roam and to help provide width on the right.

I could make an individual case for all three of the defensive rottweilers I've named but, given the right instructions, there's little to choose between them (apart from Tiatto's indiscipline).

Subs: Sylla, Dion or Gerrbrand, two of the three Rottweilers, and a striker from the reserves/academy.

He's only played once but, however you look at it, losing the Ryan Express is a big, big blow.

When you leve him out you know the replacement is "just chocolate" by comparison.

Archived