Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Torrents

What are they?

How do they help with downloads?

How do you use them?

Is there more than 1?

Are they specific to a piece/type of software being down loaded?

Is there anything else we should know about them before using them?

The last time I asked this all I got was a witty reply from MrC, A serious response would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

What are they?

How do you use them?

Is there more than 1?

The last time I asked this all I got was a witty reply from MrC, A seriuos response would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tim Howard will tell ya.

What are they?

How do you use them?

Is there more than 1?

The last time I asked this all I got was a witty reply from MrC, A serious response would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ok here's a link i gave out earlier, this time for the completee torrent guide of the site:-

Ultimate Torrent Guide

hope this helps mate, in a nutshell torrents are a peer 2 peer file sharing method where there is at least one seed(someone with a complete copy) and numurous leechers(people downloading chunks from the seed), you need a bit torrent client (ie azureus or bit tornado) to d/l the torrents, afte you have installed the client use the link above again to find the sites that list the torrents, click the torrent that takes your fancy and your client will auto load and begin d/l the torrent, slow at forst but as more of the swarm are connected it will speed up.

• 4 years later...

Bump - I manage to suss out using torrents to download but know I'm trying to up load the QPR game.

leftsideoverhere sent me a pm with some info but I'm stuck on trackers and seeding.

Anyone out there who can steer me in the right direction.

I've got the file in mpg format on my pc I've got bitTorrent and utorrent downloaded ( although they look like the same site. I've found Create new torrent and looked for a suitable tracker but nothing seems to take me to one that works.

The website guidance that leftsideoverhere sent me doesn't say how to incorporate seeds.

Yours old and confused.

If ever a torrent of QPR Leicester full match comes up I will seed it forever! I'm not tight on me upload limits, I got one film on utorrent at the minute that I uploaded over 50gb so far.

That's very nice of you but I still don't know how to finish off this upload and how do I get your seed into my torrent (oops perhaps I should rephrase that :giggle: )

Bump - I manage to suss out using torrents to download but know I'm trying to up load the QPR game.

leftsideoverhere sent me a pm with some info but I'm stuck on trackers and seeding.

Anyone out there who can steer me in the right direction.

I've got the file in mpg format on my pc I've got bitTorrent and utorrent downloaded ( although they look like the same site. I've found Create new torrent and looked for a suitable tracker but nothing seems to take me to one that works.

The website guidance that leftsideoverhere sent me doesn't say how to incorporate seeds.

Yours old and confused.

I think that seeders are just people who have downloaded the file from another user using utorrent or another programme and leave it active on their utorrent for other people to continue downloading it. Once 1 person has downloaded it from you then as long as they seed for a while then the file will still be available even if you stop allowing people to download it from you. Once 4 people have downloaded it then there would be 4 seeders if they left it active.

Not sure what a tracker is.

That's very nice of you but I still don't know how to finish off this upload and how do I get your seed into my torrent (oops perhaps I should rephrase that :giggle: )

HA not sure how it works. I don't think you have to do anything to get seeds in. I think you just have to get the file converted into torrent (no idea how) then as soon as it is available and people start downloading the file those people automatically turn into seeders. It's too complicated for me to figure out :D

Ok I've uploaded it as a torrent using BitTorrent6.2. The file is called qprvlcfc-30-10-09.mpg.torrent

file:///G:/Leicester%20City/2009-10%20Goals/original%20recordings/away%20v%20qpr/qprvlcfc-30-10-09.mpg.torrent

I don't know if that's it :dunno:

I got a blank page when i clicked the link so copied and pasted it in and got this.

Error 6 (net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND): The file or directory could not be found.

On that second link I posted it says this in step 6,

6. You should then see your new torrent in your active list in utorrent, and the status should say 'seeding' as shown below. If you get any error messages such as 'Error: the system cannot find the file specified' then there is a problem and you should try again.

Archived