Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jackirius

Forest Player Ratings

Whatcha Thinking?

Weale - 8 - Did all he was asked, saved a long shot also :o

Naughton - 5 - Looked lazy going forward and a few shaky moments at the back, quite game.

Davies - 9 - Solid at the back, purposeful headers partnered well with Hobbs.

Hobbs - 8 - Partnered well with Davies looked good in the air, starting to play like he was last season.

Cunningham - 7 - Few decent free kicks, outwitted at the back sometimes but recovered well.

King - 8 - Good goal, pushed the ball up to the front three well and got back to help out regularly.

Abe - 7 - Good work rate, won quite alot of balls in the air, his final ball let him down a few times.

Wellens - 8 -Worked his arse off, controlled the midfield and linked the midfield to the front three quite well.

Gallagher - 6 - A few poor corners and free kicks, unable to beat the first man, lost the ball quite alot but created a few chances down the wings.

Vassell - 7 -Made a few decent runs, his touch and final ball let him down a few times, still think he has more in him.

Bednar - 7 - Held the ball up quite well, played a good part in the goal and looked strong and fit first touch let him down a bit.

Weale 8

Naughton 7

Davies 8

Hobbs 8

Cunningham 7.5

Abe 8

Wellens 8

King 8

Vassell 7.5

Bednar 7

Gallagher 7

pretty much, maybe 8.5's for Wellens and King, and 8 for Gally who I thought showed some excellent touches and controlled the pace of the game a lot.

Weale 8

Naughton 6.5 - didn't get forward as much as usual, looked shaky at the back

Hobbs 8

Davies 8

Cunningham 7

King 8 - popped up when needed, again

Abe 8 - McGugan joins Commons in his back pocket

Wellens 9 - superb, simply superb

Vassell 8 - improving, key part of the goal

Bednar 7 - lacked sharpness, but worked hard and intelligently held the ball up for our goal

Gallagher 7 - few chances, could've scored

7s for everyone except Vassell 8 for turning it on in the second half, and Bednar 2, an utter shocker in the first half, during which I think he only managed to hold the ball twice, even from easy passes, improved to be just poor in the second half, though at least with a couple of decent touches.

and Bednar 2, an utter shocker in the first half, during which I think he only managed to hold the ball twice, even from easy passes, improved to be just poor in the second half, though at least with a couple of decent touches.

Very harsh.

Weale 8.5 (Two vital saves which had considerable effect on the game).

Naughton 6 (Thoughtless header almost gave them a goal and a bit iffy at other times).

Hobbs 7.5 (Solid and simple - which I like in a centre-back).

Davies 8 (Won't ever make a centre-forward but tidied up well tonight)i

Cunningham 7 (Under pressure at times but came out on top)

King 8.5 (Earned us three points with his goal. Almost won a penalty when a late tackle earned his marker a booking and might have had another goal too. The bloke is just so effective.)

Abe 8 (Busy and simple. One of his best performances so far)

Wellens 8.25 (Mean and masterful. Looked right up for it)

Vassell 7.75 (A bit greedy at times but his persistence made the goal and he did ask questions. So close to getting a goal himself with the touchd that was cleared off the linel).

Bednar 6 (I presume he'll get better but tonight he was ordinary)

Gallagher 7.25 (Frustrates me so much. Gets chances but fails to take enough of them. Good involvement though).

Weale 8

Naughton 7 - Not at his best tonight but still decent

Davies 8 - Solid

Hobbs 8 - Ditto

Cunningham 8 - Some good crosses and defensively solid

Abe 8 - Tidied up, worked his arse off

Wellens 8 - Creative, hard-working

King 8 - Quality, looked a threat all night

Vassell 7.5 - Frustrating in the first half but came alive in the second

Bednar 6 - Slow and gave the ball away too much, he did lack support though

Gallagher 7 - Dyer has to replace Gally against Watford, I don't see what he offers other than wasting good chances

I think a lot of these ratings for Bednar are overly harsh, he's first few touches were heavy, but as the game wore on he got better and better, showed good strength and movement to lead the line against a pretty mean Forest defence. A few times he played nice balls for an overlap that his teammates didn't read because they aren't quite on the same wavelength yet.

Where was golden balls Fryatt left on the bench lol he be there till January!!! Vassell looked sharper, Bedner not impressed first 20 mins put in good workman like shift, Abe superb and as for the King of Leicester never lets us down. Good performance well chuffed for Chris Weale, I will back this fella good bloke on and off the pitch and stood up two important saves showing the class we knew he had, few bollocks over in his time but how many in 65 games, I firmly hope Kirkland comes to warm the bench I like Chris Weale, after all we all loved him last season

Totally Agree with all your ratings.

think this is just about right. should have been there! amazing game.

Archived