Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bagworthblue

Radio Leicester

I don't think anyone is complaining about the quality of what they do per se (apart from stringer commentating about hats and sandwiches). it's more the obvious and creepy agenda they have with stirring it up and actively screening in negative callers in the moan in.

Maybe it is because negativity is what people get into more. How often do Newspapers run with happy headlines? Not that often.

Right I slag us off enough, people may beleice I 'want' us to lose alot of the time, that's not right, I simply put it as I see it, if we don't play well I say it, I get angry with the situation, I may go overboard but its my way of dealing with it, as when we win I ****ing exctatic tonight.

I said it when we beat Hull, RL HATE it when we win! They want us to lose. *****.

Whilst I don't want people to lose their jobs, complaints need to be made.

When we lose, they report than fact, especially when we don't play well and people might not like the truth so people may get upset when that is the case, as people don't like me when is the case and thinking i'm being pessimistic and negative

But when we win, win well and play well and they are still being negative, mardy, sounding like they want us to lose, not reporting the facts then that is not right.

That is the difference.

Alan Young's call-out last week is snowballing, and good on 'em. They have been negative, no two ways about it, and having defended Strings in the past, I honestly can't deny that he's completely gone off the rails under the slightest bit of personal criticism. My Dad was listening to it with me, and mentioned that the last time anyone got this much stick from Leicester fans for their partisan views was a writer for the Mercury back in the 1980's, whose name I don't recall (bit before my time, any ideas?)

Basically, his match reports were considered by a large chunk of fans to be absolute tosh, unfairly negative and often against the grain - and he eventually got his marching orders after pressure from supporters. Is the same thing happening with Stringer now? Most of my argument for him staying was that he at least had some passion for the club, but that has turned out to be absolute nonsense. He's a self-centered berk who is using BBC bias guidelines as a shield to mask his clear sh*t-stirring mentality which he has ramped up since Pearson and the club cut ties with him... for sh*t stirring and his overbearing negativity in interviews.

Surely BBC Leicester can't tolerate it anymore? He seems to have single-handedly soured the once-good relationship the station shared with LCFC.

And as a footnote - given RL's insistence that they're merely "obliged to remain impartial", can anybody with knowledge of other BBC local radio give me one example of another station with even close to the levels of negativity currently on display at RL? Because I call bull on their claims that this is the reason they're behaving as they are, but rather believe that they are just lashing out in retaliation to being shirked by the club. It also wreaks of bitterness at somewhat losing the monopoly on coverage thanks to the greater media attention now we're back in the Prem. It's petulant, incredibly childish and an embarrassment to the BBC as an organisation as a whole.

Alan Young's call-out last week is snowballing, and good on 'em. They have been negative, no two ways about it, and having defended Strings in the past, I honestly can't deny that he's completely gone off the rails under the slightest bit of personal criticism. My Dad was listening to it with me, and mentioned that the last time anyone got this much stick from Leicester fans for their partisan views was a writer for the Mercury back in the 1980's, whose name I don't recall (bit before my time, any ideas?)

Basically, his match reports were considered by a large chunk of fans to be absolute tosh, unfairly negative and often against the grain - and he eventually got his marching orders after pressure from supporters. Is the same thing happening with Stringer now? Most of my argument for him staying was that he at least had some passion for the club, but that has turned out to be absolute nonsense. He's a self-centered berk who is using BBC bias guidelines as a shield to mask his clear sh*t-stirring mentality which he has ramped up since Pearson and the club cut ties with him... for sh*t stirring and his overbearing negativity in interviews.

Surely BBC Leicester can't tolerate it anymore? He seems to have single-handedly soured the once-good relationship the station shared with LCFC.

And as a footnote - given RL's insistence that they're merely "obliged to remain impartial", can anybody with knowledge of other BBC local radio give me one example of another with even close to the levels of negativity currently on display at RL? Because I call bull on their claims that this is the reason they're behaving as they are, but rather are just lashing out in retaliation to being shirked by the club. It's petulant, incredibly childish and an embarrassment to the BBC as an organisation as a whole.

I thought Thrac said he never worked for the Mercury.

Just listening back to the podcast ... to be honest they have been sounding a little too defensive. Perhaps they have skins like a rhino and criticism on air and on social media doesn't bother them.

Pauline though  lol

Still baffled why they used Sky Sports' post match interview rather than Match of the Day's.

And the "Is that it for Nigel Pearson?" line in commentary after the second goal went in at Southampton on Sat 8th November, just eleven games into the season, does highlight a tone which IMHO was too negative too early, coupled with the lines of questioning in interviews. There are ways and means of doing things in the media/press, as I've said before.

