Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

North Korean striker Jong/Chong Tae-Se

Leicester City submit offer for North Korean striker Chong Tae-Se

Sven-Goran Eriksson's English Championship club Leicester City have reportedly made an offer for North Korean international striker Jong Tae-Se, according to Nikkan Sports.

Japan-born Jong, 27, is currently on the books of German 2.Bundesliga outfit VfL Bochum who fell narrowly short of promotion during the 2010-11 season.

According to Nikkan Sports, the Foxes have submitted an offer of approximately €750,000 to Bochum for Jong's services and are awaiting the German club's response.

Former Kawasaki Frontale striker Jong, who trialled with Blackburn Rovers in early 2010, scored 10 goals for Bochum during the 2010-11 campaign.

Eriksson is familiar with Jong after he coached Cote d'Ivoire against North Korea at the 2010 Fifa World Cup.

Eriksson is familiar with Jong after he coached Cote d'Ivoire against North Korea at the 2010 Fifa World Cup.

The Foxes, who have Thai owners, currently have another Japanese-born player on their books in Samurai Blue midfielder Yuki Abe.

Jong is currently back in Japan having undergone surgery on his right knee earlier this week.

Source - Goal.com

I was literally coming on this morning to add this topic!

My mate went over to work in Korea last year and yesterday when he got to work the kids were all waiting outside to tell him that were in for this guy, apparently he is a big deal over there and they are all talking about Leicester signing him!

Apparently he is called the Korean Wayne Rooney, worth a shot I suppose we will have to wait and see!!

Sign him up for the novelty factor of having an unknown Korean playing for us.

I wonder if our games would get shown live in to North Korea :D

I wouldn't call him unknown!! Got huge press worldwde during the world cup. His transfer was also realitively big news.

Off memory he was very quick for a big lad. Thought he looked half decent at the WC. One more year left on his contract.

I think Bochum had to pay a decent price for him.

Yep, pretty decent player really. One of only two of the North Korean squad to play outside his own country and the only one playing in Europe.

He looked quite a 'busy' player at the World Cup without looking like a headless chicken.

i like the sound of this! if i remember correctly i was quite impressed with him in the world cup, seemed to hold the ball up well and like someone else has said, he seemed to work hard and looking at his scoring record, it's pretty good. wouldn't be a bad signing for the money mentioned in that article.

Sign him up for the novelty factor of having an unknown Korean playing for us.

I wonder if our games would get shown live in to North Korea :D

They will, but its 10 years down the the salt mine for watching.

Guest ttfn

Thought he looked good at the World Cup, and was sort of disappointed we didn't go in for him this time last year.

The German lad at my work is a Bochum fan; I'll get the low-down from him.

Archived