Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Forest Away

Optimeter  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Big game, big win??????????

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

We haven't played Forest in the League at the City Ground for 5 years, we drew 1-1 last time thanks to a late David Connolly equaliser. None of our match squad from that day are at the club now.

More recently was the Carling Cup game 2 seasons ago, we let them score, and we still beat them, Stearman and Clemence late goals taking us through to the next round. Only 3 players from that match squad remain at the club, one of them is on loan at Derby, one of them is a cripple and one is Matty Fryatt.

Forest are due a good beating, they are unbeaten in 10 League games winning 6, that resurgence has seen them nicely placed in 4th, just 2 points behind ourselves, so you could say this is a real six-pointer.

We can't afford to waste any more points here, draws against Scunny, Derby, Watford, P'boro, Sheffield United and Ipswich have cost us points dearly and probably a place in the automatic promotion places.

Pearson will probably only make one change to the unchanged side from the previous 2 matches, i'm pretty sure Oakley will be back into the mix for this game.

If we win this it will set up a nice cushion between us and Forest, aswell as giving us some momentum. We've said all season though that we have 2 winnable home games now, but in 3 pairs of home matches, we haven't won both in a row once. So it's crucial we actually win both those 'winnable' home games this time around, as we could easily drop more points at Forest.

I would take a point at Forest as long as i was confident we would take maximum points at home off Wednesday and Bristol City, but i don't think we will do that, so i won't be over the moon with a draw and want a win.

I have a feeling we will raise our game for this one and score some goals, i rekon 3-2 Leicester, a Kermo brace and a Wellens stunner :scarf:

:celebrate::yahoo::dance::jump::banana::jump::D:P

I can't even contemplate us losing here, it'd destroy me inside like an Aaron McLean-Exodus Geohagon roasting.

That said, we'll need to drop Gallagher and DRASTICALLY improve on the 2nd half of last weeks' game to even get a point.

just looking at the records and you havnt beaten us at home in a league game since 1972

Trust me we know! lol

Ive never seen us beat you at the City Ground apart from the cup replay! Im not optimistic for this game either! :unsure:

Don't think we will win.

Draw? Not sure.

But I do think they will dominate, they are a force and we may struggle. Hope that the width thing has improved, at S****horpe we were stuggling abit on the width, so I hope we are not like that at The City Ground because of their wingers.

Would love a win or draw but I am going for a 3-1 loss.

Did that even make sense? lol

FWIW I think Billy will play,

Camp

Gunter Wilson Morgan Shorey

McKenna

Cohen Madjewski

Anderson Tyson

Blackstock

That's assuming Tyson and blackstock are fit. If not then Anderson will start on the other side and Mcleary will get a run out. Well, him or McGoldrick. Now i thnk about it he could play Moussi instead of Cohen and McGugan instead of Raddy. Although, given our convincing win but poor performance last week he may go with two up top again and play Earnshaw alongside Dex with Dele to come on later.

For the first time in years we have cover for every position (except left back). Makes it hard to second guess the side though.

A win, 3-1 :) We'll be rampant. Although it has cross my that all this excitement will lead to the crappest game of footy we will watch for years to come. :)

Goals :

Kermo, Waghorn (2)

Think Forest aren't much good when you cancel, Blackstock and Tyson out of the game.

Also It's crossed my mind even tho Morgan's been scoring for them, he has still a great habit of scoring own goals.

Don't see why everyones so negative, it's not like we're playing WBA again ;)

Just an inform side, like preston were, and we all saw how beatable they were earlier this season at the walkers.

FWIW I think Billy will play,

Camp

Gunter Wilson Morgan Shorey

McKenna

Cohen Madjewski

Anderson Tyson

Blackstock

That's assuming Tyson and blackstock are fit. If not then Anderson will start on the other side and Mcleary will get a run out. Well, him or McGoldrick. Now i thnk about it he could play Moussi instead of Cohen and McGugan instead of Raddy. Although, given our convincing win but poor performance last week he may go with two up top again and play Earnshaw alongside Dex with Dele to come on later.

For the first time in years we have cover for every position (except left back). Makes it hard to second guess the side though.

Is that a 4-3-3, or a strange kinda 4-1-2-2-1 or summat like that?

I think you're quite similar to us in terms of style.

A win, 3-1 :) We'll be rampant. Although it has cross my that all this excitement will lead to the crappest game of footy we will watch for years to come. :)

Goals :

Kermo, Waghorn (2)

Think Forest aren't much good when you cancel, Blackstock and Tyson out of the game.

Also It's crossed my mind even tho Morgan's been scoring for them, he has still a great habit of scoring own goals.

Don't see why everyones so negative, it's not like we're playing WBA again ;)

Just an inform side, like preston were, and we all saw how beatable they were earlier this season at the walkers.

Blackstock and Tyson have been missing from the last few games. Dexter made his first appearance for a while against Donny and was largely anonymous. He's expected to be fully fit for Saturday and Tyson is said to be there or thereabouts.

Went for Leicester loss ;)

Got high hopes for Sat though; 10 unbeaten and being at home it'd be foolish not to back us. If the Moose is back for us, I expect a similar formation to the one we played vs Newcastle and all our other big games; something like:

--------------Camp

Gunter--Wilson--Morgan--Shorey

---------Mckenna--Moussi

Anderson--Majewski--Cohen

------Blackstock or Earnie

With Earnshaw really desperate to fight for his place and get his goals, it's going to be a massive selection headache for Davies. Saying that we might just go for the 4-4-2 like we did vs Donny. We'll see what Saturday brings

Actually quite worried about this one. Forest have really hit their form of late, and whilst we've still been stringing good results together, it's been far from convincing at times. It'd be absolutely fantastic to come away with three points from this one, but it's a tall order to ask for.

Archived