Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hornyhollthefox123

Danny Simpson Guilty - Avoids Jail

That's the problem! The club are allowing someone who has been convicted of a violence related crime to carry on playing for the club. I'm sorry but how can we just sit back and think that's fine. Forget all what has happened in the past - should he really be involved with a club who prides itself on being a "family club". IT's this assumption from the clubs fans are too daft to remember things such as this. Im not normally vocal on these sort of things. I'm seriously starting to feel quite detached from the owners, directors and the club.

Answers are needed.

The club are showing loyalty to an employee while he appeals and could still be found not guilty. There's your answer.

The club are showing loyalty to an employee while he appeals and could still be found not guilty. There's your answer.

But that's not what the club said in the mirror article on the 22/05/2015 - can't link on my phone. They've changed their mind without any notification as to why!

The man has been found guilty and sentenced. While he chooses to appeal and the club "investigate" surely he should be near the first team?

So I do not have my answer - that's my point.

That's the problem! The club are allowing someone who has been convicted of a violence related crime to carry on playing for the club. I'm sorry but how can we just sit back and think that's fine. Forget all what has happened in the past - should he really be involved with a club who prides itself on being a "family club". IT's this assumption from the clubs fans are too daft to remember things such as this. Im not normally vocal on these sort of things. I'm seriously starting to feel quite detached from the owners, directors and the club.

Answers are needed.

I think you should carry on with your life and let him carry on with his.

Why are you trying to meddle in someone else's career?

The courts will deal with him, you get your head down and worry about yourself.

Clever minds talk about ideas

Average minds talk about events

Poor minds talk about people

As I have said in the Mansfield match thread the fact he seems so involved in pre season, featuring (Starting!) games to me seems like he is very involved with the 1st team, the situation doesn't look like someone who is appealing against being found guilty and that he'll be sacked anytime soon pending any investigation.

That team v Mansfield, especially the back line is made up of what you'd assume are fringe players. Chilwell has started and I doubt he'll be starting games right at the start of the season. The club are just, as someone else has said, standing by a player who is currently appealing, if he's not found guilty after the appeal he'll need to be ready having had a decent preseason, because like it or not until we find a replacement he's our second choice right back. Would be incredibly stupid not to use the opportunity to build up the fitness of a player we may need to call in during the season. What would you rather, leave him out in case we sack him and then not sack him and him not have the benefit of a decent preseason?

Ok, let me simplify what I am asking here on a public forum.

Not that Simpson should be sacked Blah blah. More so, as to why the club seem to have departed from the a course of action. The crime commitment and convicted of is quite serious. Especially for someone in the public eye. While the facts do not suggest that it was very violent it still falls with that category of matter that could and is close to people's hearts. As an establishment in the public domain they have responsibilities far greater in terms of setting the right example than a business or individual in the "real world".

If Simpson is not guilty we should wholeheartedly support him and hope he can get the conviction quashed. However, the club should set the right example and ensure the internal investigations are carried out correctly. They maybe doing so but saying one thing and doing another is my issue - the out come of the trial or the investigations are irrelevant to me. So in terms of opinion Id suggest you read through points which have been made before assuming issues.

But that's not what the club said in the mirror article on the 22/05/2015 - can't link on my phone. They've changed their mind without any notification as to why!

The man has been found guilty and sentenced. While he chooses to appeal and the club "investigate" surely he should be near the first team?

So I do not have my answer - that's my point.

They said he wouldn't play for the first team and he hasn't. That statement doesn't say he won't be training and playing in friendlies. If he turns out not guilty would you want him match fit or not? (ok, imagine he was actually a decent player for that question). Makes perfect sense to keep him involved while his legal case is ongoing.

Ok, let me simplify what I am asking here on a public forum.

Not that Simpson should be sacked Blah blah. More so, as to why the club seem to have departed from the a course of action. The crime commitment and convicted of is quite serious. Especially for someone in the public eye. While the facts do not suggest that it was very violent it still falls with that category of matter that could and is close to people's hearts. As an establishment in the public domain they have responsibilities far greater in terms of setting the right example than a business or individual in the "real world".

If Simpson is not guilty we should wholeheartedly support him and hope he can get the conviction quashed. However, the club should set the right example and ensure the internal investigations are carried out correctly. They maybe doing so but saying one thing and doing another is my issue - the out come of the trial or the investigations are irrelevant to me. So in terms of opinion Id suggest you read through points which have been made before assuming issues.

Even if he is guilty it does not mean he loses his job. In fact he will probably take us to the cleaners if we were to sack him as it was nothing to do with his employment.

Like I said, let him get on with his career and the courts will deal with it.

