Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimbo

still in the bottom 3

Agreed. We still need to get out of this and there will be some surprise results along the way no doubt. Looking at the other's fixtures, some of them aren't too bad either, so we mustn't get carried away. Next week...oh my days it's massive. 

Reckon we will finish up on 33 points, about a 50/50 chance of staying up. Can see us losing at least one of the two away games, just because Sunderland are on poor form now doesn't mean they won't turn things around in the next few games.

Next week is massive, the winner will probably stay up and the loser probably go down. I'd definitely take a draw, we're the away side.

Have a funny feeling it's going to be Schmeichel's error in the closing seconds of the first match v Burnley which costs us relegation in the long run.

The 2/1 you can get on us to go down in some places is incredible value. I think it's 50/50 now

I'll give you 20/1. And I'll make it 2/1 we finish mid table.

(I won't really but come on)

Reckon we will finish up on 33 points, about a 50/50 chance of staying up. Can see us losing at least one of the two away games, just because Sunderland are on poor form now doesn't mean they won't turn things around in the next few games.

Next week is massive, the winner will probably stay up and the loser probably go down. I'd definitely take a draw, we're the away side.

Have a funny feeling it's going to be Schmeichel's error in the closing seconds of the first match v Burnley which costs us relegation in the long run.

You absolute moron, blaming a whole season on one player! So missing chances or poor defending week after week hasn't cost us? Or what about Kaspers save yesterday, that potentially won back 2 points! What a ridiculous comment

Disagree with most of this.

Think we'll get about 35-38 points.

Don't think if we lose next week we're down.

If we are relegated their are a lot of moments you can look at

If we do get relegated I think it is unfair on Schmeichel to point to one moment in a 38 game season and say that was what cost us as I could turn around and say it was the ref for the Liverpool game which costed us but it doesn't work like that as it would have been the season as a whole which would have let us down.

However we are staying up so it doesn't matter :P

If we do get relegated I think it is unfair on Schmeichel to point to one moment in a 38 game season and say that was what costed us as I could turn around and say it was the ref for the Liverpool game which costed us but it doesn't work like that as it would have been the season as a whole which would have let us down.

However we are staying up so it doesn't matter :P

*cost

Yep I hate me too lol

I'll give you 20/1. And I'll make it 2/1 we finish mid table.

(I won't really but come on)

Do you really think we've got better than a 2 in 3 chance of staying up?

Just watched Sunday supplement (yes why I hear you cry) the journos on there realty have not a clue about anything outside the top 4. "Yes still think the bottom 3 now will be the ones to go down" and that was it. They become all tongue tied and inarticulate if there asked to talk about anything other than chelsea and Man u. Not a bloody clue.

Disagree with most of this.

Think we'll get about 35-38 points.

Don't think if we lose next week we're down.

If we are relegated their are a lot of moments you can look at

You could be right but I strongly doubt 38 is achievable. My calculation is a bit more realistic based on:

Burnley (A) draw

Chelsea (H) lose

Newcastle (H) win

Southampton (H) lose

Sunderland (A) lose

QPR (H) draw

yeah man you not seen how good we are?!

I think we've got a better chance of staying up than anyone else.

You absolute moron, blaming a whole season on one player! So missing chances or poor defending week after week hasn't cost us? Or what about Kaspers save yesterday, that potentially won back 2 points! What a ridiculous comment

Agreed.

Last week someone said it would be M James fault if we went down cus he made the tackle that gave away the penalty that resulted in the goal!

Ffs.

Or was it Wes, for scoring nothing but own goals, or a twat manager being too defensive for 60% of the season. The list goes on. No one person or incident is too blame.

(Manager aside that is).

Yes the bookies are now pushing out to about 4/1 for relegation. They are about right I'd say. Just need to look at the run-ins and home matches.

If you are interested in my logic on this, check out my column over on PremierPunditry, called "The Drop Zone". http://www.premierpunditry.com/2015/04/the-drop-zone-april12-2014/

Hull, Sunderland and QPR Will be relegated.... Relax!!

What were you saying 3 weeks ago? Then I'll know if I can rely on you.

Yes the bookies are now pushing out to about 4/1 for relegation. They are about right I'd say. Just need to look at the run-ins and home matches.

If you are interested in my logic on this, check out my column over on PremierPunditry, called "The Drop Zone". http://www.premierpunditry.com/2015/04/the-drop-zone-april12-2014/

The best odds you can get (in the UK) are 9/4. Everybody seems to be counting the 3 points against Newcastle already which is a recipe for disaster.

For the first time since about December I think we're better placed than 3 clubs (Burnley, Hull and QPR) to avoid the drop but one surprise result from any of those teams next weekend changes everything.

I think the players have learnt their lesson since the United game not to get carried away.

Our run in isn't easy by any means. Burnley have an easier one in my opinion. I think we need to keep our fingers crossed that both Hull & Sunderland pick up only a few points each.

It is very easy to get carried away, yes, our games are winnable (including Chelsea) but they are games we can lose easily as well.

Our players & Pearson know this, we can't get carried away, we are in a very good position now and if we maintain this level of performance then we can do it.

If we beat Burnley this weekend I'll feel a lot more comfortable than I do now... If we lose, I'll be shitting myself.

I think the players have learnt their lesson since the United game not to get carried away.

Our run in isn't easy by any means. Burnley have an easier one in my opinion. I think we need to keep our fingers crossed that both Hull & Sunderland pick up only a few points each.

It is very easy to get carried away, yes, our games are winnable (including Chelsea) but they are games we can lose easily as well.

Our players & Pearson know this, we can't get carried away, we are in a very good position now and if we maintain this level of performance then we can do it.

If we beat Burnley this weekend I'll feel a lot more comfortable than I do now... If we lose, I'll be shitting myself.

The question is has Pearson learnt his lesson?

Let's not forget that it was he who changed our playing style after the Burnley game from a pressing, high energy game that we had employed with great effect the previous season.

He actually came out and said we had to match up other teams to nullify their threat (I paraphrase here) and all that happened was this move nullifying all that was good about OUR OWN game - which had shown it did work at the top level with the great start we had to this season.

What followed was months of defensive drudgery and us being cut adrift at the bottom of the PL. For months nothing material was ever done that would possibly turn our fortunes around until he has had no choice but to go gung ho.

I submit our current predicament is to a major extent Pearson changing the way we played. For all this diamond, 442, 353 bollox, the fact is there is a clear correlation to our playing well and us setting out to try and win games. For months we tried to 'stop the opposition' and we were absolutely shite. We were great last season, great the start of this, and now looking good again, by plain and simple playing to OUR strengths which have served is so well.

Now we have clearly made progress again, let's see if the penny has finally dropped, because we cannot play with the personnel we have, successfully at this level without an attacking positive outlook.

Archived