Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimbo

still in the bottom 3

Right I'll start by saying this isn't negative, this isn't to ruin a slight feel good factor. This is a call to stay grounded. To keep up the atmosphere, to strengthen the belief and keep that fire in our bellies!

What a couple of weeks. I, along with quite a few, believed 3 weeks ago that we were pretty much down and out but turning the clock forward to now we have given ourselves a very very good chance of escaping this.

But right now that's all it is, a good chance. The job isn't even half done. We have some massive games still to come, Burnley and Sunderland, both away from home, being the biggest of the lot for me. We need something from those games, we can not lose those games. We can't rely on getting something from Chelsea or Southampton at home, and I don't think my mind and body could hack a last game shoot out with QPR!

The atmosphere the last 2 home games has been electric, especially yesterday. Can't remember a time like it, haven't felt the stands bounce like that since Steve Howards goal against Leeds. But the atmosphere has been that way because of the feeling among us fans. That feeling of being in a dog fight, a siege like mentality. We lose that, if we believe that the job is done, we lose that atmosphere, we lose our 12th man so to speak.

We've given ourselves a chance, a fighters chance and we need to realise that's all it is right now. Enjoy our wins if or when they come but then realise we still need to keep going. Take a look at the table right now, don't think ahead, don't try to predict. It's right now that matters, and right now we're still in the bottom 3.

We need those travelling to Burnley (a massive, massive game) to do what they've been doing so well we need to keep that fire and passion as fans at the same levels until the job is done. Take our eye of the ball and it could turn sour so so quickly.

Enjoy the moment but keep our eye on the prize

... on goal difference, but you are right we still have a long way to go but we are in the best position we have been in for a long time we have given ourselves more than a fighting chance we have put our destiny in our own hands which is amazing considering the position we were in a few weeks ago.

Well said. We mustn't ignore the lessons from a generally poor season, but by hook or crook Nigel has started to get more right than wrong recently, which IMO is a reverse of majority of the season. We still need to be aware that West ham could have gone either way, we were poor first half at West brom and swansea lacked anything up front, but the confidence and believe is returning, and the fans believe we can do it. Yesterday reminded me of last season, straight out the blocks, pressing and harassing, pace on the break and we did it for nearly the full 90, and swansea struggled to live with it. It's also great to see Nigel animated and encouraging players on the touch line rather than arms folded on the bench or stands. Massive credit to Nigel and staff for this turn around, let's pray we can keep it going.

All good points and I'd hate to need something out of QPR or it be out of our hands at that stage. Hopefully the players see it the same and like Vardy said last week "celebrate, have a good Sunday with the family and start again on Monday"

If we get a point/points from Burnley, Newcastle & Saints we can really believe and if we got anything from Chelsea, the stadium would erupt.

Couldn't you have at least waited till the weekend was over to start this "not a negative" thread.

Not negative in the slightest. More of a call to keep the levels of belief, passion and fire as high as possible.

Don't want to read threads with polls on who's going down etc etc

As leicester fans we'll more than likely not include ourselves as one of the 3. I love the optimism, I love the feel good factor that 3 premier league wins in a row can give, especially against the odds. But discussions about who will go down can come back to haunt us.

like I said, believe, be optimistic, bring passion and fight, but to do so we need to keep our eyes on the prize at the end, don't start thinking it's done

Other than a few teams in the top 3 places in the Premiership, Championship and League One , along with the teams in 4th and 5th in League Two ( either of which could be in the top 3 if they won their game in hand ) there is only one team to have won their last three League matches.

Who could have come up with that statistic at the end of March?

Absolutely this. Done brilliantly to get us back in with a shot, but the fact 3 straight wins hasnt taken us out the drop zone shows how far behind we were and what a big job this is. At the end of the day, if the season finished right now we would be relegated. Just hope Nige calms the players down and calls for focus, so easy to get carried away right now

Southampton have had a fantastic season, but why shouldn't we rely on getting anything from that game? I think there is as much chance of us getting a point as us winning or losing. It'll be a tougher game than the Newcastle game but it's still winnable.

We can do this.

What a couple of weeks. I, along with quite a few, believed 3 weeks ago that we were pretty much down and out but turning the clock forward to now we have given ourselves a very very good chance of escaping this.

We did lose 1 hour when the clocks went forward at the start of the month. Maybe this was the catalyst.  :ph34r:

Southampton have had a fantastic season, but why shouldn't we rely on getting anything from that game? I think there is as much chance of us getting a point as us winning or losing. It'll be a tougher game than the Newcastle game but it's still winnable.

We can do this.

Aside from Chelsea, Southampton will be our hardest game to get anything from by a distance.

I predicted last week that we would lose to Chelsea and Southampton, draw to Newcastle, and beat Swansea, Burnley, Sunderland and QPR. One for one so far, and if the rest are even close we will surely stay up.

It would be great to take three points from Southampton, but we have three 6-pointers before the end of the season where a win is so much more valuable.

The start of the season was exciting followed by a slump, just after Xmas it was fun again, especially beating Newcastle in the cup but it was followed by another slump and some awful games.

All credit where it is due though, after looking certainties for relegation the season is ending with a bang and excitement with all these cup finals.

If we stay up :sweating: it will be one of the weirdest seasons I have had watching Leicester, going from a high, especially in thrashing Man Utd to mediocrity to an amazing end.

The game yesterday for me was the best performance I've seen in a good few years considering the level of opposition, still have such a positive feel from that game :).

I agree, its important to stay grounded and realise this isn't in the bag yet. We have earnt the right to be extremely positive from the last 3 games, but the hard work has only just begun. We need to climb away from the bottom three before I'll pop the cork

It's threads like this that are testament to the fact that we need a negative reputation option. Yes we know we aren't definitely up yet but we have spent the season starved of reasons to celebrate, now we have three wins on the bounce let us dream for fook sake!!!!

It's threads like this that are testament to the fact that we need a negative reputation option. Yes we know we aren't definitely up yet but we have spent the season starved of reasons to celebrate, now we have three wins on the bounce let us dream for fook sake!!!!

The bottom line is, complacency could cost us. I'm still buzzing off my tits, but it's important that the players realise this isn't done yet. The odds are massively stacked in our favour now and the wet dreams are starting, but we still need 110% from players and fans to see us over the line.

Nothing negative about it, not in the slightest.

Dream, enjoy, celebrate, hope, dance round your living room naked smearing peanut butter over your bin lid nipple whilst clenching a banana in your Gooch for all I care.

But don't, not yet, believe the job is done, or even half done. Reach for the stars and we may end up in the clouds but never settle for the curb as we may end up in the gutter.

We need to keep up the momentum and the atmosphere that we are creating and the only way to do that is to keep the fire in us, realising we're still in a fight. Stay on the boil and keeping both eyes in the end prize

Nothing negative about it, not in the slightest.

Dream, enjoy, celebrate, hope, dance round your living room naked smearing peanut butter over your bin lid nipple whilst clenching a banana in your Gooch for all I care.

But don't, not yet, believe the job is done, or even half done. Reach for the stars and we may end up in the clouds but never settle for the curb as we may end up in the gutter.

We need to keep up the momentum and the atmosphere that we are creating and the only way to do that is to keep the fire in us, realising we're still in a fight. Stay on the boil and keeping both eyes in the end prize

I'd say it was half done. We started the mini season vs Hull on 18 points, we're now on 28 and they haven't moved. I think 2 more wins will be enough.

Archived