Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

de laet

Personally I thought Huth being replaced by De Laet spelt trouble.

Unfortunately, it did.

Huth is crucial to this team.

DeLaet, defensively, is nowhere near as astute or composed.

I really hope we have Huth back for Saturday.

I agree Huth is the better CB. But can't slate De Laet tonight. Block after block, clearance after clearance. If we are going to pick fault at the back there were two others who should get way more stick that De Laet

Morgan was the one who lost his man for the second goal.

Agree completely. Just saw the replays, and actually Kasper had to scream at Morgan to mark his man Cahill on the goal line and before Morgan got into place he slipped and ups a goal. Sorry but he has cost a lot this season the captain:!

honestly never understood what was wrong with de laet all season (and last season when people criticised too). people genuinely wanted Simpson to play instead ;p

I agree. Apart from getting caught up occasionally, he hasn't done much wrong since he has been with us. An excellent signing. We have bigger problems on the other side of our defence

Personally I thought Huth being replaced by De Laet spelt trouble.

Unfortunately, it did.

Huth is crucial to this team.

DeLaet, defensively, is nowhere near as astute or composed.

I really hope we have Huth back for Saturday.

Maybe not but he played out of his skin tonight. Maybe it's the role he's got? He showed tonight he can track, mark, cover, intercept.

Very underrated player is RDL.

Blisteringly quick, loves to get forward and increasingly good defensively. He's been unfairly maligned and, if we stay up and buy a new RB, I'd ship out Simpson long before him.

Very underrated player is RDL.

Blisteringly quick, loves to get forward and increasingly good defensively. He's been unfairly maligned and, if we stay up and buy a new RB, I'd ship out Simpson long before him.

Would anyone not do that? He's good enough to start I think but I would want an improvement if we're looking at mid-table.

De Laet has his good games & his bad games, he has always been that type of player. Against Chelsea though he was bloody outstanding, that right side was the best thing about us in my opinion, and I'd also say De Laet & Albrighton joint MOTM for me.

he's always been good going forward. It's his defence that is the problem occasionally. Again he isn't helped by the midfield/wingers. I'd still like to upgrade him and keep him as the backup getting rid of the disaster Danny Simpson.

On the whole this season he has been poor

Tonight was his best game for us by a country mile

No he has not, his bad games have been when he has had no cover at all on the right side or just Mahrez which is much the same thing defensively.

It was laughable the amount of people on here clamouring for the inclusion of Simpson, How many want him in the team now.

No he has not, his bad games have been when he has had no cover at all on the right side or just Mahrez which is much the same thing defensively.

It was laughable the amount of people on here clamouring for the inclusion of Simpson, How many want him in the team now.

BS

So all the other full backs in the PL get cover all of the time ? 

Neither him or DS are PL fullbacks end of story

How can people think he was immense?!

The problem with De Laet is he always dives in for the tackle when in reality positioning is more important than tackling. That's Guadiola's philosophy and he proved it works. Pique said that learning that positioning is more important at Barcelona transformed his career.

The first goal - De Laet tries to dive in infront of Drogba to get the ball, misses it, he's now no longer goal side so Drogba scores.

Also when Willian crossed it to Fabregas, De Laet tried to dive in to block the ball and missed it so fabregas had a perfect goal scoring chance but he didn't anticipate De Laet would miss it. 

People only like him because he makes tackles, but he sacrifices his defensive positioning to do that. So when he doesn't get the ball, it creates a massive opening in defence (another example is when Ben Mee got passed him into the box at Burnley).

How can people think he was immense?!

The problem with De Laet is he always dives in for the tackle when in reality positioning is more important than tackling. That's Guadiola's philosophy and he proved it works. Pique said that learning that positioning is more important at Barcelona transformed his career.

The first goal - De Laet tries to dive in infront of Drogba to get the ball, misses it, he's now no longer goal side so Drogba scores.

Also when Willian crossed it to Fabregas, De Laet tried to dive in to block the ball and missed it so fabregas had a perfect goal scoring chance but he didn't anticipate De Laet would miss it. 

People only like him because he makes tackles, but he sacrifices his defensive positioning to do that. So when he doesn't get the ball, it creates a massive opening in defence (another example is when Ben Mee got passed him into the box at Burnley).

Made some crucial interceptions and tackles, positioning was generally good. Also remember him tracking back 60 odd yards into our box when they broke down the right wing, caught up to Drogba, got goalside of him and intercepted the ball when he was the last resort. Had a very good game.

BS

So all the other full backs in the PL get cover all of the time ? 

Neither him or DS are PL fullbacks end of story

They rarely get isolated against quality opponents like he did early in the season,right from the first game against Pienaar and Baines.

I don't think anyone is making a case he is top class but some of us think he can hold his own and I thought he was excellent last night.

You are entitled to your opinion even if wrong.!

Archived