Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Free Falling Foxes

Claridge & Savage just had a pop at Kermogant on 5live

Which, in a way, supports the point being made.....Surely, at such a critical moment, your 'player of the season' and all your other 'senior pros' should be busting a gut to step up and volunteer !!  By rights, even Waggy, given his youth, shouldn't have been saddled with the pressure of being in the first five that night....

I didn't, and won't, demand for a player to take responsibility.

I do, however, demand that a player realises the significance and the implications of his actions. Kermorgant pissed on every one of us and his colleagues.

His actions were that of a child as they have been in our encounters with him since. The fact that he hasn't even apologised makes him a ****ing scumbag.

Cant ever blame a penalty taker. He put himself down as one of the kick takers, and took it exactly how he felt comfortable. It was executed poorly, but he still missed the same as Waghorn, no difference there. He wouldve wanted it to go in just as much as us.

You can tell he dislikes leicester (fans) though now, always unbelivably fired up when he plays us and usually has a stormer!

Completely disagree. 

Just because someone volunteers to take one doesn't mean they can act recklessly with it. There is some responsibility that comes with it. You aren't just completely absolved from any blame because you stepped up to take it. If you're going to chip it you've got to get it damn right. If you take the risky option and spectacularly cock it up (ala Kermorgant) then expect to receive massive abuse for it. You know that when you choose to chip it. 

It's easy to forgive someone who makes an honest mistake when choosing a sensible option. It's not so easy to forget a guy chipping it so badly the keeper has time to dive one way, land on the floor, effectively half get up and move back to save the ball. It was horrendous. 

Apologize for missing a penalty lol  The state of some people!

Really never felt much animosity towards Kermogant. Shame he never really got more of a run as he's showing he's a very decent player.

Kermogant was a frustrating player before he missed the penalty, the miss just epitomised his time here. I don't/didn't hate him but he was pretty shit for us in general.

Completely disagree. 

Just because someone volunteers to take one doesn't mean they can act recklessly with it. There is some responsibility that comes with it. You aren't just completely absolved from any blame because you stepped up to take it. If you're going to chip it you've got to get it damn right. If you take the risky option and spectacularly cock it up (ala Kermorgant) then expect to receive massive abuse for it. You know that when you choose to chip it. 

It's easy to forgive someone who makes an honest mistake when choosing a sensible option. It's not so easy to forget a guy chipping it so badly the keeper has time to dive one way, land on the floor, effectively half get up and move back to save the ball. It was horrendous.

Completely agree. It's like offering to help a 90 year old lady across the road but dicking around on your phone while crossing and in doing, the lady is hit by a bus while you stroll on oblivious. "It's alright, at least I offered to help"

Completely agree. It's like offering to help a 90 year old lady across the road but dicking around on your phone while crossing and in doing, the lady is hit by a bus while you stroll on oblivious. "It's alright, at least I offered to help"

its not like that really though is it?

He wasn't that bad, did ok in the air.

Think the chip is a cultural thing. It's a common tactic abroad but seen as cheeky over here. I wouldn't apologise for missing a penalty either.

Even our own players regularly tell our fans to fvck off (and the manager).

He'd have been a good replacement for Howard if Pearson stayed.

Apologize for missing a penalty lol  The state of some people!

Really never felt much animosity towards Kermogant. Shame he never really got more of a run as he's showing he's a very decent player.

Did I say he should apologise for missing?

Or did I say that he should apologise for dicking about at the most important moment of the season?

Learn to read before you say "the state of some people".

Note how I have no animosity towards Waghorn or Knockaert.

I didn't, and won't, demand for a player to take responsibility.

I do, however, demand that a player realises the significance and the implications of his actions. Kermorgant pissed on every one of us and his colleagues.

His actions were that of a child as they have been in our encounters with him since. The fact that he hasn't even apologised makes him a ****ing scumbag.

He took it te way he felt comfortable and got it wrong, same as waghorn - why the **** should Yann apologise and not Waghorn? As for it making him a ****ing scumbag - grow up you petulant little brat

Did I say he should apologise for missing?

