Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Who never lost the faith?

I'd pretty much accepted our fate after the Hull game, and the Spurs game just compounded my misery.

But... I suppose deep down I'd never entirely given up. If I had I wouldn't have been at the West Ham game. It's always been there for the taking and it looks like finally, FINALLY we are going to take it. Just time to finish the job off.

But... this is Leicester. We don't do things the easy way. We will do whatever to ensure it's a bumpy ride, I'm sure of that much.

Me.

3 games ago I never saw the players lose faith. So I never lost faith. That's how it should work.

Take a look at Sunderland and Newcastle fans. Them poor bastards hate their mercenary players and the clubs business dealings. They've actual reason to lose all faith. Sunderland fans sound suicidal.

I'd rather have been in our predicament over theirs. At least our players and management try.

I genuinely think Vichai stepping in and saving Nige has done and will do us the world of good.

Close this thread till after QPR.

You can't tell other people what they can and cannot talk about.

In any case all the question is asking is 'did you give up, or not?'. For those of us who didn't give up it feels moderately pleasing that we were right not to as there's clearly a very real chance of survival now. I don't think this was an attempt to crack open the champagne in celebration.

It seems I wasn't alone in thinking after the spurs game on boxing I thought that was it. If we had come away from that with a draw I'd have been disappointed so to lose it was hard to take. I'm sure it was that game when the ball came across the 6 yard box and West Morgan slid in. He kind of slid passed it, the ball hit him pretty much hit him in the face and bobbled wide. I just couldn't help thinking at the time that if that'd been at the other end he'd have caught it so sweet and fired it to the top corner of his own net!

It's been hard since then, a glimmer of a cup run has been the only thing to really raise my hopes since. Was almost getting used to walking away from the ground feeling frustrated after games like Palace, Stoke and Hull.

Anyone who says that they honestly never let the dark cloud of doubt even slightly cast a small shadow over their eternal optimism is a much much happier person than me

It seems I wasn't alone in thinking after the spurs game on boxing I thought that was it. If we had come away from that with a draw I'd have been disappointed so to lose it was hard to take. I'm sure it was that game when the ball came across the 6 yard box and West Morgan slid in. He kind of slid passed it, the ball hit him pretty much hit him in the face and bobbled wide. I just couldn't help thinking at the time that if that'd been at the other end he'd have caught it so sweet and fired it to the top corner of his own net!

It's been hard since then, a glimmer of a cup run has been the only thing to really raise my hopes since. Was almost getting used to walking away from the ground feeling frustrated after games like Palace, Stoke and Hull.

Anyone who says that they honestly never let the dark cloud of doubt even slightly cast a small shadow over their eternal optimism is a much much happier person than me

It did take a deflection on the way through to Morgan, that Boxing Day game changed things for me, I saw a resilience in the players and the fans and despite the result there were a lot of fans who stayed behind and sung the players names, I saw a reaction and a connection that had been missing in some home games. Instead of being deflated the players took heart from it and went on to pick up some good results after that and put in good performances.

It did take a deflection on the way through to Morgan, that Boxing Day game changed things for me, I saw a resilience in the players and the fans and despite the result there were a lot of fans who stayed behind and sung the players names, I saw a reaction and a connection that had been missing in some home games. Instead of being deflated the players took heart from it and went on to pick up some good results after that and put in good performances.

I agree with you, but it cast doubt on me that day, that it was just going to be one of those seasons where the gods work against you. it seemed that no matter what we did, how well we played, we just couldn't get the result.

The way we are playing now, although different in style of play and tempo, is no better in terms of performance to the way we've played for the majority of the season. It just seems now the gods have taken a bribe and things look more like going our way. The small margins that get mentioned so often seem to be tipping our way and long may it continue

Only time I started to have my doubts was after Hull. Just thought it was getting too late to make up the ground.

Apart from that I've always believed we were good enough to pick up the required points total. 

Bit premature this thread.

I think it's fair to say that Swansea took us lightly at the weekend. No-one else will be doing that now, and the games are going to get harder now that other teams can see we have got our shit together.

But Yes, I thought we were dead and buried. I just wanted us to end with a respectable points tally. Now I want to finish above Newcastle.

Have to say that I did start to lose hope, but there was a very small part of me that kept thinking we were due some luck as often we hadn't played that badly and lost and that we must be due some luck - but this season has been 'trying'.........

Archived