Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dynamite foxes

Rab in the scotland squad

Obviously they have a lot of faith in him, but really no one who has played that many games for scotland and Celtic can be a bad goalie.  :o

153123[/snapback]

Brammall Lane, 34th Minute.

Brammall Lane, 90th Minute.

I'm not trying to worry you but the boy is crap. Scotland supporters don't want him anywhere near the national side and Celtic supporters wanted rid as well. He must be good in training because he keeps managing to get picked by the national squad. He is one of those keepers that just makes mistakes. He tends to do it on a big stage as well, UEFA cup final, numerous Old Firm games. I think you'll be in for a long season if CL persists with him.

PS where is Kisnorbo???

meh, we need to stick by this guy, he had a bad first game but he pulled off a few good saves if i remember rightly? lets face it, who else better could we have signed? he's an international goalkeeper, all be it scotland.

On the other hand, if he performs like that again tonight then...does anyone know how good this henderson guy is? lol

meh, we need to stick by this guy, he had a bad first game but he pulled off a few good saves if i remember rightly? lets face it, who else better could we have signed? he's an international goalkeeper, all be it scotland.

On the other hand, if he performs like that again tonight then...does anyone know how good this henderson guy is? lol

153150[/snapback]

Rated as the best keeper outside the Premiership according to Bradford fans. :olol:ph34r:

Sometimes putting someone down will make them make and extra effort to prove doubters wrong. If we comfort DeVreis after every blank scoreline from him he'll become another Akinbyi, complacent in his £xxxxk a week comfort zone knowing that Petert Taylor/Levein won't drop him.

I dont think it will be long before we see Henderson, I've heard he is pretty good, however we gotta give Rab a chance, not too many though, we cant afford to lose too many of our opening games.

I'm not trying to worry you but the boy is crap. Scotland supporters don't want him anywhere near the national side and Celtic supporters wanted rid as well. He must be good in training because he keeps managing to get picked by the national squad. He is one of those keepers that just makes mistakes. He tends to do it on a big stage as well, UEFA cup final, numerous Old Firm games. I think you'll be in for a long season if CL persists with him.

PS where is Kisnorbo???

153138[/snapback]

On the Physios table, had to have another op to clean his knee up, hopefully he'll be fit soon.

He's in the scotland squad but only to warm the bench while Craig Gordon plays. Gordon is a quality keeper from his Hearts and Scotland displays.

Are you sure? Remember Rab started the Scotland game away to Italy AHEAD of Craig Gordon and Gordon only got the No 1 shirt when Rab went off injured. Rab is not as bad a keeper as people make out, all keepers make mistakes. Except Rab seems to save his for high profile matches. We should stick with him and I think Levein will although to be honest I've never seen Henderson play so don't know how good he is.

Give the guy a chance!!! he has only played one game, give him time to prove himself.

I bet if he made a spectacular save in the last minute tonight to prevent Stoke getting a point everyone would love him!

Give the guy a chance!!! he has only played one game, give him time to prove himself.

I bet if he made a spectacular save in the last minute tonight to prevent Stoke getting a point everyone would love him!

153221[/snapback]

He had a chance. He blew it big time. That's three points he's helped cost us in one game and after THE WAY HE BLEW IT I don't see any purpose in delaying his departure to the bench.

There's a few long-term Celtic fans who have told us exactly how "unreliable" he is as well as detailing his weakness on crosses. They should know.

As for his Scotland call-up, that team is nothing more than a Rag, Tag and Bobtail outfit compared with the exciting and combative teams of old. The fact that he's required only gives further evidence of how far downhill they've fallen.

Sorry Hitesh. I saw him play and I saw enough.

He had a chance. He blew it big time. That's three points he's helped cost us in one game and after THE WAY HE BLEW IT I don't see any purpose in delaying his departure to the bench.

There's a few long-term Celtic fans who have told us exactly how "unreliable" he is as well as detailing his weakness on crosses. They should know.

As for his Scotland call-up, that team is nothing more than a Rag, Tag and Bobtail outfit compared with the exciting and combative teams of old. The fact that he's required only gives further evidence of how far downhill they've fallen.

Sorry Hitesh. I saw him play and I saw enough.

153238[/snapback]

No need to apoligise, your entitiled to your opinion.

Im going to give him a few games to settle in, ok it might cost us in the first few games, but if he gets more cofident as the season goes on he could be a vital part in a possible promotion push at the end of the season. However, saying this, i have only seen him play a few times before so thats why i want to see him a few more times.

I never wanted him to sign for us, and he's done nothing to convince me otherwise, even if it is just one competitive game.

I never wanted him to sign for us, and he's done nothing to convince me otherwise, even if it is just one competitive game.

153288[/snapback]

I don't think many of us wanted him to sign for us, but what's done is done. We might not agree with his signing but we can't change that now. I think we have to give him at least a few more games (or maybe just one more if he makes any more blunders tonight) before we start calling for him to be replaced. Not every player makes a great debut, it's just that his mistakes were more costly than any body elses'.

Archived