Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SystonFox

Best LCFC Memory

for me it would have to be the 1996 play off final against palace, i was 9 yrs old and my dad took me down to london on the trains. i was wearing my city kit really excitied. i got there and i felt like an ant there were so many people and wembley way was packed, 1 half of city, 1 half of palace. it felt so surreal for my age to be there. i remember my dad buying me a scarf which is on my bedroom wall above my bed today, the bloke who sold it us also gave us a rosette which i wore. i dont remember much about entering the stadium or the build up to the game but i do know we were sat in a corner of the ground just to the left of where both our goals were scored. i also dont remember much about the 1st half or even when palace scored, but i do remember gary parkers penalty, the bloke in the row behind me kissed me on my head when it was given and our section erupted. i knew in my heart we were destined to win from there, although so young and it feels like so long ago i had that feeling.i can still hear my dad saying "he's bringing on spider kalac" with only 2 minutes to go as it looked set we were up for penalties. moments later when the ball fell to claridge and he struck it so sweetly time seemed to stand still, nigel martyn could do nothing as he just watched the ball sail in. admittedly claridge didnt strike it oh so sweetly he shinned it and it was a pure fluke goal that one of these games always comes up with, but it was virtually the last kick of the game and there was extacy in the leicester end. we'd done it and we were going to the big time, the premiership again. the start of martin o'neills legendary time in charge of the foxes. what a day, one i shall never forget.

sorry for the long story just thinking about it is so passionate. what are your leicester city stories?

cheers.

Top story Syston, must agree with you on the Claridge goal. I remember the silence for a second before we realised it had gone in, it was total disbelief and then total euphoria!

To that you would have to add the Walsh winner against the sheep in the play-off final for what it meant and for the fact it was our woolly adversaries.

Can l be select one other...? Marshall's goal in the Vincente Calderon against Athletico Madrid, nearly fell down the stand when the old scruffy one scored. For a short while we thought we are a force in Europe!!

Aside from Wembley '96 a couple that spring to my mind are us beating Cambridge United 5-0 in the play off semi at Filbs in '92 - we, in effect destroyed that club, they never recovered from it and now they are back in the Conference.

Another was the Coca Cola cup final replay at Hillsborough in 1997 where we beat Middlesbrough 1-0, got the train there and everything (although changing at Derby on the way back wasnt good) I was glad to go as I couldnt make the first game at Wembley and knew it had to come to a conclusion that night. Bloody brilliant!

So many.

Claridge goal, Collymore hat-trick, 6-0 win over Best/Charlton/Law Manchester United team, reaching two FA Cup Finals in the 60's, 8-4 win over Manchester City, avie Gibson half-time balls skills demos, various Frank Worthington goals, the wonderful humour o Derek Dougan, the sight of the least likely centre-forward Frank Large putting the fear of God into defences, memorable goalkeeping by Peter Shilton and Gordon Banks, the 3-3 Arsenal comeback and so much more. What a wonderful roller coaster. Let's have some more.

All great memories!!!!

Two of my personal faves -

Wimbledon away Coca Cola semi when 'larry' grayson scored!! That was one HECK of a night. An amazing occasion and one of the best atmospheres of ANY leicester game. electric atmosphere, constant singing and winning a place in the league cup final - brilliant night.

3-3 arsenal really takes some beating. the rollercoaster of emotions in those final minutes. from ecstasy when elliott scored, i had already lost my voice by then to the sheer heartbreak of bergkamps 'winner'. i remember standing there in SK1, my mouth was so dry, i could hardly speak and i was in a daze with my hands on my head!! We won a corner deep deep DEEP into added time and the rest we all know!! the scenes when walshies header hit the net, ill never forget. MAGIC is the only word that can describe it. still gives me goosebumps

doubt we'll ever have a player like walsh again!

The 1962/63 FA cup final for me, it was a fantastic day out even though we lost 3-1 to the Manure, the atmosphere was fantastic, there was thousands and thousands of us crammed into Wembley Stadium, we had such high expectations, the excitement was reaching boiling point. I have never waved my rattle so furiously since!

The 1962/63 FA cup final for me, it was a fantastic day out even though we lost 3-1 to the Manure, the atmosphere was fantastic, there was thousands and thousands of us crammed into Wembley Stadium, we had such high expectations, the excitement was reaching boiling point. I have never waved my rattle so furiously since!

158872[/snapback]

I've still got my blue & white rattle from that day!

Lots of envy from here! Sadly l was still being pushed around Vicky Park in me pram in 1963. Still as l said to a Manure supporting fan the other day (believe it or not he was not from Manchester) we were looking like we would do the double that season but won nothing...those were the days (apparently).

All great memories!!!!

Two of my personal faves -

Wimbledon away Coca Cola semi when 'larry' grayson scored!!  That was one HECK of a night. An amazing occasion and one of the best atmospheres of ANY leicester game.  electric atmosphere, constant singing and winning a place in the league cup final - brilliant night.

3-3 arsenal really takes some beating. the rollercoaster of emotions in those final minutes.  from ecstasy when elliott scored, i had already lost my voice by then to the sheer heartbreak of bergkamps 'winner'. i remember standing there in SK1, my mouth was so dry, i could hardly speak and i was in a daze with my hands on my head!!  We won a corner deep deep DEEP into added time and the rest we all know!!  the scenes when walshies header hit the net, ill never forget. MAGIC is the only word that can describe it. still gives me goosebumps

doubt we'll ever have a player like walsh again!

