Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Next season who would you like to see come in?

Bring in a younger Cambiasso class player

Didn't realise we were planning on spending the whole £180m at once.

We've not finished anywhere near as many chances as we should have this year. Despite the late upturn in form we still have our moments, Vardy's chance yesterday for example with his over hit pass to Mahrez.

I think we need a striker who plays off the shoulder and is always looking to be in the box. I thought that might be Ulloa but it hasn't been, not that I question his value to this season.

I'd quite like Charlie Austin but I think his price tag would be signinficant. If NP could manage him well enough I'd take Deeney of Watford don't get automatic promotion.

I think it's our strongest position to be honest. Wouldn't be against signing somebody like Austin to replace Ulloa if we decided to

If NP is confident that Nugent and Vardy have finally adjusted and this isn't a purple patch then I agree, we should have enough. I'd just hate to be the January window looking round for a striker.

Hopefully Kramaric will benefit from a full pre season with us and will be a key feature for us next season.

This is a good point. The thing for me is, even when they're not scoring like they have been the last month or so, they both bring traits that make them effective. But I certainly hope to see them keep this level up and then go on to back it up next season.

I think something important for Kramaric would be to try gain a little muscle this summer. If he came back with another 15 lbs/~7 kg, I think it would make a big difference.

IF we stay up, and it remains a big if, we do need to sign a few more.

• Huth on a permanent. He's absolutely solidified the back four since he arrived and has quietly been one of our best signings.
  • Leon Goretzka from Schalke - a winger brimming with talent, still only 20 and not a permanent fixture in an excellent Schalke side. He probably wouldn't cost the earth, either.
  • Youri Tielemans from Anderlecht - only 17 and already watched by Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal. Hugely ambitious, but would be an enormous coup if we pulled it off. We'd probably be able to offer him more football than the other sides as well. It worked with Kramaric!
  • Ings if Burnley go down. He knows where the net is, has already made it clear that he'll only go where he can get regular football and has the potential to get better and better. Plus it'd seriously piss Gravel Throat off.
  • I would have liked Olsson as a new left back, but he's not pulled up any trees in the Championship for Norwich this season. Slightly surprised nobody's been in for Tyrone Mings yet, he's worth a look.

Depends on the budget.... We spent 20 million this year, I'd assume that'll increase by about 20%...

1. Ben Chilwell into the first team.
  2. Huth on a permanent (0-4Million?)
  3. Lucas Romero (10mill?)
  4. Jonjo Shelvey (8-10Mill?)
  5. Decent LB - no idea who
  6. Maybe sell or release one of our strikers and bring in a new one.
  7. New left winger

Depends on the budget.... We spent 20 million this year, I'd assume that'll increase by about 20%...

1. Ben Chilwell into the first team.
  2. Huth on a permanent (0-4Million?)
  3. Lucas Romero (10mill?)
  4. Jonjo Shelvey (8-10Mill?)
  5. Decent LB - no idea who
  6. Maybe sell or release one of our strikers and bring in a new one.
  7. New left winger

I can't see that happening - a downwards move for him.

Like the idea of Lucas Romero though, weren't Stoke looking at him a while back?

Do QPR, Burnley, Sunderland or Hull have any decent LB or RB?

Burnley have Trippier. I'd take him.

I can't see that happening - a downwards move for him.

Like the idea of Lucas Romero though, weren't Stoke looking at him a while back?

Burnley have Trippier. I'd take him.

Was a rumour that Palace and Stoke were in contention to sign him. Surprised he's not made a move to England or Europe in fact, looks an incredible prospect.

Schmeichel

Trippier - Huth - Caulker - Mings or Robertson

Mahrez - Cambiasso - James - Schlupp

Vardy

Kramaric

Schwarzer

De Laet

Morgan

Drinkwater

Albrighton

Ulloa

Ings or Austin

Would love that new defence but will completely rely on us staying up and who else goes down.

----------------------------------Valdes-------------------------------------------------

---Trippier--------------Huth------------Wasyl---------------New LB--------------

----------------------Cambiasso---------Romero----------------------------------------

--Mahrez------------------------Shelvey--------------------------------Albrighton-----

-------------------------------------------Kramaric-------------------------------------------

Kasper

Morgan

Schlupp

James

King

Nugent

Vardy

Be interesting to see what happens at west ham. New manager might mean new players and he'd be crazy to come to us as I think he's a top ten team player, but we'd be stupid not to go for cresswell....

