Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Player Ratings v Man City

Weale 7.5 - Little chance with the first goal, not sure about the second. Cracking save from de Jong at the death.

Naughton 7.5 - Worked very hard and was a threat going forward. Both Man city goals came from his side, mind.

Hobbs 7.5 - Oh, Jack! What a chance that was! Otherwise solid in defence.

Bamba 8 - Freak off corners. Absolute freak. I've never heard of 5 shots on target from a centre back. Ridiculous. Seemed decent enough in defence.

Berner 8 - What a hero.

Abe 9 - Outstanding, particularly first half. Never gave City a second and almost bagged a goal.

Wellens 9.5 - The best player on the pitch.

King 8 - Not involved for the most part, but still scored.

Gallagher 8 - Really good display. I think (I'm not sure, my eyes may have deceived me) Paul Gallagher made a tackle today. I will need to see a replay to be sure. Good, consistent delivery from set pieces.

Vassell 7.5 - Worked very hard and made some really intelligent runs.

Dyer 7 - Not his day, but worked his socks off.

The subs were poor - Waghorn and Howard should have offered something and did nothing between them.

Think I'd agree with almost all of that, ttfn, except I think I'd have Wellens and Bamba on even points with Abe fractionally behind.

Thought Bamba was sensational, not just in their box but defensively as well. Some absolutely incredible interceptions to cut out play.

Weale 8 - Distribution generally good. Critical save to deny De Jong.

Naughton 7.5 - Got caught in possession a couple of times but bombed up and down all day.

Bamba 8.5 - Welcome to our new striker! 1 mistake for Milner's goal but otherwise looked good at both ends. Like the fact he looks to play from defence.

Hobbs 7.5 - Solid (especially second half) although distribution was slightly below par. Should have scored

Berner 8 - Looks fit seems to have regained the legs which we thought meant his Leicester career was over. Should be given a run now.

Abe 8.5 - Fantastic first half, slightly less impact 2nd period but did all the things he does so well to a high standard.

Wellens 9 - Best player on show. 2nd half performance amongst the best I've seen from an LCFC player this season

King 7 - Got into good positions as always, but not so involved in general play. Can't begrudge a guy who will get us 15+ goals from midfield though.

Gallagher 7 - Wimped out of challenges as per normal, but dleivery from set plays was generally exemplary

Vassell 7.5 - Tireless job and did it well. His hold up play is much better than I expected and ran the channels well to stretch the City defence

Dyer 7 - Looked a threat but faded from the game second half.

Subs: Waghorn 6, Howard 6, Neilson N/A

Think I'd agree with almost all of that, ttfn, except I think I'd have Wellens and Bamba on even points with Abe fractionally behind.

Thought Bamba was sensational, not just in their box but defensively as well. Some absolutely incredible interceptions to cut out play.

Bamba just edged it over Wellens for MOTM for me. Imperious in the air in both boxes, strong as an ox and scared them to death.

Wellens worked hard all game and ran the midfield with Abe for long periods, superb display from btoh really. I felt Gallagher had a decent day today as well, really put in a shift.

250K is looking like a steal.

IT'S BAMBA TIME!!!!

Weale 7.5 - Little chance with the first goal, not sure about the second. Cracking save from de Jong at the death. <<< agree

Naughton 7 - Solid performance, up & down the wing the whole game

Hobbs 8 - Solid in defence, missed a sitter though

Bamba 9 - Amazing 6 shots on goal, 5 on target, seemed accomplished at the back read the game & drop of the ball well & wasn't short on pace

Berner 9 - What a hero. Just brilliant, hope we can hold on to him

Abe 9 - Never let ManCity settle, brilliant shot from 20-30 yards shows he should do that more often and maybe take a free kick or two

Wellens 11 - Bossed everything, had Viera & De Jong in his pocket. the Leicester performance of the season

King 7 - Didn't realise he was on the pitch until he scored, then went missing straight after, could have been a 3 or 4 without the goal

Gallagher 8 - Best performance in a City shirt, set-pieces were great

Vassell 7 - Worked hard against quality opposition, the ball didn't quite run for him though

