Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Almost went unnoticed - 100 Club: Jamie Vardy

Just my opinion but I think the resurgence of Vardy has been possibly the biggest impact on the current form.

Not only re. Goals and shots on target, but more because he's doing that pesky thing of running EVERYTHING down.

He is once more giving the opposition defence no time to play.

To some extent this actually underpinned last season's success, or at least was a big factor.

And I think it's making a big difference again. This 'defending from the front' scenario I think is reaping benefits once more. Why? Because we are unless less pressure than we would be if we sat deep.

Just my opinion but I think the resurgence of Vardy has been possibly the biggest impact on the current form.

Not only re. Goals and shots on target, but more because he's doing that pesky thing of running EVERYTHING down.

To some extent this actually underpinned last season's success, or at least was a big factor.

And I think it's making a big difference again. This 'defending from the front' scenario I think is reaping benefits once more. Why? Because we are unless less pressure than we would be if we sat deep.

My thoughts too .

Vardy is keeping us up.

Col posts sense and uses no smileys?! Holy pissflaps

I don't think anybody else at the club could have scored that goal against West Brom, and it summed him up nicely. Workrate to put the opposition under pressure, strength to get away, pace to bear down on goal and then composure and finishing skills to drill it into the bottom corner. His finishing is massively underrated.

One of the first names on the team sheet for me atm.

Totally agree Col. You can say what you want about his finishing but his energy, pace and chasing down is something no defender will want to deal with. He also pops up with some important goals. Absolute steal for £1m. Pearson's best ever bit of business?

Remember how poor he was when he first signed? The improvement has been phenomenal. Credit has to go too the coaching team and pearson

He actually started reasonably well - scored a few and took part in a number of team goals. Only tailed off later into the season.

He actually started reasonably well - scored a few and took part in a number of team goals. Only tailed off later into the season.

The thing with vardy is, without his pace he is non league standard. A bit like Lloyd dyer. I imagine vardy has 3 years ar the top, then his career is pretty much over.

Agreed Col.

As I've said all season tempo, pressing and positivity is the key to our success and Vardy epitomises that.

The thing with vardy is, without his pace he is non league standard. A bit like Lloyd dyer. I imagine vardy has 3 years ar the top, then his career is pretty much over.

I think he's a much more intelligent footballer than you give him credit for. His link up play with Nuge is usually fantastic.

His finishing is massively underrated.

I wouldn't go that far.

Its deservedly the worst part of his game.

The illusion is that when he does finish its usually drilled with precision and great technique.

He misses a lot of decent opportunities and also is sometimes a bit too unselfish when he gets himself into great positions.

My favourite Vardy goal (to watch) was his one against Barnsley last season.

He just jogged past the defender and slotted it in the bottom corner from the edge of the area. But he did it with so much class.

One of his better games in a City shirt, too.

Archived