Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Bournemouth Promoted To Premier League

A good away weekend. Always told the missus too far to drive in one day at my age!

Pleased for Yann, forgave him for his pen a long time ago, hope he enjoys his season (or two) in the prem.

Nice club, decent manager, good luck to them.

They'll make a nice change to the normal Premiership group of teams. Need to flash some cash though, as do every team coming up. 

The advantage we may have for a change is that if we stay up we'll have more of a chance getting decent players than them. 

Also, congrats if they're reading this. 

They'll make a nice change to the normal Premiership group of teams. Need to flash some cash though, as do every team coming up. 

The advantage we may have for a change is that if we stay up we'll have more of a chance getting decent players than them. 

Also, congrats if they're reading this. 

Not sure they will have to, they play great football and score loads of goals as long as they keep that playing mentality I don't see why they can't do a swansea.

Genuinely think they'll do alright next year, despite being a 'smaller' club.

Think I heard something about them ground sharing with Southampton because their ground isn't up to the prem apparently. Hope that's not the case.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if all 3 of the promoted sides stay up next year, with the 3 teams escaping relegation from Hull, Sunderland, villa and Newcastle (providing we also survive...) going down.

Howe has done a terrific job, got a bit of a soft spot for them, hope they do well next year. Amazing to think they were 21st in League 2 only 6 years ago and have risen through the ranks without spending shedloads of money. An away game I would defo love to get to (presuming we stay up, of course!)

Very much Howe's team and he's worked wonders for them, suggested signing Wilson last summer and reckon he'll do a job in the Prem. Great club and I hope they're here to stay.

So glad they are set to go up. I had them to go up in auto's with f**est (as bro supports them) but watdinese will do. Good club and lovely place in the summer in bournemouth. Played many gigs there so fond memories :)

Just had a thought. Lloydy went to watford after we went up. Ge then goes to birmingham and watdinese go up.

Poor bugger

Not sure they will have to, they play great football and score loads of goals as long as they keep that playing mentality I don't see why they can't do a swansea.

Bournemouth's style is very different to Swansea's. Not nearly as possession-based; more we'll outscore the opposition. Swansea were very well set up to do well at this level on playing style alone. I don't think Bournemouth are but they have an excellent manager and a bit of money so I see no reason why they can't give it a good go at least.

What do we think of Eddie Howe? I seem to remember him doing well at Burnley and I thought he was a good young prospect back then now he's done this with Bournemouth. Seems to have gone under the radar of other Champ teams and bottom half Prem teams.

Would they be the smallest club (however you care to define that) to play in the Premier league / top flight in modern era?

They won't be far off. Swindon might push them for that. Wigan probably the smallest, actually.

Archived