Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
casabian

O'Grady

Do you think CL will look for another striker or give the like of Chris O'Grady and Tommy Wright a chance to get in to the first team , i think both of theses strikers are good enough and why waste money when he has able players as his disposal.

Do you think CL will look for another striker or give the like of Chris O'Grady and Tommy Wright a chance to get in to the first team , i think both of theses strikers are good enough and why waste money when he has able players as his disposal.

147278[/snapback]

I dont think he will play TW in the first team, he is on the transfer list, CL does not believe he quite has what it takes. As to O'Grady I think he's still undecided on him, he may get some sub appearances, personally I dont think he's quite ready yet and would like to see CL bring in another striker (I dont believe this would be a waste of money).

He kinda knows what he wants and isnt afraid to clear the dead wood out or be honest with youngsters, its better telling TW that he feels he wont make the grade at City then letting him rot in the reserves with false hope. I expect some 1st/2nd div team may make an offer for TW soon, maybe on loan but as far as I know CL doesnt want to loan him.

From what i've seen of both so far i'm unimpressed and feel we do need another striker definetly and Levein knows this, you see what happens when we lose someone like Connolly the options look awful up front.

147278[/snapback]

He is looking for another striker, have you been living under a rock for the last three months?? He has been quoted a hundred times saying he's after one.

Plus O'Grady and Wright aren't good enough.

I don't believe that either Wright or O'Grady are good enough, and I can't see them being good enough at this level now and in the future. Both seem to be too lightweight and just simply do not have the ability to make an impact.

He is looking for another striker, have you been living under a rock for the last three months?? He has been quoted a hundred times saying he's after one.

Plus O'Grady and Wright aren't good enough.

147297[/snapback]

Well im avaliable on a free ;)lol

I dont think he will play TW in the first team, he is on the transfer list, CL does not believe he quite has what it takes. As to O'Grady I think he's still undecided on him, he may get some sub appearances, personally I dont think he's quite ready yet and would like to see CL bring in another striker (I dont believe this would be a waste of money).

He kinda knows what he wants and isnt afraid to clear the dead wood out or be honest with youngsters, its better telling TW that he feels he wont make the grade at City then letting him rot in the reserves with false hope. I expect some 1st/2nd div team may make an offer for TW soon, maybe on loan but as far as I know CL doesnt want to loan him.

147285[/snapback]

Tommy Wright has had stacks of chances and taken none of them.

O'Grady seems a bit more promising but he too needs to make the most of what opportunities arise.

Both are not up to it.It is an extremely hard profession,and after sitting at games watching all 1st team games over the last 5 or so years both did not take steps to introduce those things that were needed in their games to progress.Watch and learn from those that have succeeded.Sometimes thinking they've made it before they actually do is too big a hurdle to overcome.

I think that its a good idea to have the youth players coming through and to be given a chance. However, he needs to give them time to settle in. If he wasnt results straight away then he will need to buy another striker who can get goals week in week out. However, if he feels that the goals will come from Dubber, MDV and DC then he might as well use O'Grady and TW just to give then experience. If they are good enough and want to be in the first team, they will take the oppourtunity and perform. its up to them at the end of the day to prove themselves and show CL that he doesnt need to buy another striker.

IMO, i dont think that CL has any more money to spend on another player. I also think that it might be too late to bring one in and therefore, you have todo the best with what you have and therfore you cant gain anything if you let them go on a free transfer.

james graham needs a chance methinks

tell you what some of the youngsters coming through are amazing :o

147403[/snapback]

This is fantastic news but a couple of seasons back we had Jon Stevenson, Jon Ashton, Tommy Wright, Matt Heath, Matt Piper etc - all fantastic prospects but where are they now? Playing for lower league clubs (or injured at Premiership clubs) or worse still at Coventry!

CL needs to nurture these up and coming lads which previous managers at the club have been guilty of not doing, I want to see home grown talent and lads coming through the ranks because thats what its all about. Its been great to see Weso, Stearman and O'Grady taking their first steps out into the first team, but we want more! :)

This is fantastic news but a couple of seasons back we had Jon Stevenson, Jon Ashton, Tommy Wright, Matt Heath, Matt Piper etc - all fantastic prospects but where are they now? Playing for lower league clubs (or injured at Premiership clubs) or worse still at Coventry!

