Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

hamer off

Fair play to the lad.

And as for 'It's come from The Sun' would anyone seriously be surprised regardless of where it's come from? If I were him i'd be looking to get out, he's a decent keeper and not even getting a place on the bench - Simple assumption to make that he'll be off.

Credit where credit is due Kasper's come back in and seems to have improved from before his injury, but the way Hamer has been treated has been diabolical and cannot blame him for seeking a move elsewhere he simply isn't going to play here, he doesn't even get a place on the bench anymore and let's be honest he's much better than Schwarzer.

Is this as certain as you're making out or is it a gossipy article thrown in for a laugh?

Who p*ssed on your corn flakes?!

Following some great performances, I said when he was dropped for 'Scheisse' - why would he want to stay?

Credit where credit is due Kasper's come back in and seems to have improved from before his injury, but the way Hamer has been treated has been diabolical and cannot blame him for seeking a move elsewhere he simply isn't going to play here, he doesn't even get a place on the bench anymore and let's be honest he's much better than Schwarzer.

100% agree

Hamer had been our best keeper of the season when he was dropped. I wouldn't blame him for going. Schmeichel has been much improved since returning from injury but I have no reason to believe that Hamer wouldn't have been just as good. More than capable of being a starting keeper at this level and I hope somebody gives him a proper go.

Calling bullshit.

He's on a four year contract, came in as a number 2 'competition' for Kasper, he knew his role and knew he was coming in to a Premier League team as back-up.

I'm still under the impression that Hamer will eventually replace Kasper as number one - he's 27 and has another three years here to continue on his path and impress Stowell and co in training during the next pre-season. 

Kasper's done pretty well recently, and his clean sheet vs Swansea (although i'd credit the solid midfield performance and defending, and one awesome save) Kasper's not had many of the 0s - but he's definitely overvalued, and someone we can cash in without having to replace.

If Hamer ends up on loan or in a Conrad Logan role, it will be a major misjudgement of the goalkeeping coaching team, and club management. 

Calling bullshit.

He's on a four year contract, came in as a number 2 'competition' for Kasper, he knew his role and knew he was coming in to a Premier League team as back-up.

I'm still under the impression that Hamer will eventually replace Kasper as number one - he's 27 and has another three years here to continue on his path and impress Stowell and co in training during the next pre-season. 

Kasper's done pretty well recently, and his clean sheet vs Swansea (although i'd credit the solid midfield performance and defending, and one awesome save) Kasper's not had many of the 0s - but he's definitely overvalued, and someone we can cash in without having to replace.

If Hamer ends up on loan or in a Conrad Logan role, it will be a major misjudgement of the goalkeeping coaching team, and club management. 

Thing is he came in as a number 2 agreed, but he came in to deputise while Kasper was out, played well, impressed, got dropped for arguably no reason, got replaced by an old boy who made mistakes and wasn't dropped and now he isn't even a number 2, doesn't even get a place on the bench.

Add to that according to Bert that Pearson doesn't rate him and was 'fuming' (I'm sure that was a word that was used, I may be incorrect) with his 'mistake' v Tottenham and the rest is history.

He's been treated like shit.

I like Hamer, his coming for crosses really balanced our defence and made us looks more solid. I'd certainly have him over Schwarzer. However, was thinking, how many good saves can I actually remember him making? I can only think of the Stoke. Other than that it seems he's had clean sheets for being there, although as mentioned the command of the area was a big plus.

If ever there was such a thing as an attacking goalkeeper then Kasper is it, really puts us on the front foot.

Unfortunately his kicking got him dropped, it was well below acceptable standard. There was no excuse for Schwarzer being in ahead of him though.

I know I keep going on about it and I have admitted Kasper has improved since coming back but Kasper's kicking isn't all that much better you know, he can't kick straight for shit, drifts out for throws ins no end - It's the 1 problem I had with Kasper last season.

I know I keep going on about it and I have admitted Kasper has improved since coming back but Kasper's kicking isn't all that much better you know, he can't kick straight for shit, drifts out for throws ins no end - It's the 1 problem I had with Kasper last season.

Their distribution standards are polar opposites. Hamer put almost all his into touch against Stoke. Kasper has started a huge number of counter attacks for us with excellent kicking. It occasionally doesn't come off, of course, but he's miles ahead of Hamer's hit and hope.

Didn't think he was out of contract but I'd be happy to get rid of all 3 keepers. We need a better keeper as our main keeper.

Nobody knows how hes been treated? If NP said to him when he signed "listen you probably wont play at all this year" then the fact Hamers played is a bonus for him. Personally didnt think he shouldve been dropped but cant argue with NP's thinking behind Schwarzer

Thing is he came in as a number 2 agreed, but he came in to deputise while Kasper was out, played well, impressed, got dropped for arguably no reason, got replaced by an old boy who made mistakes and wasn't dropped and now he isn't even a number 2, doesn't even get a place on the bench.

Add to that according to Bert that Pearson doesn't rate him and was 'fuming' (I'm sure that was a word that was used, I may be incorrect) with his 'mistake' v Tottenham and the rest is history.

He's been treated like shit.

I can see Schwarzer going in to a coaching position at the club at the end of the season - one of Pearson's men.

But it has been unfortunate for Hamer, as someone mentioned (and I have a few times too,) he has terrible kicking which I think holds him back, needs major improvement on that. It's hard being out of favour with Pearson / coaching team, because you're not out of favour with the fans.

I think the Hamer situation will sort itself out in the summer, Schwarzer becoming a coach and Kasper possibly being sold off (he can't kick that well either.) Whatever happens Pearson needs to put his trust back in to Hamer like the fans have, it's shocking how he's been treated and seeing Schwarzer play pretty much like the third string keeper he is in the games he played for us, hard thing to swallow for all of us. Schwarzer's singing has to be the most ineffectual and unnecessary transfer in Pearson's tenure - since Futacs anyway.

Nobody knows how hes been treated? If NP said to him when he signed "listen you probably wont play at all this year" then the fact Hamers played is a bonus for him. Personally didnt think he shouldve been dropped but cant argue with NP's thinking behind Schwarzer

Had the opportunity to take an old friend and still capable Goalkeeper from Chelsea - with a long-term plan of coaching / passing on experience.

Just don't think Schwarzer's experience outweighed having Hamer in goal.

Archived