Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

Positives to take from todays game

To be honest out performance in the second half is a positive to take from the game! We just to need to convert chances to goals! I think that this will be the main problem all season.

Williams for me was my man of the match from what i heard/saw. And we seemed to create chances so that was good! Just hope De Vries can convert chances!

I want to stress though, that we as supporters shouldnt get our heads down. We need to look to the Stoke game now taking the positives out of today! I was disappointed when we the players gave up after the second penalty. It shouldnt be the case, we should of fought the game till the last minute, even for the sake of goal difference. Who knows, but the end of the season we might lose out to a goal etc!

But its only the first game and we played soo much better than then in the second half so we know that we have the ability. We just need to convert chances! Come on Leicester!!!

Williams looked good and ran the game for a while when we were on top.

Maybury was good yet again.

Connelly looked sharp.

De Vries played well (but lacked the final product)

151104[/snapback]

We need Williams to run the game when we're not on top

I thought Maybury was piss poor today

Connolly was'nt in the game enough, probably not his fault

DeVries is not sharp enough in front of goal, seems like he always wants to take it one step too far.

Ooops positives, we didn't lose 5-1

We need Williams to run the game when we're not on top

I thought Maybury was piss poor today

Connolly was'nt in the game enough, probably not his fault

DeVries is not sharp enough in front of goal, seems like he always wants to take it one step too far.

Ooops positives, we didn't lose 5-1

151116[/snapback]

I really hope so, because apart from Gudjonsson, De Vries and Douglas I thought we played very well, I have no concerns for the season as with this team,

Douglas/Henderson

Maybury McCarthy Johansson Gilbert

Sylla Williams Hughes Tiatto

Connolly Dublin/De Vries/Hammond

We will be fine, bring on Stoke and lets forget this shit, The ref was a **** and did not help at all. Johansson was trying to swing his body to stop it hitting his hand, I guarantee if he wouldnt have given that penalty we wouldnt have lost as we were on top but just gave up after the penalty!

no change from last season, NO CLINICAL FINISHERS!, it will be a long hard season without them, no depth either, we are looking at top ten on second half performance alone otherwise its all bollox

Connolly is a clinical finisher, look at hos goal, it was class, we just need someone to support him, De Vries doesn't even do that, look in the first half he could have played him through ono on one but decided 2 shoot himself and focked it right up!

Bottom of the league with a bang!

I didnt expect more than a point away to Sheff Utd but it was a crushing defeat.

There will be those who say we played well at times and deserved more from the game but face facts, you have to perform for 90 minutes. 15 minutes spells here and there are'nt helping anyone.

We'll have to chalk this down to just "one of those days" and surely the only way is up from now on???

Things that i'm worried about...

1) Douglas - had a shocking performance he was at fault for two goals.

2) Both centre backs - They never seemed comfortable to me.

3) Corners - Free man at the back post EVERY time.

4) MDV - Shocking when he was defending set pieces, held the ball up a few times bit could do little else right. Felt lik a dead weight the team was carrying.

Things that i'm positive about...

1) We ran the game for 75mins

2) Connolly looked sharp and is off the mark.

3) Momo looked bright especially in the first half.

4) We didn't hoof the ball and played some nice football at times.

5) The four in midfield ran the show really with Williams and Gudjonsson working quite well together.

I really hope so, because apart from Gudjonsson, De Vries and Douglas I thought we played very well, I have no concerns for the season as with this team,

Douglas/Henderson

Maybury  McCarthy  Johansson  Gilbert

Sylla  Williams  Hughes  Tiatto

Connolly  Dublin/De Vries/Hammond

We will be fine, bring on Stoke and lets forget this shit, The ref was a **** and did not help at all. Johansson was trying to swing his body to stop it hitting his hand, I guarantee if he wouldnt have given that penalty we wouldnt have lost as we were on top but just gave up after the penalty!

151124[/snapback]

What are you on about? Joey did a good solid job in the centre of the park defensively. His covering was superb and he allowed Williams to press forward did you not see it when Joey ran nearly the length of the pitch to halt an attack after we messed up yet another corner? De Vries was excellent he may have missed his chance and spent too long on the ball but he made a much more effective game than Connolly (yes yes I know he scored but apart from that he did little of note)

What are you on about? Joey did a good solid job in the centre of the park defensively. His covering was superb and he allowed Williams to press forward did you not see it when Joey ran nearly the length of the pitch to halt an attack after we messed up yet another corner? De Vries was excellent he may have missed his chance and spent too long on the ball but he made a much more effective game than Connolly (yes yes I know he scored but apart from that he did little of note)

151152[/snapback]

Well I didnt think Joey was good enough, he is average, Hughes is definetly needed along with Williams, regarding De Vries, were you watching the same game? He was good on the ball but didn nothing to setup Connolly and also not a decent shot all match, we need a striker who complimets Connolly not one who tries to shoot himself all the time. Fair enough about Joey he played ok but going forward i would rather not have him in the team.

- Williams played well

- In the first half we played very well and throughout the match our passing was good

- Only de Vries and Douglas played badly

- We scored

- Connolly looked sharp

- Sylla look great but only for the first 20 minutes

De Vries was excellent he may have missed his chance and spent too long on the ball but he made a much more effective game than Connolly (yes yes I know he scored but apart from that he did little of note)

151152[/snapback]

:o

Your entitled to your opinion.... but deep freeze better than connolly??????????? :huh:

:o

Your entitled to your opinion.... but deep freeze better than connolly???????????  :huh:

151171[/snapback]

I didn't say he was better. Connolly scored and De Vries didn't so I'd say Connolly was better but apart from the goal De Vries was very effective in holding up rubbish balls played to him, taking a bit of pressure off the defence and turning it into an attack.

Just a few tips for Craig Levein before he begins the second match.

Get rid of Douglas. He flaps around like a windmill in the box. He's hesitant (as emphasised by the first goal) and you don't get the impression he's is certain to catch any ball into the box.

DeVries remains the enigma. He was pretty good at holding and distributing the ball

but there is no way he's a natural centre-forward. If he had instincts they've gone cos he's too slow to react. He'll make goals but his presence leaves us still short of a natural goalscoring centre forward.

That meant yet again that while we enjoyed plenty of attacking possession we never really looked a potent threat. Connolly is going to need genuine striking support, someone who scores AS WELL AS holding the ball up..

Then there's the question why change Stearman? What was going wrong with the score 1-1 to require changes? Adams used to do this (as if feeling obliged to give all his squad a game) and it was invariably catastrophic.

Changes should be made for reasons, full stop. What reason would you have for changing one full-back who was playing well for another who would need time to get into the pace and pattern of the game.

Tactically we looked desperately vulnerable at the near post and our crowded penalty area (with too many cooks) just caused confusion both for outfield players and for the goalkeeper. Four-one at Sheffield and 5-1 in Norway doesn't suggest the defence has improved. We had plenty of willing competitors but seemed to lack a marshall.

Like I've said loads of times it is far easier to attack and score more goals than the opposition that it is to hold onto a clean sheet and this game proved it yet again.

Sheffield did that. They asked questions and because they went for the game at the death by introducing three forwards they well deserved the result. City made just one (defensive) change which had no point whatever that I could see.

In other words Levein was tactically outmanouvred and the sooner he gets a bit more cute the better.

There were pluses. Our passing and moment was better. Connolly's goal was a cracker and we won plenty of territorial possession in midfield.

The minuses made those things pale into insignificance.

Archived