Dyer 7 - Ran through a few times, but didn't sparkle

Someone needs a -5 for not rushing out for their corner in the 44th minute, leaving one on two was disgraceful schoolboy stuff

The performance by the team was a different class, although Man City were always a threat through their quality we deserved to win :scarf:

Weale 8 - Good save from De Jong

Naughton 8 - Fantastic tonight, composed defensibly and threat going forward

Bamba 8 - Cult hero already? Could of had 4 goals and was generally solid. Turned too easy Milners goal though

Hobbs 8 - Solid

Berner 8 - I think I might love him

Abe 9 - Pivotal, broke up play and gave Man City no time to breathe

Wellens 9 - Would be a 10 if it wasn't for not closing Milner down for their second.

King 8 - Scored

Gallagher 7 - Frustrating as ever but good work rate and 2 assists

Vassell 8 - Seemed well up for it and was a threat all game

Dyer 7.5 - Faded in and out as with Vassell, a threat

Weale - 9 - Weale for england 'cause joe hart's shit!

Naughton - 8.5

Hobbs - 9 - brilliant, him and bamba destroyed tevez

Bamba - 9.5 - :wub: currently putting tevez on his mantlepiece.

Berner - 9

Abe - 9 - played well, good defensive work and so nearly a spectacular goal.

Wellens - 9 - Brilliant

King - 8.5 - i thought goal aside he was quite quiet.

Dyer - 8

Vassell - 8 - Worked and harried but didn't get much

Gallagher - 8 - you knowe the team care when even he's chasing back.

All of them are heros in my eyes, i couldn't care if we lose the replay, they've done us proud today.

I want to give everyone 10 because the team play some fantastic football against possible PL winners.

It's not an accurate representation of how they actually played but the euphoria is just a bit too much for me right now.

Weale 8.5 - Think he had a good game, couldn't do much about the goals and pulled off some quality saves e.g. De Jong.

Naughton 8 - Defensivly wasn't brilliant but did very well going forward and supporting play.

Hobbs 8 - Looked strong in defence, coped will with certain pressures, should have could have scored that header.

Bamba 8.5 - Looked decent in defence and amazing threat from corners, 1st touch for Lcfc. Could end up being a steal for 250k.

Berner 7 - Struggled to cope with the pace a bit, and a few poor crosses but he did aswell as he could with his pace.

Abe 8.5 - So quick on closing down their players, worked his arse off all match, unlucky not to have a goal.

Wellens 9.5 - Amazing, work rate was tremendous, closed players down created opportunity. Quality.

King 7.5 - Pretty quite game apart from the goal.

Gallagher 8 - Top game from Gally, decent set pieces bar a few. got back and helped out and really worked their back line.

Vassell 8 - Made some top runs and pressured their defence alot.

Dyer 7.5 - Not a great game, a few decent runs down the wing but the end ball was poor.

Weale 7.5 - Little chance with the first goal, not sure about the second. Cracking save from de Jong at the death.

Naughton 7.5 - Worked very hard and was a threat going forward. Both Man city goals came from his side, mind.

Bamba 8 - Freak off corners. Absolute freak. I've never heard of 5 shots on target from a centre back. Ridiculous. Seemed decent enough in defence.

Berner 8 - What a hero.

Abe 9 - Outstanding, particularly first half. Never gave City a second and almost bagged a goal.

Gallagher 8 - Really good display. I think (I'm not sure, my eyes may have deceived me) Paul Gallagher made a tackle today. I will need to see a replay to be sure. Good, consistent delivery from set pieces.

The subs were poor - Waghorn and Howard should have offered something and did nothing between them.

Totally agree with that. Proud of the lads today. .

Just got home from that cracking game!

Weale 8 - Two really fantastic saves in the second half, unlucky with the 2 in the first

Naughton 7.5 - Did well, loved his little skill at the end when we faked going past the manc players.

Hobbs 7 - I thought he kept drifting away from his central area, but fair play he did well to keep the ball away from the Mancs, gave me a heart attack when he ran with the ball across the area ha!

Bamba 9.5 MOTM - Finally someone who can head the ball in set pieces, a real monster! really composed aswell and made vital challenges

Berner 8 - Got forward really well and was aggresive in defense.