That was an utter joke.

Having listened to the Podcast tonight, seems to me that there is some selective hearing going on. I reckon people with an axe to grind are only hearing what they want to hear.   

I honestly thought we'd gone 2 down when Nugent scored cos it was so damn negative

Agree with this point 100% - I thought we'd gone 2-0 down as well! I think Stringer's commentary isn't too bad and I think he is a Leicester fan but before we made it 2--2 he was questioning why Kramaric hadn't been brought on and trying to get Matt Elliott to be negative - that's now what he is there for!

Anyway a great win and the great escape gathers pace!  :scarf:

I haven't found any of the RL coverage to be overly negative - at least not to warrant the reaction that's happened recently. I don't think Stringer has changed his style of presenting or interviewing since he started the job. RL seems to have become something people love to hate and Stringer especially so. I think his commentary of big goals such as today and at Forest last year shows his genuine passion for Leicester and I don't think anyone can fairly accuse him of wanting the team to do badly.

Onto Alan Young. I liked him and it's a shame he's gone. To criticize Stringer's negativity now seems especially bitter considering he worked with him for years and seemingly had no problem with his style. I remember an interview Stringer did with a RL boss where he absolutely roasted them over the firing of Alan Young!

RE RL phone ins. As seen tonight, they give decent air time to callers who phone in to criticize them personally - they don't brush it under the carpet and insist on talking about football. And yes of course they get defensive when people tell them they're doing their job wrong - who wouldn't retaliate if that happened to them in a public arena.

Just to pre-empt any jokes, I am not Ian Stringer or Ian Stringer's Mum - just a Leicester fan who thinks the whole RL thing is being blown out of proportion by a giant bandwagon of people who love to hate.

I haven't found any of the RL coverage to be overly negative - at least not to warrant the reaction that's happened recently. I don't think Stringer has changed his style of presenting or interviewing since he started the job. RL seems to have become something people love to hate and Stringer especially so. I think his commentary of big goals such as today and at Forest last year shows his genuine passion for Leicester and I don't think anyone can fairly accuse him of wanting the team to do badly.

Onto Alan Young. I liked him and it's a shame he's gone. To criticize Stringer's negativity now seems especially bitter considering he worked with him for years and seemingly had no problem with his style. I remember an interview Stringer did with a RL boss where he absolutely roasted them over the firing of Alan Young!

RE RL phone ins. As seen tonight, they give decent air time to callers who phone in to criticize them personally - they don't brush it under the carpet and insist on talking about football. And yes of course they get defensive when people tell them they're doing their job wrong - who wouldn't retaliate if that happened to them in a public arena.

Just to pre-empt any jokes, I am not Ian Stringer or Ian Stringer's Mum - just a Leicester fan who thinks the whole RL thing is being blown out of proportion by a giant bandwagon of people who love to hate.

Signs up to Foxestalk and first post is backing Ian Stringer and then says not Ian Stringer or Ian Stringer's Mum. Hmmmm.  :ph34r: .

The goals are sound bite hunting, and let's not pretend that he hasn't been almost gleeful at our failure, and sounded disappointed at any good results/performances - he's clearly out for himself and no one else, and he's decided the best way to do that is by acting like an immature brat

I've just realised I've been blocked by Jason Bourne on Twitter. :nigel: I can't even remember what I might possibly have said.

It's a good job I've got a better memory than you.

You said you were going to gouge his eyes out and put dog poo in the sockets Mike.

Bill Anderson - He was an arsehole.

I got blocked by Stringer for asking him a couple of times "Why don't you ask Nigel what he thinks" Didn't seem to like that

Is this sarcasm?

No, you listen to people at the ground, friends, etc, there was a poll on here, and at one point the vast majority voted for him to go now, or at the end of the season, so clearly not.

Just because we have one a couple, people will turn back to him, got no problem with that, as we are winning, that's what his job is, and if he's doing a decent job back him.

In the same breath, with the we have had, nobody can be called for wanting him out.

They sounded a bit defensive and restrained in the post-match commentary to be fair - they were pretty decent with their assessment of the team's performance overall, however.

Pauline really made Bourne and Stringer sweat. lol

Personally, what I really miss is a general sense of passion for this club. It's all fine and dandy to use radio replays (and to be fair, Stringer and Bourne appeared more like people who were caught on the wrong foot in that particular bit; also, interrupting callers, no matter how intelligent they may sound, does my head in), but my impression of Stringer's and Bourne's approach to games, the club and in terms of what they have to say first and foremost is sketchy. Negative bias trickles through their sentences.

Archived