Or did I say that he should apologise for dicking about at the most important moment of the season?

Learn to read before you say "the state of some people".

Note how I have no animosity towards Waghorn or Knockaert.

How have you come to the conclusion he was 'dicking about'?

He obviously thought it was the best way to score a penalty, as many players do, he failed to excecute it properly. That's it.

How have you come to the conclusion he was 'dicking about'?

He obviously thought it was the best way to score a penalty, as many players do, he failed to excecute it properly. That's it.

He was attempting something way beyond his capabilities as a footballer. Hence the anger from the fans that he wasn't taking the situation seriously enough.

He went into that penalty obviously saying to himself, "I will look soooo cool if I can chip this in, and if I miss, who gives a fvck??"

That's a dictionary definition of 'dicking about'.

I'm sure he was taking it seriously ffs. He tried to score and didn't, that's it. I bet Waghorn was as well but he still missed. It's a damn shame Kermorgant didn't miss his spot kick in a more agreeable fashion, telegraphed effort saved by the keeper, maybe even blaze it over the bar or something, that would have been far more acceptable.

Anyway, it was ridiculous how he was hounded out of the club for simply missing a penalty whereas I had to watch Waghorn for long after that game try and play football at a level that was "way beyond HIS capabilites as a footballer".

its not like that really though is it?

Well no in that it's not the same type of responsibility, but yes in that I'd argue in both situations if you put yourself forward for the task, you should actually bother to try. His chip was ridiculously lazy, it didn't look like nerves just "what the hell, this might work". It was the worst option, if in doubt just belt it

I don't like it either. I'm from the school of Shearer penalty taking. Just run up and blast it as hard as possible towards the corner. But I'm glad you mentioned the Pirlo penalty. Everyone raved him up and made him sound like he was class just doing that. he would have looked like a muppet if he had missed, and that exactly is my point with the Kermogant penalty. Watching it still makes me angry, but I guarantee most people would have loved it if that went in. 

There is one key difference between Pirlos chip and Kermits, Kermit actually sold Marshall it's just that his execution was that poor he had time to readjust and save. If he'd of chipped it properly it was a goal. I've read Pirlos book and he explains why he did what he did, he felt it was the best way to guarantee getting the ball past Joe Hart.

No problam with chipped pens myself they actually have a very high success rate. It's just a shit penalty, you can take shit penaltys blasting the ball if you blast it wide.

TBH I couldn't really give a shit about Yann Kermogant anymore he's done well for himself, we are exactly were most of our fans want us to be, we all make mistakes, but then I apperciate some people love to be bitter on here so carry on.

It depend's what went through Kermogant's head as prepared to take the penalty.

You have to work out the percentages and conclude what's the best chance of scoring.

I liked the Shearer type penalties. Struck with power in the top corner he took the GK out of the equation, GK's just don't save them. However his chances of missing the target are increased but he's confident in his own ability to hit the target.

Then you get the type of penalty that's hit low in the corner without too much pace. Usually taken by a non regular penalty taker in a penalty shoot out. They hit the target 99% of the time but if the GK dives the right way then he's probably about 60% to save it.

If Kermogant spotted the Cardiff GK was always diving and going slightly early then the chip in the middle of the goal is a viable option. You're almost certain to hit the target and by the time it hits the net the GK is six feet away from it. It's a better option than just trying to score on one of the bottom corners but not having the confidence to put your foot through it.

I wouldn't criticise him for his miss if this was his thought process as it's logical. If he was just trying to show off then he deserves all the criticism he gets and was rightly hounded out of the club. Only he will know what went through his mind before he took it though.

From Yanns brother.

Yeah, because clearly, if someone thinks that making an honest mistake, when clearly trying to do what he's comfortable with, then clearly they should be crucified. And if anyone thinks that it's just a simple mistake, then clearly they must be related to them.

Is the sarcasm clear enough?

Archived