Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Schlupp

Seems like we have a consensus on Schlupp for the most part.

As Fez says, everybody is right, which is something I probably wasn't prepared to concede about him earlier in the season. Most of the time he looks utterly gormless but sometimes he can be great. Second half today was an example.

schlupp literally doesn't know anything i reckon. still like man says like once every month or so the whole world is in shock of how good he did something instead of how bad. at least it's exciting tbf sometimes when konchy plays it's like yeah he'll get a 6/10 and put in some hard tackles then boot it as far as he can but that's it, he won't do anything ridic good or ridic funny. 

He is like the marmite comparison.

He is our modern Rodney Fern, sometimes simply class, next he should be back in the class.

That said, I am happy Pearson is backing and supporting him.

Plus critical fans, are now not being spitefull but giving him space, and even see he could be needing patience and time.

He is young, he has improved, he deserves to be given some slack, BUT....NEXT SEASON, no matter where he is, he has to tie down his position with consistent performances at the higher level of his potential.

Finish this season strong, be selfish and take his man on, with intent, just like the 2nd half today, and have the fans saying he and Vardy saved our season. Oh then FFS learn not to panic but 'shoot in control'.

schlupp literally doesn't know anything i reckon. still like man says like once every month or so the whole world is in shock of how good he did something instead of how bad. at least it's exciting tbf sometimes when konchy plays it's like yeah he'll get a 6/10 and put in some hard tackles then boot it as far as he can but that's it, he won't do anything ridic good or ridic funny. 

Forgetting who he played for at Upton Park was pretty funny

Very frustrating, he clearly lacks a footballing brain but he's got one thing every team hates, pace.

He won't beat a man through skill but he will beat his full back 9 times out of 10 by knocking him past it and chasing it.

More players should do that though. When you watch someone like Walcott and he just passes inside or tries to be too fancy; Just knock it and run. 

Jeff changed that game. I'm not saying he was the best player on the pitch in the 2nd half but he had the beating of Dawson everytime and that can warp the dynamic of a match.

The thing is, as people have mentioned, is that he's been in various positions and not had a long run in the team until this year. Still only 22 and as he gets more consistent, he'll be class at this level.

Very frustrating, he clearly lacks a footballing brain but he's got one thing every team hates, pace.

He won't beat a man through skill but he will beat his full back 9 times out of 10 by knocking him past it and chasing it.

A young Lloyd Dyer then?

Naughton is injured. Pretty spot on about Jeff here. When he realises his own strengths, he will be a decent player. Just like Lloyd.

Oh, didn't know that-sorry.

Swansea without two of their regular back four? Who will play RB for them?

I sometimes wonder how he draws a wage as a professional footballer

He certainly isn't a striker, I don't think he's much of a winger, I think he has the makings of a LB, whose role basically dictates they play as a LWB anyway, so it's no surprise he was better when we changed to 343

I'm never totally convinced by Jeff. He's in the side for his pace and power but it's a running joke with my friends that when he is in possesion one of us will shout out "don't think Jeff" as it seems if he has time he doesn't really know what to do. There were times at the Hawthorns that he was leaving the fans absolutely flabergasted by his lack of descision making but there is no doubting that when he plays on instinct he is capable of producing the goods. I personally don't think that that is enough for the Premier League though but I'll back him and cheer him on while wearing the blue shirt.

Speed kills at any level of football.

I'd rather have schluup in our team next season than both of our south americans.

Jeff Schlupp on Saturday produced an unreal first touch to completely do one of their players, before then aimlessly belting it to another one without a Leicester player within ten yards of them. That, for me, was the most 'Jeff Schlupp' five seconds that ever happened.

I thought he was diabolical in the first half but good in the second. Definitely not a left back.

He gets a lot of unfair criticism in my book.

He has everything you want in a full back, pace, athleticism, strength and a great engine. He can also play a bit too so it's important we let him develop with us and let him learn his trade and he'll become one of our best players.

If only we could give him a brain transplant and Cambiasso donates his.  :D

But he'll learn with experience and is certainly worth persevering with.

Archived