Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
carl edmundson

downloading

Depends on how you mean slow down. if you donwload stuff then it will slow down your internet connection. The speed of your computer will depend on the program you use. From what i have "heard", Kazaa has additional software which loads onto your computer and some stuff woithout you realising, so they run in the background and you dont realise, therefore slowing down your computer. there are others which dont contain other software but they can also use up a lot of memory when running. It also depends on your PC specs. The more RAM you have, the more progams you have! My best suggestion would be to switch to using torrents.

what progam/s do you use to download music pictures or videos such as kazaa,limewire?? do they slow your p.c down??

limewire is the best. ive known kazza ruin a pc. kazza like limewire put spyware/adware on your pc whenever you use it, make sure you have a remover, and use it after you use them.

limewire is the best. ive known kazza ruin a pc. kazza like limewire put spyware/adware on your pc whenever you use it, make sure you have a remover, and use it after you use them.

If you are going to use Kazaa make sure you download the Lite version, this has all nasty programmes stripped from it. If you are with a major Service Provider you may like to try Grabbit, this program is a usenet client and its download speeds will not be bettered anywhere else, all you need are your ISP's news server address, usually available on their website, this will max your connection out but you will be shocked at just how quick you obtain your download!

You can also use bit torrent, the link below is to a little known but fantastic site that provides tutorials and guides for ALL d/l methods, as well as links to all the software and torrent sites

Ultimate Download Guide

Hope this helps mate.

I used to have Kazza but rougue files kept sneaking in and I was unable to delete the unwanted ones.

My speed is faster now (1 mg) so don't know if it would be better. I also have too many programs running in the background anyway and don't know what half of them are and which ones are needed. Whe doing a virus check it takes about 30 minutes. Same with a defrag. I need a PC doctor but it's not urgent. lol

what progam/s do you use to download music pictures or videos such as kazaa,limewire?? do they slow your p.c down??

It might be kazaa and limewire (or spyware downloaded through them) that slow down your computer!!!

Make sure you run all the usual antivirus and anti-spyware sofware on your PC regularly.

:angry: thats what i dont want all i want is music and u got trojan horses and it slows your p.c down lol

run your spybot and adaware with the pc in safe mode (you can do this at start up) as quite a bit of the spyware will start up when your pc does a normal start up, running in safe mode ensures it can all be removed.

Kazaa itself is loaded with Spyware and a trojan.

Why not uninstall Kazaa and Limewire and use the following instead?

* Morpheus from Musiccity.com (as already suggested). It is the same technology and finds files from both Morpheus and Kazaa users. The best part though, is it has no trojans or spyware.

* WinMX was another good alternative, but the seems to have been offline since Sept 2005 due to a lawsuit.

Kazaa itself is loaded with Spyware and a trojan.

Why not uninstall Kazaa and Limewire and use the following instead?

* Morpheus from Musiccity.com (as already suggested). It is the same technology and finds files from both Morpheus and Kazaa users. The best part though, is it has no trojans or spyware.

* WinMX was another good alternative, but the seems to have been offline since Sept 2005 due to a lawsuit.

Yep. :(

I'm searching for a new one currently. I've had to use Kazaa Lite which I don't really like. <_<

Archived