Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

THAT Atmosphere!

The clappers in and of themselves are tacky and crap. Whacking a bit of card about isn't what I would call 'passionately engaging' with your club. What they do do however is convince people that they too can sing along if they want to.

Begrudgingly I'd have to say they're a good thing. Would prefer if people just joined in completely of their own accord though.

One of the best down Filbert Way I recon. Ever.

Love em' or Hate em' the clappers made the difference in terms of atmosphere.

Personally, I don't use them, I clap with my hands and sing, but as Harry says if it gets people involved and makes them join in to create an atmosphere then so be it.

We've been brilliant the past two games but why has it taken two games with these clappers too create an atmosphere? It's like all the shy people who never clap have come our and started doing it due to abit of card.

I do like the clappers but **** um off next game and use ya hands... We can do it

Make some ****ing noise we will go wild wild wild

As many have said, you shouldn't need the clappers, but at times today, I realised I was hitting it against my leg for most of the game. So if it gets an extra 10000 joining in and makes the KP intimidating for to opposition, then they have to stay until we are safe.

The clappers in and of themselves are tacky and crap. Whacking a bit of card about isn't what I would call 'passionately engaging' with your club. What they do do however is convince people that they too can sing along if they want to.

Begrudgingly I'd have to say they're a good thing. Would prefer if people just joined in completely of their own accord though.

They're not really that much different to the long forgotten football rattle that was very popular at least until the 50. Just a modern no plastic version. No one used to call them tacky.

They're presumably aimed at the modern version of those fans young kids and older people although I don't use mine as I prefer to just clap.

They're not really that much different to the long forgotten football rattle that was very popular at least until the 50. Just a modern no plastic version. No one used to call them tacky.

They're presumably aimed at the modern version of those fans young kids and older people although I don't use mine as I prefer to just clap.

Were rattles given out en masse by clubs or did people use their own initiative to create some atmosphere?

No one goes near the clappers in L block as they're singing throughout anyway. Clappers just get used for chucking across at the away lot when we score.

Correct. And I've found the elastic bands are a very good weapon to use at the away fans. I mean, you're not going to get a banning order for flicking laggy bands are you?

Correct. And I've found the elastic bands are a very good weapon to use at the away fans. I mean, you're not going to get a banning order for flicking laggy bands are you?

You probably would if it hit someone in the eye

Were rattles given out en masse by clubs or did people use their own initiative to create some atmosphere?

Their own but I don't see how that makes the modern ones any more tacky lots of modern stuff is tacky compared with what went before.

Clubs didn't give anything out there was nothing to give no shirts, no scarves people made they're own scarves etc. I bet if someone turned up today in an home made scarf people would take the pis.

It's a totally different game now and people should accept they'll be modern ways of doing things and stop being toffee nosed about it.

They're just sound generators.

Don't think any of them in L1 were taken off their seats unless they were being thrown lol

When Cambiasso went over for that corner near the end, that corner looked incredible with everyone using the clappers. I think thats the best atmosphere I've ever seen at the KP and the only time I've ever heard a noise like that before is when Steve Howard got that winner against Leeds.

To be fair, me and mi mates said last night that we cannot recollect a reception like that, for a single player, for many years.

It was like going back to the days of Lennon and Izzett!

The whole of that end stood and applauded.

Esteban is a cult figure already and fair play to him. He gives us his absolute all.

To be fair, me and mi mates said last night that we cannot recollect a reception like that, for a single player, for many years.

It was like going back to the days of Lennon and Izzett!

The whole of that end stood and applauded.

Esteban is a cult figure already and fair play to him. He gives us his absolute all.

Yeah definitely reminded me of the Izzet days when every corner (particularly when winning) was treated as an opportunity to show appreciation for a great player. Whatever one thinks of the individual player involved it's a bloody great feeling to have that sort of positivity at the club. Who knows, perhaps we can ride this positivity all the way to 17th and the drinks will be on you col!

One thing the clappers have brought back is a bit of unity. Most people are using them and from the players jogging to one side of the pitch to warm up to Cambiasso coming to our side to take that corner, it's just carrying the players home. It's very similar to when the players were on the run-in last season and the atmoshere seemed to carry them over the line to the 100+ points.

Marketing Department: Hello, we'd like to order 30000 more of those folded card things please!

Printers: Great! You've had a foxes eyes and Foxes never quit, what do you want for the Chelsea match?

Marketing: Errrrrr, Mourinho's face with "Beat Jose" ?

Archived