Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

QPR Ratings

Guest ttfn

Ricardo 7.5 - Much, much better. Good first half save and top drawer distribution.

Naughton 6 - Not his best game - tried to get forward but stifled by Routledge's threat on the left. Ultimately the pair of them cancelled each other out.

Bamba 7.5 - Cool, calm and collected on the ball. Miller got the better of him for the goal.

Bruma 8 - Excellent.

Mee 8 - As above.

Abe 7 - Usual Yuki. Zero goal threat but energetic and tidy.

Wellens 6 - Not his best.

King 7 - More involved than in other recent games and hit the bar. Still not grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck.

Oakley 6.5 - Meh. Being outpaced by a man with grey hair at the end was a low point.

Vassell 7 - Thought he was pretty useful. Made a few good runs and looked much more comfortable up front than on the wing.

Yakubu 7 - Some great touches and a couple of wonderful efforts on goal. Too ponderous in possession though.

subs:

Waghorn 7 - Classic Waghorn. Worked his socks off but ultimately let down by a combination of a lack of composure and poor technique. But at least he was getting into the right positions.

Gallagher n/a - Why was he brought on? And where was he supposed to be playing?

Dyer n/a - No time to make an impact and wasn't even playing particularly wide when he did come on.

Ricardo - 6.5 - Made some very good saves. But I don't know what was so special about his distribution. At times I think he's gonna give me a heart-attack especially in the first few seconds where he took on their striker.

Naughton 7 - Solid game up and down the wings.

Bamba - 7 - Not sure how far he was from Miller when he struck for his goal, so won't comment on that. His game overall though was commanding and solid as usual.

Bruma - 8 - First half I thought he didn't win enough headers against their strikers. Second-half though was a big improvement. Opened up more and looked more up for it; topped with a surging run which would have been perfect had there been someone on the end of it to knock it in!

Mee - 7.5 - Despite the first 5 or 10 minutes, where he looked shaky, I think he had a very good game. Thought he could have crossed the ball a bit more but maybe that was due to uncomfortability in doing so or not enough options, but that's not his fault. Didn't give Routledge much room to work with and handled him quite well I think.

Oakley - 7- Don't know why he gets so much criticism. Thought he had a good game to be fair. Did what was needed and didn't put a foot wrong.

Abe - 7/7.5- Probably the best of our midfield 4. Kept Taarabt at bay (along with Bruma) and again didn't put a foot wrong all game.

Wellens - 7 - I thought he could have had a bit more of an impact on the game, but he did okay.

King - 7 - Slightly more of an impact going forward, looked for the killer ball but neither striker was willing to read his game. Unlucky with his header which I think would have hit the bar anyway had Kenny not got a hand to it.

Yak - 6 - Had a couple of chances in the first-half, one of which was pure inspiration and brought a fantastic save from Kenny. Other than that I just saw him wander around and watch the game pass him by instead of getting involved.

Vassell - 5.5 - Similar to Yak; didn't get involved in the match at all and can't remember him doing much of not. Maybe in need of a rest on Tuesday?

Subs:

Dyer/Gally - N/A - If Dyer was to have an impact, he should have been brought on at least 10 minutes earlier.

Waghorn - 6.5 - Should have buried that chance. Not sure why he went for the side-footed chip but if that was me my laces would have been put well and truly through that ball. Also had a second chance with more time but don't think he realised. He had enough time to bring it back on to his left and do a bit better I feel.

Ricardo 7.25 (His best game for us by far. Two decent saves even though one was unnecessary because of offside. Sound distribution).

Naughton 6.5 .(Did okay against a testing opponent but too hesitant going forward).

Bamba 7 (Much to commend in his typically wholehearted display but, not for the first time, he could be criticised for what was the decisive goal).

Bruma 8 (Impressive - almost commanding).

Mee 8.25 (MoM. Showed his attitude to the job with his fearsome first half tackle by the touchline. I thought he might prove our best left-back and today's form suggests he's way ahead of anyone else we've got).

Abe 6.5 (Joe Average. Worked tirelessly but lacks the threat we also need from that position).

Wellens 6 (Ordinary game and, yet again, shirked responsibility at the edge of the box by simply refusing to shoot).

King 7 (Good header well saved, Vassall could have had a gift goal if he'd anticipated what was a perfect pass and generally tried to think out an opening).

