Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What Browser Do You Use?

What Browser Do You Use?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What Internet Browser Do You Use?

• Internet Explorer
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Netscape
    • Opera

Firefox! The best around!!

And a lot more people are using it and hearing about it, so keep spreading the word! IE is a pain and a bitch to use!!!

And even IE7.0 is going the same way as Firefox as they are introducing tabbed browsing and other features similar to firefox! Typical Mircrosoft if you ask me! :rolleyes:

Firefox (of course!) - have been using it for hmm ages.

Unfortunately, some sites still don't work well with Firefox (they obviously don't test their webpages with Firefox and use IE-specific code in their development). Nearly every week, I find myself reporting some malfunctioning sites to their respective owners...

Firefox is good, but tends to eat up too much memory (even after setting a limit in the preferences). But then that could have something to do with me being a heavy user of tabbing, often having 30 pages open at the same time :P

There was another good browser I sometimes used a few months back (supposed to be a "slim", light browser). But I have forgotten its name and have been unable to find it recently. If I remember what it's called, I'll let you know!

I used Firefox for a while but I kept getting messages from IE saying did I want to change. I was wary about taking IE off in case I lost stuff so both were running. I'm trying to clean my PC up at the moment. Got a free 30 day trial of Registry Mechanic. It's OK but I can't remove all the errors without buying the full version. Is there a free Registry cleaner available?

I'm using IE 6 - Although I shouldn't be really - because -

I'm on the beta of IE 7

I'm also on the beta of Vista / Longhorn - which has IE 7 embedded

I have to say I'm not a fan of tabbed browsers - Maybe over time I'll get used to it but currently it písses me off

not meaning to sound thick or anything but whats the difference? i only ever used internet explorer? screenshots may be posted to aid you in your explanation :D:P:ph34r:

Have a look at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/.

This is the Firefox download site.

It also explains what the characteristics of Firefox are and why you may want to use it instead of IE.

(some screenshots too)

Hope this helps.

Sites like this work with IE but (at least the subscribe part) not with Firefox:

http://www.silentnolonger.org/wps/portal

On the other hand, the site seems to be worth a visit.

Here is an extract from their home page:

Change is Possible

Over the last three years, hundreds of thousands of Israelis, Palestinians and international supporters of OneVoice have joined together to awaken and mobilize the silent majority, calling on each and every individual to take responsibility for conflict resolution. Through our unique approach to non-violent citizen action, we have provided an invaluable base of support for the brave steps being taken by political leaders to end the conflict and stop the violence. Working every day to de-legitimize and marginalize extremists on both sides, OneVoice is seizing the agenda to achieve an historic agreement.

That's assuming you have a Mac!

Goes without saying...

Macs are the future trust me. I have used both for work and Macs are just so much easier, you get hardly any hassle like you do with a PC. Well worth the money IMO.

Just treated myself to this 20" bad boy to replace my old imac. http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/uk...G5&mco=5B2B2D94

Goes without saying...

Macs are the future trust me. I have used both for work and Macs are just so much easier, you get hardly any hassle like you do with a PC. Well worth the money IMO.

Just treated myself to this 20" bad boy to replace my old imac. http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/uk...G5&mco=5B2B2D94

I know, we had Mac's (as well as PCs and unix machines) at work (uni) and the Mac's were certainly better for graphics and looks, for instance...

I am waiting to be a bit richer before I make any Mac purchases...

That link doesn't work, btw (timed out message)

I used the Mac's at uni the other day and they are AWESOME!!! i dont think i will be using the PC's in my spare lab time!

Are they THAT awesome that you had to post that twice? :P

Hmm do they have java development stuff on them though?

Archived