Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

I am still laughing at that McCarthy sale

I honestly can't believe we got that amount of money for him.

We would never have managed that with Tim Davies involved in the process. Makes you hope we might get a fee for Elvis Hammond now.

:laugh:

he was a good player!

or is this how you take rejection?

Are you joking?

He was shite!

Reckless in the challenge, constantly moaning at officials, possibly the worst distribution ive ever seen in a city centre half,

We are well shot of him,and the fact we got any cash at all is quite amusing, £650K=Hilarious

I agree Mr Barton. I still can’t believe it? It’s great. Now that the tables have turned we're not the ones getting fleeced anymore.

Charlton have effectively handicapped their team for £650,000 and strengthened ours. That’s –20 goal difference and –10 points for them next season. We’ve scored a goal without even kicking a ball. :cool:

C'mon Thracian lol

It's very tempting I agree - but my own approach would have been to tell Charlton how well they've done, how McCarthy's a player for the future who's been held up by injury, how we'd have loved to have kept him if we had the resources, how he just needs time and is a potential steal at the price.

Flattery. It always serves to take the pressure off while mockery tends to put it on. Sounds daft - but three points won or lost against Charlton could be important around this time next season. And no, I don't want that to be providential. It actually bothers me that I should even think of it.

Or, in my new marking system: equation4.gif

Not 100% sure how the quadratic formula solves the connundrum of why McCarthy isn't as good as he should be but I'll take your word for it! (even if you have mysteriously moved the b/2a over!)

he was a good player!

or is this how you take rejection?

Mc arthy was crap for us slow,bad discipline and no control,but that shows how low weve sunk having him as captain last year.It was probably the fact he would not be captain next season and he spat his dummy out and thats why he wanted to go good riddance.

Good deal but when he was a permanent fixture in the team you all seemed to keep quiet.

Excuse me.

He fell woefully short this season and it was remarked on, Sheffield Wednesday at home coming particularly to mind as an example.

Barton also said his piece and he was not the only one.

After his first injury, people were complaining that Kelly would try to find some way of squeezing him into the team whether it was justified or not.

No-one would have wished him another injury but to me it served to prevent even more defensive manipulations and, while people expressed sympathy about the injury, I don't remember many voicing great concern about his absence from the team.

I think it's fuc king brilliant.

Pardew's had a bit of a bump on the head it seems.

If he's still at it, we have a (former) international goalkeeper, that has won honours in domestic football and has Champions League experience.

Go on Alan, you know you want to.

Excuse me.

He fell woefully short this season and it was remarked on, Sheffield Wednesday at home coming particularly to mind as an example.

Barton also said his piece and he was not the only one.

After his first injury, people were complaining that Kelly would try to find some way of squeezing him into the team whether it was justified or not.

No-one would have wished him another injury but to me it served to prevent even more defensive manipulations and, while people expressed sympathy about the injury, I don't remember many voicing great concern about his absence from the team.

spot on!

i was over the moon when he was unavailable through injury (not for him personally) but while he was absent the defence was (slightly) less panicky. paddy looked like he was

shitting his pants for 90 minutes ( <--------- for leicester fans ) (for the charlton fans -------> )

an immense god like defender; solid, dependable with a good disciplinary record

Isn't it odd that everyone is over the moon because we've become a selling club? :unsure:

:D

you can't polish a turd, but if someone wants to buy it off you and have a go themselves, then they're more than welcome. and we've 'bought' sapcote (or whoever) from queoops. so nerr

Archived