Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Burnley away..

Perfect fixture to keep our run going. They will have to go for it, considering they are playing catch up. With the pace we have in the team, we could have a lot of chances on the counter. If we win this one, surely that is it for them. 

What's the situation with nuge? He was starting then wasn't today? Injured? Change of mind? Could do with him back to bag his regulation first goal vs Burnley.

And wasyl? He injured or was it tactical to go to a back 4?

didn't look like a back four to me , looked a like for like replacement 

Was was playing well and looking fine. It was a tactical change to 433.

Ulloa was not moving well at the end of the first half, with Mahrez coming on it went to 442, then Drinkwater for Kramaric was to 451.

A bit too defensive for me to sit on a 1:0 scoreline, we were inviting them onto us. I was very relieved when Cambo and King scored the second.

We are in position were a draw would benefit us, for burnley it is now an absolute must win... I hope Pearson sticks to what won us the last three, going for it..

Personally hopes he sticks with the same formation but with emphasis on frustrating them drawing them out and hitting them on the break as that will work.

Looking at tunnel cam, you may not see nuge for a while.

Could see some interesting selections over the next two games. Burnley so important not to lose so we will go as strong as we can. On the following wed we have our least winnable fixture followed three days later by our most.

In respect of the wed game, King should be fresh enough and so too DD. wonder if we will see EC rested for Chelsea with MJ or DH coming in. Hopefully he isn't tempted to play DD and AK together! Up top, Leo has had a run of games as has JV. With nuge looking doubtful for a few weeks, kramaric will probably get a start against Chelsea at the expense of vardy. In fact, krama may start on his own in a 4-2-3-1.

Pressure entirely on Burnley, and with only 1 goal in 7 matches, and 2 clean sheets in 19, they're not in any sort of form. Draw would be fine but they're there to be beat, got to go for it again.

They were in no sort of form when they burgled a point at the KP earlier in the season either.

Is Marney injured for them? Seems to be Arfield and Jones in centre mid ATM

They were in no sort of form when they burgled a point at the KP earlier in the season either.

Is Marney injured for them? Seems to be Arfield and Jones in centre mid ATM

True, but that day we were pathetic and seemed scared to go for it. Now Pearson seems to have gone shit or bust in his approach - can't see them handling relentless bombardment from the likes of Vardy - just need to stay out of our shell.

Nige was right, we are better on every level than Burnley. These are just a bunch of unloveable rogues who will try to kick, elbow and hoof their way to beating us. They are bottom of the league for a reason.

lol We've been off the bottom for an hour.

:D  I genuinely laughed out loud when I read this.  :D

The great thing about a win today is if we beat Burnley we go five points clear of them and they'll have four games left. We'll almost certainly finish above them.

A loss and we're still in it and no worse than we were before today's win.

I'll take a point now though, it's important not to lose to our relegation rivals. A home draw will feel like a defeat for the Burnley team and fans, just like us when we drew with Hull.

Same intensity, same tempo. We go there and play the same 15 minutes as we did today we could kill the game in that time. We were absolutely magnificent today. Best performance of the season. Same team but maybe swap Nugent and Kramaric. 

Archived