Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Thoughts on Swansea

Theyre a neat and tidy team.

They were clearly missing some presence and quality up front today. Playing half the season without Bony has been tough and then to lose Gomis is a tough blow, but they play good stuff and keep the ball well.

To say theyre the worst oponents weve had at the KP is ridiculous, especially when you consider the schooling they dished us out at the Liberty. I think any team would have struggled to live with the intensity we had in the first half today, it was terrific.

Jonjo Shelvey is a brilliant player. All of their best attacks came through him.

Swansea are a very good team, we just played very well too.

Yeah I agree, he did look very good technically obviously not aesthetically. 

They obviously lack a threat up front with Gomis injured and Bony having moved on, but they aren't the worse team we've played this season. Didn't hear their fans once, mind.

Couldn't give a fook about them as a side but fan wise they are tinpot.

There was a group of them mouthing off before the game near L1 and it nearly kicked off until the cops intervened.

They should play in the welsh league anyway with Bangor!!!

A good side, when they control the game. Something we didn't let them do bar 20 odd minutes of the second half. Their lack of a deent striker today did show but that's not our problem.

To be fair to Swansea fans, our support was awful at the liberty earlier in the season. Swings and roundabouts innit. That's what happens when the home team comes out and controls the game from the first minute.

There's been a lot worse come to the KP this season (ahem West Brom, ahem Sunderland). They showed their quality in patches but absolutely no one was stopping us today. It could have been a rout if we were able take the majority of our chances. Fantastic performance from us. Today was all about that, not Swansea being rubbish (which they weren't).

To be fair to Swansea fans, our support was awful at the liberty earlier in the season. Swings and roundabouts innit. That's what happens when the home team comes out and controls the game from the first minute.

Yeah but 3pm on a sat?

I think ours was a late sat KO with no trains back. Major difference, our fans have been class home and away compared to the average prem team fans all season.

Yeah but 3pm on a sat?

I think ours was a late sat KO with no trains back. Major difference, our fans have been class home and away compared to the average prem team fans all season.

We still had a few thousand there and it was one of the worst crowds I've ever been a part of. Generally we have been amazing but everyone has an off day including us. Swansea at home were noisy, not sure what they are usually like away but like I say, swings and roundabouts dude.

They were as I hoped they'd be. Thought they played some nice stuff but they were toothless up front and pretty shit at the back. I'm not moaning but we could've put them to the sword a lot more than we did. Had the chances to get 4 or 5 today.

Not the worst side, but one of the poorer. No worse than West Brom were last week.

Archived