Oakley 6.5 (Played his part but just doesn't add anything to basic competence. No goal threat whatsoever and no suggestion that he might have made one)

Vassell 6 (Back in his best position but needs to work much more closely with King. No goals again and we just can't afford an attacker who doesn't score )

Yakubu 6.75 (Might have scored with two good efforts but today's added workload told in the end).

subs:

Waghorn 7 (What's to say. Brilliant in creating two great chances from next-to-nothing. A gentle tap would have seen the first home but he lacked the touch and his second effort was just a typically thoughtless attempt to break the net which ended where so many others have ended. Waghorn has talent. He could easily be a favourite here for his wonderful commitment. But someone must persuade him that good strikers need to be ruthless.

Gallagher 0 (Pointless substitution. He clearly failed to find his touch or to adjust to the pace of the game before we went a goal down. The mark is more for his managr than for him)

Dyer n/a (Again, there was no point making the change. It was a totally pointless way of disturbing the team).

Sven: 4 (I didn't necessarily disagree with his approach to the game - it had a reasonable chance of success - but he wasted all the players' efforts by disrupting a well functioning team. Yes, he perhaps tried to pinch a victory but with so little time available the risks were always likely to be greater than the chances of reward. He should have known better. One change involving Waghorn I'd have accepted. But two more with the team playing so well was asking for trouble and was never likely to reap any rewards with so little time left.)

Ricardo 6.5 - Better. Flapped at a couple of crosses. Couple of decent saves. Couldn't be blamed for the goal.

Naughton 6.5 - Forced into a more defensive role. Did well - perhaps caught out of position for the goal

Bamba 6.5 - Not his best-ever performance, but looked solid and reliable...until the goal.

Bruma 8 - Immense performance. Marked Taarabt out of the game. Won the 50-50s.

Mee 7 - Settled the left-back argument - a composed and mature performance. Got forward more than Naughton.

Oakley 7 - Good game. Unfairly criticised by some fans, but gets stuck in and does his job well.

Abe 7 - One of his better days. Solid, read the game well. Got forward when he could. If only he'd shoot occasionally.

Wellens 6 - Not his best performance. QPR concentrated on knocking him off his game and - to an extent - succeeded.

King 6.5 - Good second half. Looked like he'd made the breakthrough until Kenny pulled off that amazing save from his header

Vassell 5 - He just doesn't do it for me - or the team.

Yakubu 6.5 - Could have scored with the lob in the first half. Exudes confidence and ability. Faded a bit as the game wore on.

Subs:

Waghorn 6.5 - Great energy. Looked dangerous. Just lacked the composure to take the chances he made for himself.

Gallagher and Dyer - not on long enough to make an impact.

Ricardo 7.5 - couple of early corners looked a bit flappy but otherwise a good display. missed the goal so cant coment on that

Naughton 7.5 - as pointed out him and routledge cancelled each other out today, but he kept him out so did his job well

Bamba 7.5 - seemed to cope with evertything again, havent seen the goal yet so not sure on that one

Bruma 8 - great solid game. made great run.

Mee 8 .5 motm for me.

Abe 7 - noticed he slotted in back 4 few times on cover, got about the pitch as usual. good display.

Wellens 6 - tried as usual to do his stuff but didnt seem on top of his game. maybe we got spoilt by his good run we expect more from him all the time now..

King 7 - seemed more involved again in the middle and had some chances to score. dont no why he was subbed

Oakley 5 not sure if you look at a player with negative views you only notce the bad in them or what but did nothing for me. when wanted him to back someone up he seemed to be no where when he was he got in the way.

vassell 7 did his twists n turns maybe sometimes too much, got around a bit. was good too see him back up front but as much as i think hes ok i would like to see wgahorn up front as a partner to yak to start

Yakubu 7 couple good volleys, seemed to run a bit more today. few times though he ended out wide and no one in box .

Ricardo - 7 - good game - can see how people can blame him for the loss today

Naughton - 6 - cancelled out by routledge

Bruma - 8.5 good display from him

Bamba - 5 at fault for the goal and made me nervous today

Mee - 9 very good game

Abe - 7 - standard

Oakley - 7 better than usual today

King - 7 more involved today

Wellans - 6 off today

Yak - 8 - worked hard, chasing the ball more, getting out wide making width and unlucky not to score

Vas - 7 did well working together with yak

Waggy: 7 should have score

N/a to other subs

Sven:6 thought formation was very gd but put on Gallagher and dyer when not needed, we were playing well until then. Also chasing the win too much we ended up short handed at the back

Overall I think the game was very hard to win, qpr are very disiplined side and was hard to break down, had some very good chances that we should have scored from

Ricardo 7 - Good game and made some good saves.