Abe 9 - Never stops running, had Tevez in his pocket most the times, how many premier league players can do that?

Wellens 9 - Outstanding, really really good performance from him, strong and his vision was great

King 7.5 - That goal will be on the blooper videos for some time! Not the best performance but he did well towards the end

Gallagher 8 - Still doesnt like jumping to win balls but managed to attempt some today, played some nice crosses in and some cheeky passes

Vassell 8.5 - Really good performance, lovely footwork and composed passing to set up chances.

Dyer 7 - Had some good chances to cross/shoot but didnt really take them well, seemed a tad slower today than usual

Subs

Waghorn 6 - Slow and didnt challenge for much, nice skill at the end but the cross should have been better

Howard 6 - Not enough time to really influence the game

Sven 10 - I think his tactics were spot on!! The Manc back line were huge and im glad we didnt play the long ball, when we played it along the floor they really had trouble dealing with the wingers.

Weale 7.5 - Some good saves and punches, always alert, nothing he could do for Milner's goal, perhaps could have got to the ball before Tevez for the second, but far from the most culpable.

Naughton 8 - A very good little player to my eyes, defensively solid, willing and incisive in attack, think he would be a really top signing if we can get him on a permanent (which I think we can).

Berner 6.5 - First half he got run absolutely ragged, and there wasn't much he could do about it. It wasn't that he played badly, he just was not equipped to deal with the pace and variety of Man City's right side attacks. Recovered in the second half, becoming more solid and putting in one memorable foray into the opposition half, probably partly helped by Man City's change in formation.

Bamba 8 - What an absolute brute from corners, Jesus, I've not seen anything like that. And it wasn't just his strength that carved out the opportunities, his movement was electric, the way he moved to put his head past Boateng's shoulder to steal a header in on goal was sublime. Has to lose some kudos for the way he was totally skinned by Milner for their first, but otherwised seemed capable in defence. Let's see if he can get that motivated for future games.

Hobbs 8 - Generally very solid, I didn't see Jo or Tevez getting much joy against him. Perhaps not quick enough to shore up our left side of defence in the first half, and did dither on the ball on occasion, but that's being critical.

Abe 8 - An absolute rock for the attack to build itself on. Energy and industry in abundance, good tackling, composed use of the ball, and one great strike to boot.

Wellens 9.5 - Best player on the pitch is right. Genuinely can't remember the last time I saw a Leicester player play that well, he absolutely ran the show made Vieira look like the faded star that he is. Forced the manager of the 2nd best team in the country (according to the tables) to throw on a thug in de Jong to try and stop him. I'm tempted to dock him a point for his performance when he hurt his hand, but he took so many bangs I'll let it slide :P. His playmaking was just superb, his harrying and tackling were excellent, he's the midfield general. For a normal game I'd rate him 9, he gets the extra half for pulling it off against one of the best sides in the game, who set up defensively with a flooded midfield.

King 7.5 - Quiet really, but was on his toes for his goal and wasn't wasteful in possession, so contributing to controlling the midfield for large periods.

Gallagher 8.5 - Thought he was a threat all night long, the quality of his corner delivery and crossing was consistently high, and I felt he was defensively as tight as anyone else. An impressive performance. Loses a notch for not being able to bring his freekicks into the same echelons as his corners.

Dyer 7 - Didn't expect him to have a lot of joy tonight, but I thought he was quite effective, his control and running made it difficult to pick up, even for Premier League opposition.

Vassell 7.5 - Not much in the way of shooting, but his running meant their defence could never rest, still got plenty of pace and energy.

Weale 7 - Two decent saves and his kicking was fantastic today.

Noughton 8 - So glad we've got him until at least the end of the season, fantastic.

Berner 7.5 - Solid, always stood his ground, supported the attack well.

Bamba 8.5 - As debuts go, they don't get much better than this. Not only a threatat set-pieces, but a simple no-nonsense defender.

Hobbs 8 - Still has Tevez in his back pocket, first class today.

Abe 8.5 - Never stopped working, ran himself into the ground, and nearly bagged his first goal for us.

