Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bagworthblue

Radio Leicester

whether you believe Pearson should have been sacked or not, I would like views on radio Leicester as an unbiased broadcaster in recent months,

I personally believe they show anger and emotion to anyone they disagree with. This is not the tone of a 'devil's advocate' but a disparaging tone against anyone that challenges them.

I do think  they have shown negative bias this season and it's ok to say they 'say positive stuff' but when they do it's just not believable yet their negativity towards Pearson is very believable. I know what they really think,,, Should I? I believe Bourne is the worst with Stringer a very close 2nd.

They are fans - I get that !!! I don't condemn them for showing delight when things go well and a bit of despar when things go badly as they are human and I get that too.

But when callers ring in, it is their job to sit on the fence and facilitate the arguments, not lead the county into the belief they have personally. If anyone challenges them, they show anger and talk defensively usually in a counter attack against the caller. How is this impartial? 

It's like.... 'Look we are god, you share our views or don't listen or at least listen but don't dare challenge us.We know you have to listen as no other station provides commentary!

My texts never get read out as they challenge their broadcasting. If anyone challenges them on air,they belittle the caller and then  they proactively call people they know will back them. This is childish, and defensive and proves they are not up to a constructive challenge to what they do.

Matt at least remains impartial and he is the only one of them who isn't a trained broadcaster. I know him and know he cares a lot more than he shows but he at least remains professional on air !!!

Fortunately, mostly due to the internet and its ability to provide an alternative, I haven't had the displeasure of listening to ian and his motley crew all season. The biggest disappointment if we go down, will be switching on the radio to listen to that ballbag again.

Not a pearson fan, but I would say stringer and pearson problems with each other is personnel, they clearly don't like each other.

From the bits I have listen to, stringer goes after pearson, and there does seem to be selected opinions allowed on there, but in fairness, until the last few weeks, and after the hull game, nearly everyone had the opinion pearson has to go.

Elliott on the other hand seems balanced on his opinions.

The last few weeks have been great, but we have been starved of anything good this season, pearson keeping us up will be the only way to redeem himself to many, but after a very poor season, some may not want it again next season, well I think it's clear stringer won't.

Not a pearson fan, but I would say stringer and pearson problems with each other is personnel, they clearly don't like each other.

From the bits I have listen to, stringer goes after pearson, and there does seem to be selected opinions allowed on there, but in fairness, until the last few weeks, and after the hull game, nearly everyone had the opinion pearson has to go.

Elliott on the other hand seems balanced on his opinions.

The last few weeks have been great, but we have been starved of anything good this season, pearson keeping us up will be the only way to redeem himself to many, but after a very poor season, some may not want it again next season, well I think it's clear stringer won't.

Is this sarcasm?

Who cares. Don't like it? Don't listen to them, its simple. They said no different to what a large proportion of fans said, including me. Pearson deserved to lose his job, got lucky and didn't. Maybe now he can turn it around. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

They headlined the negative to get more listeners, since doom and gloom gets views (or listeners, you know what I mean). Unfortunately for them its means the club staff have turned against them. I for one couldn't care less; there is plenty of content covering Leicester City and the Premier League as a whole for me to watch/listen/read.

Stringer was all over Pulis being the savior of West Brom's season while talking to Jordan Crane on the boot room. I've been unable to listen to any of RL's output without everything he says sounding loaded ever since the Liverpool game. It's always the callers that put me off to the point of not listening though. A bit of Stringer idiocy I can handle.

Just listening back to the podcast ... to be honest they have been sounding a little too defensive. Perhaps they have skins like a rhino and criticism on air and on social media doesn't bother them.

Pauline though  lol

Still baffled why they used Sky Sports' post match interview rather than Match of the Day's.

And the "Is that it for Nigel Pearson?" line in commentary after the second goal went in at Southampton on Sat 8th November, just eleven games into the season, does highlight a tone which IMHO was too negative too early, coupled with the lines of questioning in interviews. There are ways and means of doing things in the media/press, as I've said before.

Agree with them promoting their rights to 'balanced and impartial opinions' but I can't think of too many managers and players who have refused to speak to certain journalists unless there has been just cause not to do so.

Just listening to the podcast.

Bourne and Stringer really really don't like it when they get challenged do they. So defensive. Stringer's "play the commentary of the Vardy goal" riposte to that old lady complaining about the negative coverage was desperate.

Think the problem they have, is they feel out of the loop, although they have the commentary, that's it. When results were going badly it probably didn't matter as they could fill the airtime with moaners. They must sort of dread it if we have an amazing end to the season and they have no one to talk to on the pitch on the final day!

I am pretty indifferent to this all. I have heard other local radio at match day and ours in no worse than them and better than some. They are on local radio after all, the best presenters aren't on local radio. Persoanlly I think Stringer and Borne should listen to feedback and learn from it. I also think Nigel should just do the interviews and allow the players and Shakespeare pre match as well.

I am pretty indifferent to this all. I have heard other local radio at match day and ours in no worse than them and better than some. They are on local radio after all, the best presenters aren't on local radio. Persoanlly I think Stringer and Borne should listen to feedback and learn from it. I also think Nigel should just do the interviews and allow the players and Shakespeare pre match as well.

I don't think anyone is complaining about the quality of what they do per se (apart from stringer commentating about hats and sandwiches). it's more the obvious and creepy agenda they have with stirring it up and actively screening in negative callers in the moan in.

Archived