Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gjp

Worst fears

Dave Bassett and Howard Wilkinson are the favourites to take permanent charge at Leicester report by the Sun.  :angry:

28212[/snapback]

The Sun has a history of presenting a particular view of the world. Let us hope that they have got this wrong or else I think the relationship with the fans have with the Club may well take a turn for the worse. :unsure::huh: <_<

I don't mind giving him until the end of this season, since the last 2 games have seen a big improvement. I know he is not the long term manager, but if he does a good job in the next game or two, I wouldn't mind seeing him here til the end of the season. And he does have a good record of getting promotion out of this division.

I don't mind giving him until the end of this season, since the last 2 games have seen a big improvement. I know he is not the long term manager, but if he does a good job in the next game or two, I wouldn't mind seeing him here til the end of the season. And he does have a good record of getting promotion out of this division.

28228[/snapback]

Agree toatally, we should wait till the right man comes for the job. Newell is not experienced enough, Gregory would be okay but not brilliant. Hoddle might not come, Robson will not come here. Strachan will wait for the Scotland job. Graham will want more money then he is getting from sky, we cannot afford that much. Mcallistar would be a disaster, as would claridge.

I have said it before and was shot down -- Gary Mac is the overwhelming favourite for job

Unsure as most would be about gary mac, but alot less inspiring names have been mentioned. The one thing i remember about gary mac is watching him play walsh who he persuaded to go to cov , i think against watford and they were stuffed. Anyone who watched that on tele would be worried.but hey we all have bad ones.

I have said it before and was shot down -- Gary Mac is the overwhelming favourite for job

Gary Mac is bookies favourite

28233[/snapback]

Yes, but his wife is still ill, he won't want to return to full time management while that is the case.

Mad biker hinted Gary Mac won't be the new manager, so that's good enough for me. ;)

28228[/snapback]

Agree toatally, we should wait till the right man comes for the job. Newell is not experienced enough, Gregory would be okay but not brilliant. Hoddle might not come, Robson will not come here. Strachan will wait for the Scotland job. Graham will want more money then he is getting from sky, we cannot afford that much. Mcallistar would be a disaster, as would claridge.

28230[/snapback]

No offence MON but I'm glad you're not on the selection committee.

Gregory, Robson, Graham, McAllister, Claridge - No thanks to any of them please.

There are other options out there in the MON mould, they would be a risk but so were MON and Little

Gary Johnson (Yeovil)

Neale Cooper (Hartlepool)

Martin Allen (Brentford)

Andy King (Swindon)

Ian Holloway (QPR)

Craig Levein (Hearts)

Terry Butcher (Motherwell)

Dave Penney (Doncaster)

Gary Mac is bookies favourite

28233[/snapback]

Yes, but his wife is still ill, he won't want to return to full time management while that is the case.

Mad biker hinted Gary Mac won't be the new manager, so that's good enough for me. ;)

28239[/snapback]

I know about his wife , It was my understanding that she was getting better (although it is all relative in her case)

Bassett: "The board are bringing together a list of people and then they've got to decide what they want from the manager.

"If somebody's out of work then we can interview them but if somebody's at another club then the club have to decide are they going to pay compensation and discover whether that club gives them permission to speak to anybody else.

"I'm there to advise the board and they can ask me what I know about a manager, his abilities and his strengths."

Hmm. In one interview he's very keen to get the job, in the next he's talking all about the next manager. Stupid newspapers.

28230[/snapback]

Gregory, Robson, Graham, McAllister, Claridge - No thanks to any of them please.

There are other options out there in the MON mould, they would be a risk but so were MON and Little

Gary Johnson (Yeovil)

Martin Allen (Brentford)

Andy King (Swindon)

Ian Holloway (QPR)

Craig Levein (Hearts)

Dave Penney (Doncaster)

28245[/snapback]

i meant bobby Robson, Yeah i agree a young and up and coming manager would be worth a chance. But look at Taylor, we need to go up, so an experienced man is the way for me. I think Basset will get us promoted. Then we can look at younger managers, we can see if Newell did well over the course of the season, Cotteril, how Johnson did will Yeovil. etc.

28230[/snapback]

Gary Johnson (Yeovil)

Martin Allen (Brentford)

Andy King (Swindon)

Ian Holloway (QPR)

Craig Levein (Hearts)

Dave Penney (Doncaster)

28245[/snapback]

i meant bobby Robson, Yeah i agree a young and up and coming manager would be worth a chance. But look at Taylor, we need to go up, so an experienced man is the way for me. I think Basset will get us promoted. Then we can look at younger managers, we can see if Newell did well over the course of the season, Cotteril, how Johnson did will Yeovil. etc.

28268[/snapback]

I'd be happy for Bobby to replace Bassett but not as manager, we need someone in who might stick around for 3 to 5 years. As for Taylor, yes he was young, up and coming so to speak, but we were an 'established' relatively successful premier team with £20 mill to spend that was the time to go for an experienced successful manager. Today we are a broke, disorganised 2nd Division/Championship team albeit with potential to get back to being established again. So it's back to a young, up and coming manager.

IMO Bassett will not be made manager on a permanent basis because of his past record with us, plus the board know what an unpopular appointment this would be.

Also if he was a serious consideration for the job he would have been appointed by now, although their has been an improvement he has hardly done anything to convince the board to take such a gamble. And lets be honest why should he be given another chance he was awful as manager last time, whats changed !

IMO Bassett will not be made manager on a permanent basis because of his past record with us, plus the board know what an unpopular appointment this would be.

Also if he was a serious consideration for the job he would have been appointed by now, although their has been an improvement he has hardly done anything to convince the board to take such a gamble. And lets be honest why should he be given another chance he was awful as manager last time, whats changed !

28370[/snapback]

Depends what you mean by improvement

Can't argue about an improvement as a spectacle, in terms of points we are nearer to relegation and further from the promotion since he took over.

Archived