Wellens 9 - MOTM. He was well up for it today, pulled a few tricks out the bag and showed his class.

King 7.5 Quiet game, but was still there to pop the equaliser in. Some of his runs are incredible.

Gallagher 8 - His two balls into the box for the goals were first class, put a bit more of shift in than usual today.

Dyer 7 - Always going to be dangerous with pace and troubled Boateng a few times.

Vassell 8 - A few tricks, worried them with his pace and even got a few showboats in.

Guest BlueBrett

Weale - 8 - Did nothing wrong. Good stop from Tevez and a great save from De Jong.

Berner - 8 - Solid throughout, read the game well and where the hell did that pace come from half way through the second half?!

Bamba - 9.5 - What a debut!! Cult hero already! Nobody could handle him in the air and he didn't look to shabby with the ball at his feet either. Showed real desire and aggression. He was just a BEAST in both boxes.

Hobbs - 8.5 - Excellent game for Jack. Should do his confidence the world of good. Some towering headers and he looked solid. Only thing he could have done better was to get that free header on target.

Naughton - 9 - Really impressed me again. He was up and down his side of the pitch as if he didn't even know what it meant to be tired. Some great work in defence and he showed real commitment. When he sprinted after that lost cause and won a corner I could have kissed him! Really wish we had managed to get him on a permanent. Many more performances like that and we'll never hang on to him.

Abe - 8.5 - Busy and intelligent. He and Wellens bossed the mid-field. Linked up the play really well too.

Wellens - 10 - Unbelieveable display from Wellens!! He ran the show at times. Passing, Tackling, Dribbling he looked the best player on the pitch.

King - 8 - Quiet for most of the game but reliable as ever in front of goal. What would we do without him? He poached his goal brilliantly. Tevez would have been proud of that.

Dyer - 8 - Didn't use his pace to the greatest effect today but I thought his passing was good.

Gallagher - 8.5 - Deliveries were mostly excellent and I felt he got stuck in more than usual. Made a couple of questionable decisions though (the free-kick right on the edge of the box springs to mind)

Vassell - 9 - Great performance from Vassell today I thought. He terrorized their defence. Proved once again that he hasn't lost his pace and some of the runs he made were really clever. Looked dangerous almost every time he had the ball. Deserved a goal against his old club.

Sven - What can you say? Set everything up perfectly and 250k for Sol Bamba?! Inspired!!

:scarf:

weale- 9 - cracking saves saved us in last few mins with 2 cracking saves

naughton-8.5- played excellently today did runs and got the ball up

bamba- 9.5- excellent debut first touch he had he scored solid at the back great at heading perfect cb

hobbs-9- he was everywhere today won nearlly everything at the back

berner -8- played well won the ball most of the time bit slow though

abe- 9- best performance of the season great runs won the ball he showed his pace he was outstanding

king-8.5- played well he played the ball around well lucky with the goal thought hart's mistake

wellens- 10 MOM absolutley magnifecent today ran the show he won the ball great runs

gallagher-9- great crosses and passes 2 assists played really well

dyer-9- great shift today he took the players on and skinned them

vassel-9- played really well chased them down forced mistakes out them and unlucky not to score

subs:

waghorn-6

howard-4

neilson- n/a

TEAM PERFORMANCE: 9.5 great team performance

Weale 8.5 - Think he had a good game, couldn't do much about the goals and pulled off some quality saves e.g. De Jong.

Naughton 8 - Defensivly wasn't brilliant but did very well going forward and supporting play.

Hobbs 8 - Looked strong in defence, coped will with certain pressures, should have could have scored that header.

Bamba 8.5 - Looked decent in defence and amazing threat from corners, 1st touch for Lcfc. Could end up being a steal for 250k.

Berner 7 - Struggled to cope with the pace a bit, and a few poor crosses but he did aswell as he could with his pace.

Abe 8.5 - So quick on closing down their players, worked his arse off all match, unlucky not to have a goal.

Wellens 9.5 - Amazing, work rate was tremendous, closed players down created opportunity. Quality.

King 7.5 - Pretty quite game apart from the goal.

Gallagher 8 - Top game from Gally, decent set pieces bar a few. got back and helped out and really worked their back line.