Naughton 7 - Got forward well.

Bruma 7.5 - Best defender we have. Man of the match.

Bamba 6 - Always makes me nervous. Not good enough maybe.

Mee 7 - Stood in well at left back.

Abe 6 - Covers well but his first touch is horrible.

Oakley 4 - Not sure what he offers.

King 4 - Overrated. To quiet.

Wellens 7 - Probably the pick of the midfield.

Yakubu 7 - Touch and goal threat was excellent.

Vassell 6.5 - Played well again, hate it when Sven takes him off all the time.

Ricardo 7 - Good game and made some good saves.

Naughton 7 - Got forward well.

Bruma 7.5 - Best defender we have. Man of the match.

Bamba 6 - Always makes me nervous. Not good enough maybe.

Mee 7 - Stood in well at left back.

Abe 6 - Covers well but his first touch is horrible.

Oakley 4 - Not sure what he offers.

King 4 - Overrated. To quiet.

Wellens 7 - Probably the pick of the midfield.

Yakubu 7 - Touch and goal threat was excellent.

Vassell 6.5 - Played well again, hate it when Sven takes him off all the time.

Did you go to the game?

Naughton didn't get forward well at all because him and routledge cancelled each other out

Saying bamba is not good enough is one of the stupidest things I've heard

Bruma is not our best defender it's either Mee or Bamba, though I do rate Bruma highly I don't he's as good as Mee or Bamba

King is not overrated. Scoring 14 goals and having a decent amount of assists is like striking gold. So what if he doesn't control the game he has scored more goals than all our strikers combined

Seriously have a think before you talk absolute shite

Fox92 has uttered pure bullcrap there.

Vassell had a poor game. Don't know how you think he played well. King and Oakley offer nothing? Have a word.

Are you basing 'Bamba not good enough' on the goal, which was a slight lack of concentration between him and Bruma anyway for a split second?

Bamba had a good solid game and kept Helguson out of the match.

Did you go to the game?

Naughton didn't get forward well at all because him and routledge cancelled each other out

Bruma is not our best defender it's either Mee or Bamba, though I do rate Bruma highly I don't he's as good as Mee or Bamba

King is not overrated. Scoring 14 goals and having a decent amount of assists is like striking gold. So what if he doesn't control the game he has scored more goals than all our strikers combined

its his opinion and hes entitled to it.. dont mean hes talkiing shite..

i actually think he could be on to something with bruma, he could be our best defender. he seems to have a sensible head and a good read of the game with quality also...

and same with bamba, he can make you nervous and one day i can see him being caught out and costing us..

Ricardo: 7- Did nothing wrong, decent saves and distribution was good.

Naughton: 6.5- Defended pretty well but gave away ball which eventually went to Ishmael Miller's goal.

Bruma: 7.5- Impressed with his energy and aerial ability.

Bamba: 7- Solid

Mee: 7.5- What a challenge :wub:

Abe: 7.5- Great energy and pretty composed on the ball

Oakley: 6- Didn't really notice him much.

Wellens: 6.5- Not at his best.

King: 6.5- See above

Yakubu: 6.5- Threatened at times, looked sluggish after an hour.

Vassell: 6.5- Meh

Waghorn: 7- Looked very threatening, at the ground I thought he should have buried but on replay I saw that the QPR defender would have blocked any shot which went lower.

Gallagher: N/A

Dyer: N/A

Just back home at Sweden from the game.

I think Mee was awesome even if he did a couple of mistakes, I sat just on the front seat and you could hear him communicate a lot and he also wanted to have the ball to mobe forward. Apart from that I would say Bamba was the best players. I'm a bit fed up with the fact that we have so few players who can get a goal from nothing. The only really good finisher we have apart from King is the Yak and he is slow and need to be fed perfectly.

Anyway it was good to see Leicester live for the firsta time even though it was hugely dissapointing when QPR scored.

