Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

Todays Verdict.

Lino hadn't got a clue.

Smith for England.

Stewards are heavy handed again (you'll be reported, number 334).

Gerrbrand is good.

Kisnorbo saved us on numerous occasions.

Tiatto out.

Huuuuuuume.

De Vries is someone we miss when without, and curse when with.

Gave it away again.

Good day though.

agreed.. what did steward number 334 do inparticular?

good day though shame we couldnt cling on

Well, in the 90th min, they decided to eject someone for no reason, and as he resisted, about 10 coppers ran up the stairs and actually PUSHED him down them. I shouted at them and told em to stop being heavy handed, all he was doing was wanting to argue his case and he got shoved down the stairs like that.

Then a steward (334) shouted at me and said "What the fock are you looking at?" so i said nothing, then he said "Oi what did you say? DONT EVER SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT" asif to get the police's attention in order to get me chucked out. Then he told me to come over to him, i just stood where i was as another steward told him to go down the stairs a bit.

On the way out, i said "334, got your number". His face was a picture lol

Well, in the 90th min, they decided to eject someone for no reason, and as he resisted, about 10 coppers ran up the stairs and actually PUSHED him down them. I shouted at them and told em to stop being heavy handed, all he was doing was wanting to argue his case and he got shoved down the stairs like that.

Then a steward (334) shouted at me and said "What the fock are you looking at?" so i said nothing, then he said "Oi what did you say? DONT EVER SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT" asif to get the police's attention in order to get me chucked out. Then he told me to come over to him, i just stood where i was as another steward told him to go down the stairs a bit.

On the way out, i said "334, got your number". His face was a picture lol

hey Craig, I heard that meep meep has applied for a stewards job....torch at the ready lol

You missed - Another poxy, listless and disinterested appearance from Williams!

Other than that , spot on.

ffs get off his back too many people on here will NEVER rate him simply because he came from forest,

we dont play to his style, we're a scrappy team at best and he isnt that sort of player

ffs get off his back too many people on here will NEVER rate him simply because he came from forest,

we dont play to his style, we're a scrappy team at best and he isnt that sort of player

If Williams is so good he should adapt and get stuck in. I'll rate him when he puts some bloody effort in, I couldnt care less what club hes come from, Gary Rowett remains my favorite Leicester City right back and he was from Derby! It isnt about the club the come from, Williams is lazy and for a man with so much to offer he does the bare minimum, he'll go the way of Stef Oakes if hes not careful.

Williams is a top player, but he just can't be arsed, he needs to be dropped so he might realise he has to work to get his starting place.

Agreed.

My comments Napalm are based on the fact that Williams is potentially a very good footballer who isn't prepared to work for his team mates, doesn't seem to feel that he should have to cover areas on the pitch that would help us to defend better and can't be arsed to cover ground fast enough when we attack to actually get in the box to offer another option.

The man offered the team absolutely nothing AGAIN today. No bite, no vision and no passion.

That is why I get pi**ed with Gareth, not because he used to play at For*st.

If we are to progress in the next few weeks CL should either drop Gareth or ensure that he can be arsed when he plays for our club.

Dont get me wrong i dont have a problem with people critersising him when they have a valid reason, but when people just say plainly "he's shit" with no resons to back that up it pisses me off, its the same with every player we have

Williams is a top player, but he just can't be arsed, he needs to be dropped so he might realise he has to work to get his starting place.

Nice to see judas is doing well for you!When he was at us he could be a lazy bugger,and only performed when he wanted a new contract or wanted a bigger club.He will play well for you again when he's after a new contract!

i could't get to the game to day,i heard what the manager said,we was unlucky and deserve to win the gameand worked really hard.was this true because he allways says this and some time we do not deserve to win.was it sloppy defending againg that let the goal in. :whistle:

Point one is that Levein's caution in conceding the first half initiative (65%-35% possession) could EASILY have cost us the game before our stirring second half comeback. Why did we do that?.

That said the introduction of Smith first. and of big man MDV later, changed the picture and why? Because Derby very quickly realised they had to worry about us...and when they had to do that they couldn't stay camped near our penalty area as they were in the first half.

Smith goes by people. Immediately other defenders are likely to be drawn out of position. MDV has to be attended to and is adept at bringing others into the game. Hammond benefitted in particular from Smith and Hume from MDV.

Does Levein honestly believe that with all four in the side the opposition could afford to send waves of attackers into our half?. You're joking. Any team in the Championship would have their hands full containing those four.

So there is yet another pointer for Levein towards attack - but not for the one half he dared try it but for both halves.

Secondly we've still got to get rid of the weak links. Tiatto is one and Williams was another today - and has been on other occasions.

There were pluses aplenty. Smith proved a beacon of bright light not just for his own brilliance but for the space he provided for others in being so positive and having to be continually watched.

Gerrbrand played a vital part in Hume's goal, Hammond showed he can be lethal and Kisnorbo excelled for his defensive qualities.

So, if you accept them, what can be done about the weaknesses?. I still believe that Sheehan's left foot is vital to put us on winning ways (and the team does seem to win when he plays). Levein must find a place for him because he is visible quality whereas the Williams I've seen has only invisible qualities that other people have mentioned but that I keep missing.

Tiatto is the same but in your face. What does he add?. Booked again, could have been sent off, mentioned only occasionally in despatches and, apart from one decent shot, nothing of great note. Sheehan contributes LOTS to every match I've seen him play and is the BEST player for picking out our speedy attackers with a pass.

Can Levein not see that?.

There were many positives to take from today - and some excitement to warm us for the future. But we still drew again, we have still not won away from home for ages (cos we failed to maintain the pressure after taking the lead), we still conceded the initiative from the start, we were lucky to survive that first half battering and we remain 19th in the League.

Even at this early stage, missing Smith will be like missing our right leg for the next few games an it is quite clear the guy is probably irreplaceable. Somehow we've gotta cope and the only way will be with Hume,Hammond, MDV in the side at the same time.

And Sheehan, of course, helping supply them. If that means Kisnorbo moving to midfeld I can live with that but make no mistake, we NEED Sheehan's creativity/free kicks etc. Williams was woeful in both departments today and has been generally of late.

Over to you again Craig...

Dont get me wrong i dont have a problem with people critersising him when they have a valid reason, but when people just say plainly "he's shit" with no resons to back that up it pisses me off, its the same with every player we have

Ok.

Williams lacked enthusiasm today, he also lacked the ability to pass to our players.

His attitude **** stank and it made me sick. How dare he turn up and play like he did.

Total utter shite.

Williams out.

i have seen him play well, his passing can be very good on occasions and his can produce the killer pass which i think joey lacks, i rekon williams, smith and hughes represent a good attack-minded mid-field

He played well in one of the pre-season games, in which he scored too...

I also agree with you on both Hughes and Smith. :)

Re Williams: A gifted footballer who has complacency written all over him. If he had any idea of work rate, he would be a great player, as it is he's an idle sod.

Re Tiatto: Two games running he should, not could, should have been sent off. The man is a liability. My only consolation is he will be serving a suspension any time now. He tears around the pitch like a demented Jack Russell, and when he does win the ball, he passes it straight back to the other side.

Archived