Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Ryan Smith

Outstanding performance. HE changed the game immediately and we actually looked liked winning from the second he arrived. I can't believe he's suspended for the next 3 games, we've got to go a month to see him again, hopefully he'll be ready to let loose on Coventry.

For those who didn't go today, he has that wow factor about him and if he keeps playing like that he'll be loved by every Leicester fan :D

Well played Ryan, pleasure to see.

agree, he sounded just like the injection we needed, shame about the three games but gives him chance to bond with the rest at training, great signing and to me shows Levein is still looking at the present as well as future :)

I 've just decided to edit this too say I'm a post whore!, far too many on here for one day, forgive me for i know not what i type!

Yeah he was brilliant, we've got to extend his loan - he looked like he didnt have a clue about leveins normal tactics :P

Don't worry, Levein now has three weeks to drum them into him, he'll be a Leicester player before you know it.

;) <_< :P

I'm sure you're are all just jesting, but give CL a break when he does do something good you take the piss. By the way Ryan's back for the Preston game.

<h3 class="headline">Boss On Smith Debut </h3>

0,,10274%7E2766491,00.jpgCraig Levein was full of praise for new boy Ryan Smith following City's 1-1 draw with Derby County - but revealed that the Foxes would now be without his services until the end of the month.

The Arsenal youngster joined Leicester on a three-month loan deal on Friday - and went straight into the squad for the contest against their local rivals.

And the 18-year-old, who is rated as one of the best attacking prospects in the country, certainly lived up to his hype - putting in an explosive performance after replacing Stephen Hughes at the start of the second half.

But the Leicester fans will now have to wait until the Preston game on October 29 to see the youngster in action again after Levein revealed that the player will now serve a three-match ban following a red card in a reserve game.

He said: "Ryan made a difference when he came on. He is exciting and doesn't play with any fear at all. He was just desperate to get on the pitch and he was involved in some good lead up play for us. He did very well.

"We knew that Ryan would be suspended for three games when we brought him in. We could have waited another two or three weeks, but there were quite a few teams after him so we were keen to get it done.

"At least he can now train with us over the next couple of weeks, come along to matches and see what we are doing. From that he can get an idea of what is expected of him."

Smith's suspension actually ends following City's home game to Coventry - but due to a clause in the agreement with the Gunners he will not be available to play in Leicester's Carling Cup clash against Cardiff City three days later.

Archived