Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Hamza Choudhury

U21's you've got

Cain - key player in league one

Blyth - goal scorer in league 2

Hopper - goal scorer in league 1

Panayitou - scores for fun in the under 21s

McCourt - did well out on loan

Barmby and Lawrence - signed for the future and look class above the rest

Smith - very good tall keeper

Under 18s -

Hamza

chilwell

Ndukwu

There is probably more but these are the lads who have impressed the most

Will any of these actually play for Leicester City though? I doubt it. Smith, Hopper and Blyth are all 22 already (going on 23) if they were good enough they'd have played at least one game by now surely.

Moore is 22, for example, and has already played 50+ times. Mattock featured when he was 16, Stearman at 17, King must have been around 19/20 etc...

Will any of these actually play for Leicester City though? I doubt it. Smith, Hopper and Blyth are all 22 already (going on 23) if they were good enough they'd have played at least one game by now surely.

Moore is 22, for example, and has already played 50+ times. Mattock featured when he was 16, Stearman at 17, King must have been around 19/20 etc...

Hopper has played (and scored?) a few times for the first team, but take your point. That group will have decent pro careers, and that's not to be sniffed at, but they'll struggle to get games here if we have serious aspirations of being a top tier side.

The u18 team have a few more prospects but unless they are chucked in early they will go the same way. I'm a big believer that it's all about exposure and we continue to fail at giving youth that chance because of the pressure of immediate success. Not just an LCFC problem - it's English football all over.

Hopper has played (and scored?) a few times for the first team, but take your point. That group will have decent pro careers, and that's not to be sniffed at, but they'll struggle to get games here if we have serious aspirations of being a top tier side.

The u18 team have a few more prospects but unless they are chucked in early they will go the same way. I'm a big believer that it's all about exposure and we continue to fail at giving youth that chance because of the pressure of immediate success. Not just an LCFC problem - it's English football all over.

Decent pro careers contribute to ffp tho.

Most these lads are picked up for nothing or peanuts.

You develop them. All of which has no baring on ffp. However sell them for anything and it goes in the income column.

Why do you think chelski have so many players out on loan and on the books.

Say they sell 10 kids for 500k each that all helps.

Problem is we have a lot of options up top - unless that changes at the end of the season the youth will struggle to get a look in.

Barmby, Cain and Lawrence next season is my bet

Looks like Jimmy Pearson will be in the u21s under he is about 25.

I'm always wary of the hype around some of our young 'upcoming' players.

I remember Jorrin John was meant to be the next big thing. Last I heard he was in the Thai league. Also remember the likes of Ryan Beswick, Sappleton, Dodds etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good! Takes care of all the real and barca nonsense.

let's hope the lad can get his head down and develop his obvious talent.

You think if a big club wanted him his measly little contract would stop them?

Hopefully he will be a big part of our club for the coming years.

Leicester like the youth keepers to be over 6ft. 6ft and under is considering to small so I'm lead to believe :/

Yeah you're right Ashley. My mate was told he was too small at 5 11"

Awesome keeper though! 

You think if a big club wanted him his measly little contract would stop them?

Hopefully he will be a big part of our club for the coming years.

Of it could be more along the lines of Barca now on a transfer ban for tapping up youth players already on contracts that would stop them....

Was just wondering because I've not seen him involved in any age group and you'd think he'd be getting international accolades given the reputation.

we only have 4 players from U16s to U21s in the England set up according to a stat I saw on another forum

Does not play for England and to be honest needs to improve and concentrate on his football instead of anything else. Tough to move on here as only a 1st year scholar and there are loads in front of him. He is though quick and likes a tackle

Too much aggressive arrogance in his facial expression. He is someone who believes his own hype. That will be his failing.

Wow. The kid looks happy and smiling to me. Amazing how we all make it up differently!

We have some of the most overrated youngsters ever.

Probably guarantee the majority of the people posting have never seen this lad kick a ball

Hope he turns out to be good but let's not talk about how good a prospect he is until he gets his call up and delivers at championship level.

So many youngsters are a slight cut above their age level and everyone talks them up to be the next star, the majority end up like Freddy Adu.

The jump between the U21 and the 1st team is huge. The way some posters on here go on about players we have i wouldn't tryst anyone's judgement on here.

Barcelona? come on...

Nigel will ruin him within 2 seasons more than likely. 

Archived