If we stay up then Huth would be at the pinnacle of my list. I'd also give him or Cambiasso the armband. Another centre back and a left back would be the other priorities. Other than that I wouldn't rock the ship too much. I think we have more than enough quality throughout midfield and up top. 

Is there aome kind of kudos to be derived from naming Championship players with little or Prem experience? Look how long its taken our Championship players to acclimatise...we have to sign Huth if we stay up, you could take a chance on Bamford, Mings or Martin if you wanted but can we afford to go 6 months with them under-performing like Nugent, Vardy, Drinkwater, De Laet and Morgan?

If we stay up Cambiasso will stay...and we should keep Wasilweski, until Huths arrival he was easily out best CB.

Austin is a good call as long as we give him service.

I thought Montero was tidy yesterday.

Huth first and foremost.

Another PL centre back ideally - someone slightly younger than was and wes (I'd look to offload the latter if possible...)

A RB and a LB. Offload Simpson, and probably Konchesky too. If we get rid of Konchesky, put Chilwell on the bench.

A more consistent LW than Schlupp.

And, dependent on whether Cambiasso is playing for us next year or not, possibly another CM. Id like to see EC become a midfield coach for us to be honest, maybe in a player/coach role until January and sign someone new then, or get him working with some of the youth team (I.e. Hamza) until then.

And change the club captain. No idea who. Cambiasso would be ideal, but he doesn't seem to want it whenever Wes gets subbed... Possibly Andy king, as he's been here for donkeys years, but with a different matchday captain...

Huth - small fee // Stoke won't care too much.

Boyata - free // Leaving in the summer, part of MCFC's overhaul.

Caulker - 7m+ // Boom in QPRs inevitable financial doom. 

Adam - 4m // Been on the fringes at Stoke, very solid attacking and defensive midfielder, playmaker replacement for Cambi. Get's stuck in and I think he's undervalued.

Boyata is a good call.

If we offer him first team football - which we can, he's more likely to come.

Definitely a good player we can pick up on the cheap; hope our scouts and analytical department are running his stats.

•  Youri Tielemans from Anderlecht - only 17 and already watched by Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal. Hugely ambitious, but would be an enormous coup if we pulled it off. We'd probably be able to offer him more football than the other sides as well. It worked with Kramaric!
  •  

I love your ambition but we've got no chance.

Tielmans has already played 60 games for Anderlecht and made his Champions League debut at 16.

He's as good as a shoo in for being a world class player at some point and I'd imagine the bidding would start at £20,000,000. 

I'd love it if we could sign players of this ilk even if we sold them on for 40 mill in 2-3 years.

Huth first and foremost.

Another PL centre back ideally - someone slightly younger than was and wes (I'd look to offload the latter if possible...)

A RB and a LB. Offload Simpson, and probably Konchesky too. If we get rid of Konchesky, put Chilwell on the bench.

A more consistent LW than Schlupp.

And, dependent on whether Cambiasso is playing for us next year or not, possibly another CM. Id like to see EC become a midfield coach for us to be honest, maybe in a player/coach role until January and sign someone new then, or get him working with some of the youth team (I.e. Hamza) until then.

And change the club captain. No idea who. Cambiasso would be ideal, but he doesn't seem to want it whenever Wes gets subbed... Possibly Andy king, as he's been here for donkeys years, but with a different matchday captain...

I agree with all of this. Simpson, Konchesky and Morgan should be replaced. We must sign Huth or another centre-half as good as him. Hopefully, we can keep Cambiasso, but if not, we should look for another veteran who's played at the highest level like him, as his experience is vital.

I don't think there's a need for that many signings if we can stay up. I think we're fine for strikers, and the midfield is ok. It will be interesting to see which Drinkwater we get next season. If we get last season's back, it will be like a new signing, but if we get this season's, we might have to dip into the market. There might be room for another winger.

My list would be:

Huth (or similar)

Another CB

LB

RB

maybe a midfielder

Archived