Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
paddythefox

Back to the HOOOFFF

The single biggest disappointment of yesterday's performance was the return of the hoof.

Play Dublin upfront with his total lack of mobility and you are looking to play the long ball and hope for the flick on. However, we have Connolly who thrives on the ball to feet.

Why did we abandon the free passing game that worked well against Stoke and Ipswich (even if our finishing was poor) and at Bury in the League Cup?

One of the main reasons why I was glad to see the back of Adams was the lack of entertainment provided by hoof football. At the beginning of the season ( and to a lesser extent the end of last season) Levein had the team playing attractive passing football. My faith was restored- until yesterday.

If Levein wanted them to play the long ball game he deserves a slap. This method of playing the beautiful game went out with the ark.

We lost that game yesterday because we played to the strengths of a physical and well organised team. Hoof the ball to Dublin and you negate the effectiveness of DC. I know that missing chances doesn't help either. There is no point blaming the referee because you rarely see decent ones at our level.

My advice to Levein is go back to playing decent attacking football and leave Dion Dublin on the bench. Hoof football should be sent to the Bruce Rioch stadium Cov.

yeah in the last 20 mins it was being hoofed towards Dublin but he just couldnt get there every single time, and when he did it was nowhere near Connollys feet, which he thrives on and can be lethal when its played to his feet. when will they learn?

I would not mind of we hoofed the ball and won matches because of it, but it was crap dion can not control a ball when he heads it. he just knocks it on and inevitably there is know one to get it. Dion should not be up front

I would not mind of we hoofed the ball and won matches because of it, but it was crap dion can not control a ball when he heads it. he just knocks it on and inevitably there is know one to get it. Dion should not be up front

:huh: Most of our 2nd half chances came due to his controlled headers flicking the ball on our laying them backwards. He does this more effectively than De Vries and Hammond. Not saying long ball is good but you cant blame Dion for flicking the balls on - it is then down to Connolly/Sylla etc. to read where the ball is going.

Fraid so , mostly because we were static there was no movement off of the ball

And also because neither Sylla nor Wilcox put in anywhere near enough crosses!

This is yet another problem CL needs to sort out! :o

Archived