Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
casablancas

10 points from last 15

So out of a possible 15 points we've somewhat doggedly battled to 10 points from a possible 15. We've played on paper some very very strong teams which include; Spurs, West Ham and Swansea. No we've showed we have the passion and determination for a survival challenge. But what's also impressing me is the football we've started playing. Esteban clearly a dictating influence on the team and is a massive influence from what I can gather on and off the pitch. There's been a turn around in The form of Vardy, Nugent, King and Alrbrighton. We have begun playing with confidence and running at teams causing them no end of trouble I just wonder what's brought about the change. It's clear we've had more than our fair share of bad luck but that's not an excuse of languishing bottom of the league for best part of 5 months. I've never doubted Pearson and his influence on the club and his long term objective regarding financial stability, but some of his on and off field antics are more than questionable. Anyway I just wanna thank the club, the team and the owners and each and every fan who turns up week in week out for making this season what it is. Whatever comes I am truly proud to be Leicester through and through. I've no doubts that the lads have the ability and passion to pull it off.

The Hull match woke everyone up to our situation. We couldn't survive or even think about surviving with performances like that. The last four matches have seen a much quicker tempo and a more determined attitude to get at the opposition and keep going.

The formation isn't the issue, it's the style and pace we want to play at. Both with three and four at the back yesterday we looked to attack, get the ball wide and had flexibility.

There's still a hell of a lot of work to do but it's not just the wins that have given confidence, the performances, style and tactics are encouraging.

We've gone from playing some of the worst football of the season to the best by far in the space of a few weeks

Well yes there has been a few very poor games, but we've been putting in some very decent performances since just before Christmas. What many of them didn't yield was results, which can be contributed to a few different things.

We've had the rub of the green a little bit more, previously we got punished for every little mistake. The last three games we've not only taken some of our chances, the oppo have spurned a couple of decent ones as well. All of these things did seem to go against us before this run.

The tempo we've played at has been much higher, you can't single out individual players for that as it's collective. But I do think Albrighton adds to players who already play at a high tempo like Vardy, Nuge and Schlupp. Mahrez can be a quality player, but too often of late he's not been direct enough and often slowed things down, where as Albrighton has driven forward and got the ball in the box. Not forgetting some excellent defensive work as well, one fantastic piece of tracking back and tackling first half.

We've kept going for a win until the very end. Previously we might have sat back a little more to take a point earlier in the season, but now we need 3 points and not 1 so we've stayed on the front foot until the final whistle. 3 goals in 3 games all coming in the final few minutes have all been huge.

Pearson's tactics and decisions have all been spot on, often previously they have been a bit puzzling (I'm looking at the Stoke and Hull home games).

Seems they are turning reasonable performances into good performances and results. Teams at the top Chelsea, Arsenal Manure etc can play below form and still get results because of world class players. Those at the bottom cannot do that. They have to perform at their best every week. A big ask.

Just been looking for the run in thread. I know we have Burnley, Chelsea, Newcastle and QPR but not sure about the others. Is Sunderland another?

Seems they are turning reasonable performances into good performances and results. Teams at the top Chelsea, Arsenal Manure etc can play below form and still get results because of world class players. Those at the bottom cannot do that. They have to perform at their best every week. A big ask.

Just been looking for the run in thread. I know we have Burnley, Chelsea, Newcastle and QPR but not sure about the others. Is Sunderland another?

Sunderland and Southampton

Thanks what about the other teams around us? I'm hoping QPR are already relegated last game. They may put out a weakened team. But on the other hand teams playing anyone needing points may do the same. I know its in our own hands but the others can help by losing most of their remaining games. We just need to get above Hull and hope we perform better than the bottom three.

Thanks what about the other teams around us? I'm hoping QPR are already relegated last game. They may put out a weakened team. But on the other hand teams playing anyone needing points may do the same. I know its in our own hands but the others can help by losing most of their remaining games. We just need to get above Hull and hope we perform better than the bottom three.

if QPR are already down by the time we play them, they will be under no pressure and probably win, as many teams do in that situation. i hope we are safe by then regardless of their status. 

Once your fate has been decided, eg promoted, relegated or whatever teams often play with much greater freedom. And QPR already play some good stuff and create almost as many chances as anyone in the league.

I hope we don't need something from the game

We've scored in the last 5 minutes in each of the last three games.  Without those goals, we'd still be rooted to the bottom of the table.

I think its no coincidence that these results coincide with Cambiasso staying on the field and looking fit for the full 90 mins.  He sets such a good balance between positivity and calm right the way through to the final whistle.  Previously he'd look shattered after 70 mins and be subbed, but his fitness level seems to have risen recently and this is having a huge impact on our ability to close out games.

The intensity and pace we played with on Saturday was just frightening. Right from the off, it set the tempo for the whole game. And what's really pleasing is that, unlike a few months ago, we seem to have ideas against teams who sit back and aren't that expansive. The inability to do that in other games has cost us a lot imo.

I had written us off months ago, but the players heads never dropped, and now we have a real shot at staying up. We've put ourselves in a great position. With this momentum, and the fact(!) that we are better than almost all the teams around us, I think we'll have our safety confirmed before the last game of the season. Touch wood!

I think Huff has made the difference along with Vardy regaining confidence up front

Agreed. We now look much more organised at the back

The thread I was looking for is locked and on the third page. I have printed off the run in now. A couple of 6 pointers there. Hull have to play teams below them. Not sure about the best results for us. draws maybe? unless those below are already down.

2 wins and a draw from 6 games and we're safe, simple as that.

I wouldn't settle for that now.

3 wins against Burnley, Sunderland and another and I'll feel safe (ish).

I think we're underestimating the importance of a win against Burnley this week.

I wouldn't settle for that now.

3 wins against Burnley, Sunderland and another and I'll feel safe (ish).

I think we're underestimating the importance of a win against Burnley this week.

Burnley will be thinking exactly the same

Hopefully we turn up & match their incredible workrate, we're going to have to work incredibly hard to bring home 3 points

It's very different to playing 3 midtable-ish sides

Archived