I have to add the fans ratings:

QPR - Leciester 0 - 5 I think the support was massive and you heard the foxes fans loudly during the whole game, at least 85 minutes

I have to add the fans ratings:

QPR - Leciester 0 - 5 I think the support was massive and you heard the foxes fans loudly during the whole game, at least 85 minutes

And we continued to sing after they scored. The obvious chant being 'only sing when you're winning'.

But I thought it was a fantastic effort from our fans and I was glad to be part of it.

Ricardo 7.5 - Much, much better. Good first half save and top drawer distribution.

Naughton 6 - Not his best game - tried to get forward but stifled by Routledge's threat on the left. Ultimately the pair of them cancelled each other out.

Bamba 7.5 - Cool, calm and collected on the ball. Miller got the better of him for the goal.

Bruma 8 - Excellent.

Mee 8 - As above.

Abe 7 - Usual Yuki. Zero goal threat but energetic and tidy.

Wellens 6 - Not his best.

King 7 - More involved than in other recent games and hit the bar. Still not grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck.

Oakley 6.5 - Meh. Being outpaced by a man with grey hair at the end was a low point.

Vassell 7 - Thought he was pretty useful. Made a few good runs and looked much more comfortable up front than on the wing.

Yakubu 7 - Some great touches and a couple of wonderful efforts on goal. Too ponderous in possession though.

subs:

Waghorn 7 - Classic Waghorn. Worked his socks off but ultimately let down by a combination of a lack of composure and poor technique. But at least he was getting into the right positions.

Gallagher n/a - Why was he brought on? And where was he supposed to be playing?

Dyer n/a - No time to make an impact and wasn't even playing particularly wide when he did come on.

I am very new to foxes talk and these player ratings our very good. And i agree Bruma was a stand out Its a shame we did not get a point but foxes never quit! :cool:

I think Bruma was our third best player after Mee and Bamba but I didn't see hom win many balls in the air. I think he lost a lot of them while he's fantastic when he use his feet.

Did you go to the game?

Yes I did attend the match.

I didn't think Naughton was that bad. Routledge did cause problems for him, but I thought he did get forward at times (perhaps not as much as often because of Routledge).

Bamba isn't that good. He's not as good in the air as what people think, in fact, have any of his goals for the club been headers? (Just a question) I think, when everyone is fit, the partneship should be Mee -- Bruma.

I don't see what all the fuss is about King. Yes he's scored 14 goals, so he is always in the correct position when the ball drops which is good, but he doesn't get involved enough (tackling etc). He plays the simple way where as Wellens will expand. He also lacks pace (obviously not his fault he wasn't born with it) and always looks tired for a 21 year old footballer.

You said: "So what if he doesn't control the game". Isn't that what good midfielders are supposed to do?

And its my opinion, you can call it 'shite' all you want, but different opinion's are why the game is so good!!

Yes I did attend the match.

I didn't think Naughton was that bad. Routledge did cause problems for him, but I thought he did get forward at times (perhaps not as much as often because of Routledge).

Bamba isn't that good. He's not as good in the air as what people think, in fact, have any of his goals for the club been headers? (Just a question) I think, when everyone is fit, the partneship should be Mee -- Bruma.

I don't see what all the fuss is about King. Yes he's scored 14 goals, so he is always in the correct position when the ball drops which is good, but he doesn't get involved enough (tackling etc). He plays the simple way where as Wellens will expand. He also lacks pace (obviously not his fault he wasn't born with it) and always looks tired for a 21 year old footballer.

You said: "So what if he doesn't control the game". Isn't that what good midfielders are supposed to do?

And its my opinion, you can call it 'shite' all you want, but different opinion's are why the game is so good!!

Is this a wind-up?

King isn't the kind of midfielder that Wellens is. Why aren't you getting on Wellens' back about him not getting forward much? I know why. It's because he isn't that kind of midfielder.

A midfielder's job isn't just to put in crunching tackles and stop their midfield from playing. King's job is to be the more open and attacking of the midfielders. I don't get why that's so hard to understand for you just because he's not the midfielder you want him to be.

You say always looks tired for a 21 year-old? Are you serious? If anything, that shows the amount of hard work he puts in and the amount of running he does. The fact that he's been a virtual ever-present (only missing out because of Internationals, mainly) means that he can cope with 'looking tired' and goes to show how much stamina he has to do it week-in, week-out.

Archived