Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Would you mind having megson as manager

Would you!!!  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you!!!

• Yes
    • No

Dont l;ike the sound of this though from a WBA board :-

"Posted by smethwick107 on 26 Oct 20:07 Complain | Reply

re: re: re: re: re: Megson's Gone ...

IAN WHO?

The thing that we need now is a different approach to the way Sir Gary manages.

He pulled together a team of better quality footballers, who prefer the passing game and ball retention. GM's was a far more basis approach, based on keeping 7/8 men behind the ball. When we look at Kanu, Greening, Scimeca and Gera they're not worried to pass short and take the ball back - what we've seen over the past 4 years is an eagerness to pump the ball forward and forfeiting possession too easily.

We need a manager who can change tactics and formations to suit opposing teams and the actual game.

As Northants says in another string, someone with premiership experience....... don't worry, we won't be coming for jones."

i think this is the big debate, he is just like micky adams, so what then seems the point to sack micky and hire someone of such similarity?

29752[/snapback]

He's not though , he got WBA promoted twice , MA failed on his second attempt ;)

I would mind. I'll give him a chance but i really dont want to see us appoint him. Its not ambitious. I'd go as far to say as i'd prefer us to keep Bassett and Wilkinson to the end of the season so we can get the right man, and not rush into getting Megson just because he's available and has a bit of Premiership relegation experience :(

I would mind. I'll give him a chance but i really dont want to see us appoint him. Its not ambitious. I'd go as far to say as i'd prefer us to keep Bassett and Wilkinson to the end of the season so we can get the right man, and not rush into getting Megson just because he's available and has a bit of Premiership relegation experience  :(

29759[/snapback]

Agreed. :unsure::unsure::( <_<

I would mind. I'll give him a chance but i really dont want to see us appoint him. Its not ambitious. I'd go as far to say as i'd prefer us to keep Bassett and Wilkinson to the end of the season so we can get the right man, and not rush into getting Megson just because he's available and has a bit of Premiership relegation experience  :(

29759[/snapback]

Agreed. :unsure::unsure::( <_<

29764[/snapback]

Not quite what you were advocating previously Stephen

"Dave Bassett and Howard Wilkinson are the favourites to take permanent charge at Leicester report by the Sun."

The Sun has a history of presenting a particular view of the world. Let us hope that they have got this wrong or else I think the relationship with the fans have with the Club may well take a turn for the worse.

Megson wouldn't be my first choice, but only going on the basis that he sounds like another Adams. Manager's are so complex, it's such a hard job and there's advantages and disadvantages of every manager. Souness had a nightmare at Blackburn and didn't do that well at Southampton or Liverpool but he looks like he's doing well at Newcastle. It's a weird one, I think there's worse managers out there than Megson alot worse infact. I just don't want another Adams, I just want us to completely change things around and build for the future and whoever is capable of that then i'm right behind them.

If Megson can do that then fine, but I have my doubts.

Just being petty here but Souness didn't have a "nightmare" at Blackburn. He got them promoted, won the Worthington Cup with them and took them to Europe. Also, when he left they weren't languishing at the foot of the table. I'm sure many Blackburn fans were sad at his departure.

i think this is the big debate, he is just like micky adams, so what then seems the point to sack micky and hire someone of such similarity?

29752[/snapback]

He's not though , he got WBA promoted twice , MA failed on his second attempt ;)

29756[/snapback]

He ddint fail in his second attempt, he wasnt given the chance by the fans. "You don't know what your doing" what a disgrace by the fans.

People say Megson wouldn't be their first choice, so who is then? Martin O'Neill? no chance. Do remember that we have no money to spend and a squad full of oldies. The potential is there but there is also a limit to the amount of people who are going to want to take the job up! It's a risk for both the club and the new man.

An established, successful manager would PROBABLY NOT want to leave a bigger club or possibly tarnish their reputation by joining this club. We are only going to attract managers with a point to prove, Megson has been a success in guiding West Brom to the Premiership twice now. It takes something great (or flukey) to stay in the prem, so people searching for this 'saviour' of a manager are going to be disappointed I'm afraid. He might do it he might not, there's nobody who definitley WILL do it. I say give Megson a chance, he warrants it the most out of the people we have been SERIOUSLY linked with.

I feel Megson could get us back in the Prem this season, and to me thats all that matters, obviously I would prefer others, but Megson has the qualities and maybe he can utilise our potentially good squad.

Onion

Megson is not my first choice, as I would prefer somebody who is going to get us playing football, but I also want somebody who is going to make us successful and Megson is certainly one of the better options available to us.

Would rather go with somebody with some form of track record than run the risk of hiring another PT from the lower divisions who is unproven.

I would love to see Megson as manager! Suprised he isn't a popular choice on here.

He has done very well West Brom and the fans love/loved him. He is a disciplinarian but also has a good eye for players (except Lee Marshall) and good tactically. I've always respected the man greatly and would love to see him as our manager.

Archived