Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Funny things Schlupp did

I don't think I've ever seen a pro footballer that lives in such a dreamland as Jeff. He's a purely instinctual player.

I recall him running at their full back late in yesterday's game and thinking, 'only Jeff can do that in our side' (where he won a corner by skinning the player). Then he did something completely random and I thought 'only Jeff can do that in our side'.

lol

Not really "funny things Schlupp did" but probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen at a football match was during the Schlupp's mercifully brief spell at #10 today.

After a here to very ineffective 10 minutes or so in that role involving the usual surging pace and irregular touch of Schlupp's usual play (but concentrated into a far smaller area than usual), the ball was played into him 35 yards from goal and with nobody at his back and a good 10 yards of space to run into.

As he controlled the ball it seemed the whole Kop cried in unison "TUUUUURN". Never heard anything like it before at the football. Jeff took 2 or 3 touches and laid it off the direction he was facing.

Don't ever change.

Same, can't remember anything like it before. And for him to then completely ignore the crowd and do his own thing lol

For all the triers, grafters and flair players you have, Schlupp is needed because no-one has a clue what he'll do in the same move and it will pay off at times.

Or it could have been the bit where he was on the left wing near the end with a great opportunity to counter, and rather than putting in his usual burst of pace, he literally turned around and ran around in a circle with the ball (before losing it).

That was Kante you racist bastard!

Imagine how dangerous he'd be if he was switched on for the full 90 minutes instead of spending large periods of time in dreamland. 

I love watching Schlupp but I swear every game I say "Jeff's dreaming again!" while he just stands there and watches the ball go by. 

Jeff don't ever change :) theres always that split second where you realise his brain is engaging and a look like he's woken from a dream of being a great footballer to realise he's playing football, followed by a look of confusion/panic just before one of his moments happens :)

Jeff don't ever change :) theres always that split second where you realise his brain is engaging and a look like he's woken from a dream of being a great footballer to realise he's playing football, followed by a look of confusion/panic just before one of his moments happens :)

I think he is a football android  .....   and the real Jeff Schlupp was eaten by a big seed pod thing under his bed.

There was a moment in the last 10 when we were under pressure where he stood in no mans land for a good 3 minutes not marking, not getting in a good position to break. Just simply taking a breather. Can't believe we kept him on for the 90, poor lad looked exhausted

Archived