158824[/snapback]

I rugby tackled my mate when larry scored and he wounded his head....worthit thou.....

and the 3-3 I was right in the mix behind the goal within 20yrds...... i clapped berkamps 2 goals especially the one when he pinged it over walshs head (class man class goal worthy of a clap) then when walshy did the too goals in the last minute i was shocked.

Best parts of that thou was my mate was in a box and left when we were 3-1 down... he missed the last 2 mins thinking he was smart by leaving early.

second part was when Walshy and Ian Wright squared up at the end.

walshy would have floored him..

other memories, the 'silence of the rams' at wembo, we had them good and proper, was spoilt by a derby thug smashing our coach window with a brick, (idiot) ..

we were singing were going up going up YEAH Brian littles blue and white army for all the journey on the way back none stop.....all having a disco on the coach, even other coaches couldnt match us for spirit and dancing.....

bring back them days i say

:S:S

:scarf::scarf:

Many fantastic memories over the years, especially while Martin O'Neill was at the helm.

But the best one has to be Wembley in 1994. Our first victory at a venue where it seems we were destined NEVER to win. The fact that we came from behind to beat local rivals made it all the sweeter, as did the fact that Walshy, a guy who'd been through hell with us during that and several previous seasons, was the one to score the winner.

The most recent wonder moment came at Charlton last season.

Dion's last-minute winner sparked off pandemonium among the travelling FOXES.

If you were there, you'll know.

If you weren't then you missed out!

Steve Thompson's equaliser at Wembley against Swindon, when Mike Whitlow got the ball and started motoring forward the noise was incredible. I have goosbumps as I type thinking of it, Thommo slipping past the 'keeper with the outside of his boot.

Wimbledon semi final was class, huge support, massive fight with stewards and police at half time, Garry Parker heading off the line in the last minute.

Many fantastic memories over the years, especially while Martin O'Neill was at the helm.

But the best one has to be Wembley in 1994.  Our first victory at a venue where it seems we were destined NEVER to win.  The fact that we came from behind to beat local rivals made it all the sweeter, as did the fact that Walshy, a guy who'd been through hell with us during that and several previous seasons, was the one to score the winner.

The most recent wonder moment came at Charlton last season.

Dion's last-minute winner sparked off pandemonium among the travelling FOXES. 

If you were there, you'll know. 

If you weren't then you missed out!

158917[/snapback]

I was there and the game at Charlton had an incredible atmosphere, made by us! The LCFC fans singing in the streets afterwards was so memorable, i dint think we left the stadium until about 15 minutes after the final whistle waiting for the players to come out for a warm-down.

I was there and the game at Charlton had an incredible atmosphere, made by us! The LCFC fans singing in the streets afterwards was so memorable, i dint think we left the stadium until about 15 minutes after the final whistle waiting for the players to come out for a warm-down.

159049[/snapback]

Tell you what, that's one game that makes me shiver just thinking about it.

I remember saying to my dad as the ball went for a corner, "this is it, we're gunna do it"

He laughed.

I went mad. 4,700 Leicester fans went mad.

Palace Play-off Final! Quality day out! Sunny day, great game and i had nice food after the game! :D

Also enjoyed the Tranmere Cup Final, nothing special about the game itself but the experience of winning the cup final was quality! Especially after losing to Tottenham the year before.

Also enjoyed the Arsenal 3-3 game! Went through all sorts of emotions, saw some world class football and the atmosphere was good that night!

Charlton for me, I've not been to that many games of such importance as the in the Wembley years I was too young to go and my parents didn't like football but I remember watching the Palace final and going crazy when Claridge scored. I think that was what first game me my passion for City and football.

The Middlesbrough cup final for me as I can remember it well (first game at Wembley) The goal when there was a mad scramble on the line and we finally got it in! Makes you tingle and wish so much for those kind of times again :(

That MON period, what was it three cup finals in 5 years? Europe, 9th place finishes in the premiership... oh how I wish we had that now :(

Its up to Levein to do it again though :) :) :):banana:

Steve Thompson's equaliser at Wembley against Swindon, when Mike Whitlow got the ball and started motoring forward the noise was incredible.  I have goosbumps as I type thinking of it, Thommo slipping past the 'keeper with the outside of his boot.

Wimbledon semi final was class, huge support, massive fight with stewards and police at half time, Garry Parker heading off the line in the last minute.

158921[/snapback]

agree barton , shivers down my spine every time i see a replay of it , what a incredible match.

also our first trip to pride park - 15 mins gone DERBY 0 LEICESTER 4 lollol

all 4 goals were cracking headers

sadly no mermioes of playoffs for me as I only start to like Leicester about two or three years ago so my best memory is when on my birthday I went with my two sheep supporting mates to watch the foxes vs sheep at walkers stadium we won 3-1 via Dickov,Deane and Izzet goals some guy ruffled my hair! a personal highlight of that game!

haha its always good to see the sheep fans disgruntled and upset, weather we beet them 1-0 in the championship doing the double over them, or weather its 4-0 at no pride park, or weather its a stevey walsh brace at wembley to put us, yet again, into the bigtime! WE HATE DERBY!

haha its always good to see the sheep fans disgruntled and upset, weather we beet them 1-0 in the championship doing the double over them, or weather its 4-0 at no pride park, or weather its a stevey walsh brace at wembley to put us, yet again, into the bigtime! WE HATE DERBY!

159376[/snapback]

yeah that feeling you have when you see sheep fans feeling miserable must rank in top 5 best feeling you will experinced in the life

Archived