Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Has Foxestalk lost its magic?

There can be no doubting that FoxesTalk is going through a rough patch. :( There has been any amount of rubbish posted in General Chat recently and that is just the more serious debate. :smile: There has also been a rash of poorly thought out posts each slightly less interesting than the last.

However all is not lost. The Graphics Competition has been a Summer highlight as well as an invigorated Prediction League. ;):thumbup: It is the close season and I am sure this mid-Summer madness will be shaken off come 12.45 pm on the 6th of August. :):D:D:thumbup:;)

P.S. I am sure having the thumb up as a clickable smilie would lift the spirits of this forum no end. :thumbup:;)

Well something must be right as we continue to pick up new posters, it's getting harder to spot a familiar face or is that because people keep changing names ;)

Well we all know that forums go up and down just like City :o

You gotta remember as more and more people join then you are going to get a spread of posts which others will find boring or worthless, the great thing is you dont have to open them!

I find this place somewhere enjoyable and reminds me of what we had on our equivelent of this forum (set up for people pissed off with O.S and Rivals boards) twice inbetween seasons the place hasn't been as good (tho I havn't really noticed it on here). But give it a couple weeks after ya lost at the walkers to Ipswich ;) and all will return to nomal. Dont let a few individuals ruin it for the majority. Our board has been pretty nasty over this weekend people boycotting the board in favour for another messageboard they have set up themselves.

I think the general chat forum has gone downhill because a ) freund has gone (I know a lot of people may disagree with this but hey I don't care it is definitely worse without him) and b ) we are getting too many threads/posts about what people did for breakfast/what they're going to call their next pet goldfish etc etc which don't make for particularly interesting reading to the vast majority.

The Leicester City forum will undoubtedly pick up once the season starts.

I also suspect this influx of new members is something to do with the school holidays and hopefully the poor posters will soon get bored and leave and the quality posters will stay and add to the forum even when they are back at school.

I think the general chat forum has gone downhill because a ) freund has gone (I know a lot of people may disagree with this but hey I don't care it is definitely worse without him) and b ) we are getting too many threads/posts about what people did for breakfast/what they're going to call their next pet goldfish etc etc which don't make for particularly interesting reading to the vast majority.

The Leicester City forum will undoubtedly pick up once the season starts.

I also suspect this influx of new members is something to do with the school holidays and hopefully the poor posters will soon get bored and leave and the quality posters will stay and add to the forum even when they are back at school.

147342[/snapback]

Well it's all about opinion but I found Freund's posts repetitive and irritating, they were all right to start with but I'm afraid he was a one trick pony. It's not as if he posted anything worthwhile and half way intelligent now and again.

im starting to think that it has got worse since i have joined. :unsure: People seemed a bit pissed off about the fact i have got loads of posts quick and have 2 Hitesh threads.

But i hope its just down to the fact that there is no football and people need something to chat about.

im starting to think that it has got worse since i have joined.  :unsure:  People seemed a bit pissed off about the fact i have got loads of posts quick and have 2 Hitesh threads.

But i hope its just down to the fact that there is no football and people need something to chat about.

147387[/snapback]

i think that is the case

I seem to remember the same thread taking place on the other board at this time of year, its bound to go down with not that much to talk about, I mean lets face it by our standards the summer has hardly been that eventful, which is probably a good thing.

but i think a lot of it has things to do with people moaning about posts..

..yes ok people say what u have for brekkie and random shit like that, if u dont like it dont read it, make a random thread urself woowooo!!

Also theres things like the graphics competition and someone talking about his progress on football manager.. i dont really like it but i dont moan about it i just dont read it.

yes i put on threads about fosse city and guess the foxestalk member to a picture like..

pl_ryand.jpg

.. but at the end of the day its a bit of fun and i feel people moaning about it rather than joining in on the fun has or is causing a divide within foxestalk hence foxestalk losing its magic. :mellow:

Well it's all about opinion but I found Freund's posts repetitive and irritating, they were all right to start with but I'm afraid he was a one trick pony. It's not as if he posted anything worthwhile and half way intelligent now and again.

147374[/snapback]

Completely agree :thumbup:

here's benji coming to add another moan post to foxestalk lol

i think one thing is the congratualtions/birthday threads

mr chainsaw made a thread a while back about not doing it or only for big milstones however there's one everyday pretty much

Birthdays yes i understand is something to celebrate but you guys do have pm's/e-mails/mobile phones at hand don't you, and if the person is a close friend off the boards you will go see them in the pub or somewhere that night. Congratualting post counts though, jees, let's be fair, i fail to see the achievement of clicking the 'add post' button 1000 times when you've typed one word in there half of the time. There is a lot more in life you can do to earn merit.

EDIT: and yes, i miss freunds humour

birthday/congratulation threads don't bother me. Better than the ones where a ridiculous statement or suggestion has been made. At least the former are friendly. Whether foxtalk has lost its magic I wouldnt know. dont use it that much. its just another message board to me. I normally use the other one and at busy times it can take me a few hours to catch up when I return from work. only came on here because of the slack period. Also I'm a bit more selective on here. I only open threads that may seem interesting to me. :blink::blink:

birthday/congratulation threads don't bother me. Better than the ones where a ridiculous statement or suggestion has been made. At least the former are friendly. Whether foxtalk has lost its magic I wouldnt know. dont use it that much. its just another message board to me. I normally use the other one and at busy times it can take me a few hours to catch up when I return from work. only came on here because of the slack period. Also I'm a bit more selective on here. I only open threads that may seem interesting to me. :blink:  :blink:

147603[/snapback]

bet you don't open many on general chat then lol

Archived