CL needs to nurture these up and coming lads which previous managers at the club have been guilty of not doing, I want to see home grown talent and lads coming through the ranks because thats what its all about. Its been great to see Weso, Stearman and O'Grady taking their first steps out into the first team, but we want more!  :)

147509[/snapback]

I think that CL will be the right man to do this. He seems to have patience and has realised that youth is the best way with limited funds! So he needs to give them a try in order to move the club forward. This is somehting that MON did well.

I think that CL will be the right man to do this. He seems to have patience and has realised that youth is the best way with limited funds! So he needs to give them a try in order to move the club forward. This is somehting that MON did well.

147553[/snapback]

really? apart from heskey (who mcghee started to bring through) which youth teamers really shone after MO's brought them through? mcmahon was lightweight, as was campbell. oakes was too lazy and is currently taking the piss in division 4.

really? apart from heskey (who mcghee started to bring through) which youth teamers really shone after MO's brought them through? mcmahon was lightweight, as was campbell. oakes was too lazy and is currently taking the piss in division 4.

147567[/snapback]

Not a great deal come to think about it but what i am trying to say is that he gave players time and was a very patient manager. He brought in players who were fairly young like Savage and lennon and although they didnt start that well, look at them now. Savage started off as a right winger but O'neil found his strength in the middle. Look at players like Pontus Kammark, Guppy, Izzet and savage and lennon. They were all unknown but he gave them both time to prove themselves and they were all quite young when they came to Leicester without much experience.

Not a great deal come to think about it but what i am trying to say is that he gave players time and was a very patient manager. He brought in players who were fairly young like Savage and lennon and although they didnt start that well, look at them now. Savage started off as a right winger but O'neil found his strength in the middle. Look at players like Pontus Kammark, Guppy, Izzet and savage and lennon. They were all unknown but he gave them both time to prove themselves and they were all quite young when they came to Leicester without much experience.

147570[/snapback]

a mcghee purchase :ph34r:

but yeah i agree with what you are saying.

as for whacking kids in the first team i won't work, unless they are built like heskey (or rooney), like a chap down the pub said (andy caddick? i'm not sure) you'll get the big old pro going in and clattering the new kid and more often than not the kid will get injured (weso, stearman) so a couple of years in the gym and in the stiffs are required from what i've seen of the kids coming through at the mo

a mcghee purchase  :ph34r:

as for whacking kids in the first team i won't work, unless they are built like heskey (or rooney), like a chap down the pub said (andy caddick? i'm not sure) you'll get the big old pro going in and clattering the new kid and more often than not the kid will get injured (weso, stearman) so a couple of years in the gym and in the stiffs are required from what i've seen of the kids coming through at the mo

147582[/snapback]

My bad!

CL needs to ease the kids in. Play them when the team isnt under much pressure. And whilst they get a bit more built and spend time in the gyms etc, play them more regulaly if they are up to the challenge.

But overall, they need to be brought in slowly and there needs to be constant development on all aspects of their game from phsyical to the technical.

Like who and what position?

147528[/snapback]

well uve seen Richard Stearman, Alan Sheehan and James Wesolowski, and theres more like Levi Porter (could be our shaun wright phillips hes only 5 foot bless him), Louis Dodds, James Graham etc.

a mcghee purchase  :ph34r:

147582[/snapback]

The tackle, or more correctly miss-timed collision would have broken anyones leg, not because Weso is 17.

The tackle, or more correctly miss-timed collision would have broken anyones leg, not because Weso is 17.

147633[/snapback]

i think what stez is trying to say is that at a yuounger age kids (well 17 year olds) are more likely to get injured from above normal challanges because they havnt got the strength yet that they need after being fully grown :mellow:

i think what stez is trying to say is that at a yuounger age kids (well 17 year olds) are more likely to get injured from above normal challanges because they havnt got the strength yet that they need after being fully grown  :mellow:

147635[/snapback]

Did you ever see George Best or even Trevor Francis as kids. Mostly, if they're good enough, they find ways of surviving. As for Wes I'm still waiting to hear of the FA's action on that - and I've heard damn all up to now.

Archived