Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

New Signings Imminent

Yeah i heard that interview he said something like - there will be new signings in the next several days to 2 weeks and he is meeting with Nigel on thursday.

He said last night that they are looking to strengthen midfield and upfront.

Also he mentioned that they are trying to bring back one of the loan players from last season on a perminent deal.

Yeah i heard that interview he said something like - there will be new signings in the next several days to 2 weeks and he is meeting with Nigel on thursday.

He said last night that they are looking to strengthen midfield and upfront.

Also he mentioned that they are trying to bring back one of the loan players from last season on a perminent deal.

Great :D

I have been quite worried about the current six (four without Hobbs and Brown) signings and that we are not going to sign any midfielders or strikers but if Mandaric himself has said it then I am excited and confident.

From the Merc

Chairman Milan Mandaric will sit down with manager Nigel Pearson today and start to plot Leicester City's next transfer moves.

Mandaric said Pearson's transfer priorities will be a midfielder and a striker.

The activity has already been renewed with Swedish youth international Astrit Ajdarevic yesterday agreeing a permanent move to the Walkers Stadium after being released by Liverpool.

The 19-year-old has signed a one-year deal after spending a month on loan with City last season, making five appearances off the bench.

And goalkeeper Carl Pentney, who made one substitute appearance last season, has put pen to paper on a six-month contract.

The chairman, right, said City were "pretty solid" in defence following the capture of goalkeeper Chris Weale, defender Robbie Neilson and the permanent signings of centre-backs Jack Hobbs and Wayne Brown.

City have also signed Lincoln midfielder Dany N'Guessan and he is joining his new team-mates for the first time as the players report for pre-season training today.

Mandaric said: "Nigel and I are going to sit down to have a long discussion and plan what else we need.

"We are still short of some players and we are looking for improvements in midfield and in attack as well.

"We will see a few more players coming here in the next couple of weeks.

"We are working from the same page and Nigel will get the support he needs."

City have been linked with Doncaster midfielder Richie Wellens, but stepped out of the race to sign Swindon striker Simon Cox, whose club have accepted a £2m offer from West Brom.

Mandaric admitted there will be tough competition for the identified targets.

He said: "We are going to be facing opposition from clubs coming down with big money.

"There are also others who still have parachute money so it is going to be tough."

Mandaric has also confirmed that Pearson will be looking to determine the future of want-away striker DJ Campbell.

The 27-year-old forward still has two years on his contract but said, following a loan spell at Blackpool, that the last thing that he wanted to do was return to Leicester.

Mandaric said: "Everyone is coming in today and then we will make decisions in the next few days but that's Nigel's call and I will give him support.

"I have respect for DJ. He scored nine goals in 19 games so you have to give him credit.

"For whatever reason, though, players say some things and sometimes get emotional.

"But DJ is our player, he belongs to us and he is a professional and, if we need him to play for us, he will do.

"However, if Nigel and DJ decide it will be better for him to go somewhere else, then that is what we are going to do.

"The number one priority has to be what is best for this club and not what is best for anyone else."

Said on South Today yesterday that Surman is on his way to an unknown club :whistle:. Good news though, we need an attacker and a midfielder and I hope Cleverley comes back. Mandy has now said the right things, but actions speak louder than words, lets hope we bring in some real quality and not some crappy old premiership player who is coming for his last paycheck.

Said on South Today yesterday that Surman is on his way to an unknown club :whistle:. Good news though, we need an attacker and a midfielder and I hope Cleverley comes back. Mandy has now said the right things, but actions speak louder than words, lets hope we bring in some real quality and not some crappy old premiership player who is coming for his last paycheck.

Surman now gone to Wolves, I suppose the lure of Premiership football was too much, he would never have come here really.

Looks promising I guess.

Glad midfield and upfront has been mentioned. Nothing about goalkeepers though?

Hopefully the mystery loan into permanent signing will be Stockdale or Martin.

Doubt it will be Gilbert because Neilson was signed.

Cleverley im hoping.

I'd love to have Cleverley back in any capacity whether it be on loan or signed (I suspect a loan deal is more likely) though the strikers being banded about in the gossip columns have not yet set my world on fire..... We are going to need some quality, I think our current pairing will be found out at this level as they have been previously to an extent.

I would like a proven striker for this division, not a young fella who has scored a couple of wonder goals. I trust Pearson's judgement, but judgement is regulated by the money Mandaric gives him to spend. If he is serious about getting in to the play-offs or even close, we need a 17-27 goals a season 6ft Centre forward who can stand in for Stevie and have a bit more pace and touch.... We have Fryatt and Campbell to cover the other striking role......

I'm hoping for quality.

But I am not holding my breath.

forgot the source but apparently QPR are front runners for him because of southamptons problems there willing to let him go for about 400k bargin for a player of his quality.

ahh hes gone wolves :frusty:

Archived