Vassell 8 - Made some top runs and pressured their defence alot.

Dyer 7.5 - Not a great game, a few decent runs down the wing but the end ball was poor.

I don't normally give higher than 8 but that's about right IMO.

Berner 8 - What a hero.

all of em....10 -dont forget who we were playing.... Tevez's weekly wage far more than our first team combined....

Weale 7.5 - Little chance with the first goal, not sure about the second. Cracking save from de Jong at the death. <<< agree

Naughton 7 - Solid performance, up & down the wing the whole game

Hobbs 8 - Solid in defence, missed a sitter though

Bamba 9 - Amazing 6 shots on goal, 5 on target, seemed accomplished at the back read the game & drop of the ball well & wasn't short on pace

Berner 9 - What a hero. Just brilliant, hope we can hold on to him

Abe 9 - Never let ManCity settle, brilliant shot from 20-30 yards shows he should do that more often and maybe take a free kick or two

Wellens 11 - Bossed everything, had Viera & De Jong in his pocket. the Leicester performance of the season

King 7 - Didn't realise he was on the pitch until he scored, then went missing straight after, could have been a 3 or 4 without the goal

Gallagher 8 - Best performance in a City shirt, set-pieces were great

Vassell 7 - Worked hard against quality opposition, the ball didn't quite run for him though

Dyer 7 - Ran through a few times, but didn't sparkle

Someone needs a -5 for not rushing out for their corner in the 44th minute, leaving one on two was disgraceful schoolboy stuff

The performance by the team was a different class, although Man City were always a threat through their quality we deserved to win :scarf:

can someone please please please, photoshop the bold. that would make a cracking picture!! :giggle:

Weale 8 - Distribution generally good. Critical save to deny De Jong.

Naughton 7.5 - Got caught in possession a couple of times but bombed up and down all day.

Bamba 8.5 - Welcome to our new striker! 1 mistake for Milner's goal but otherwise looked good at both ends. Like the fact he looks to play from defence.

Hobbs 7.5 - Solid (especially second half) although distribution was slightly below par. Should have scored

Berner 8 - Looks fit seems to have regained the legs which we thought meant his Leicester career was over. Should be given a run now.

Abe 8.5 - Fantastic first half, slightly less impact 2nd period but did all the things he does so well to a high standard.

Wellens 9 - Best player on show. 2nd half performance amongst the best I've seen from an LCFC player this season

King 7 - Got into good positions as always, but not so involved in general play. Can't begrudge a guy who will get us 15+ goals from midfield though.

Gallagher 7 - Wimped out of challenges as per normal, but dleivery from set plays was generally exemplary

Vassell 7.5 - Tireless job and did it well. His hold up play is much better than I expected and ran the channels well to stretch the City defence

Dyer 7 - Looked a threat but faded from the game second half.

Agree with these.

Wellens had a cracking game today, as did Abe who did a lot of qork defensivel and produced one good long range shot in the first half.

Wellens just ahead of Bamba for Man of the match.

Weale 7.5 - Kept us in it. Little he could do for the goals but he needs to talk more.

Naughton 8 - Fantastic runs again.

Hobbs 8 - Solid. Back to his best (apart from when he ran across his own area instead of clearing) He's here, he's there...

Bamba 8.5 - Reads the game so well. Dominant in the air. Communicates well. Great first game.

Berner 8 - Lacks pace but makes up with his intelligence and reading of the game.

Abe 8 - At fault for the first goal but otherwise pretty decent. Unlucky not to score.

Wellens 9.5 - He has to get player of the season. Another fantastic performance. So skillfull and his passing, touch and driving his quality.

King 7 -Average again. Always going to be a Championship midfielder in his career. Scored yes, but doesn't put a foot in and goes missing.

Gallagher 7.5 - Crossing is good. Other than that, abit lazy again.

Vassell 8.5 - Worked very hard and yet again made intelligent runs. Needs a partner though...

Dyer 7 - Another average performer. Doesn't seem to be in the game. Some good runs at times though.

Only 7 of those 11 would make a Premiership side; Naughton, Hobbs, Bamba, Berner, Wellens and Vassell.

Archived