Even if he is guilty it does not mean he loses his job. In fact he will probably take us to the cleaners if we were to sack him as it was nothing to do with his employment.

Like I said, let him get on with his career and the courts will deal with it.

Well not neccesarily. That depends on the Employment contract and the situation surrounding the event. It also depends on the disclosure of events prior to him entering the contract.

However, this is more about the club setting the right example. Why make a statement promising one thing than doing another. That's my issue - anyway, they chose to change it. It was up to them or they completed the internal investigation. Found nothing worth noting and chose not to release this to the public.

Well not neccesarily. That depends on the Employment contract and the situation surrounding the event. It also depends on the disclosure of events prior to him entering the contract.

However, this is more about the club setting the right example. Why make a statement promising one thing than doing another. That's my issue - anyway, they chose to change it. It was up to them or they completed the internal investigation. Found nothing worth noting and chose not to release this to the public.

Why are you trying your best to want this guy to get sacked?

It's obvious they will investigate it, ask him a few questions and it unless it was in company time, the club cannot do anything about it.

You say it depends on his contract, but whatever his contract it will be impossible for the club to have a case against a domestic dispute. Get real, how the hell would a club even manage to put that in a contract, and if they did, I am pretty sure it would not stand up in court.

Leave him alone, get on with your life and stop trying to cause a problem for somebody else.

Always found those that are constantly looking at how other people live and their problems mean they don't concentrate on their own.

Really annoys me when people try and get others in trouble, even when it's quite obvious this doesn't have anything to do with his employment and Leicester City.

Looks to me that you are missing the Thai scandal and want something else to dig your teeth into.

As I've said before, why would the club give him any preferential treatment? Why would they be desperate to keep him?

We're told that everything they do is to protect the King Power brand, how does this help that? 

As I've said before, why would the club give him any preferential treatment? Why would they be desperate to keep him?

We're told that everything they do is to protect the King Power brand, how does this help that?

You can't sack someone for an activity outside work. It's as simple as that

I agree, I'm just wondering why people are looking for some sort of conspiracy in this. It's obviously a legal issue.

Well that's bullshit if ever I read it. Think about what you're actually saying for christ sake. Have you ever heard of a discloseable offence?

Why are you trying your best to want this guy to get sacked?

It's obvious they will investigate it, ask him a few questions and it unless it was in company time, the club cannot do anything about it.

You say it depends on his contract, but whatever his contract it will be impossible for the club to have a case against a domestic dispute. Get real, how the hell would a club even manage to put that in a contract, and if they did, I am pretty sure it would not stand up in court.

Leave him alone, get on with your life and stop trying to cause a problem for somebody else.

Always found those that are constantly looking at how other people live and their problems mean they don't concentrate on their own.

Really annoys me when people try and get others in trouble, even when it's quite obvious this doesn't have anything to do with his employment and Leicester City.

Looks to me that you are missing the Thai scandal and want something else to dig your teeth into.

Are you that naive that an opinion of one person or maybe a couple would lead to the club or any organisation to change the course of action that they have chosen to undertake?? Seriously, grow up!

I really hope your not an employer - you wouldn't incorporate those exact words into a contract you can however incorporate wording to the effect which protects actions outside of work which may be in the public domain Blah blah - so do not make statements on things you are quite clearly not an expert.

Finally, your opinion on something is exactly that, an opinion! If your opinion differs to someone else. Do not reply and maybe the issue you feel is there will disapear?? A post was opened up and guess what I gave my two cents worth. Just like every other person in this thread. The problem here is someone such as you is so daft and blinded by your own opinion you feel the need to attack others who's opinion differs to your own.

Show a bit a intelligence - things tend to resolve themselves - newsflash bright spark no one cares what your or anyone else's opinion is on things. But guess what - people are still going to have one!

Are you that naive that an opinion of one person or maybe a couple would lead to the club or any organisation to change the course of action that they have chosen to undertake?? Seriously, grow up!

I really hope your not an employer - you wouldn't incorporate those exact words into a contract you can however incorporate wording to the effect which protects actions outside of work which may be in the public domain Blah blah - so do not make statements on things you are quite clearly not an expert.

Finally, your opinion on something is exactly that, an opinion! If your opinion differs to someone else. Do not reply and maybe the issue you feel is there will disapear?? A post was opened up and guess what I gave my two cents worth. Just like every other person in this thread. The problem here is someone such as you is so daft and blinded by your own opinion you feel the need to attack others who's opinion differs to your own.

Show a bit a intelligence - things tend to resolve themselves - newsflash bright spark no one cares what your or anyone else's opinion is on things. But guess what - people are still going to have one!

Show a bit of intelligence????

Grow up??

I wouldn't normally say this, but come back when you lived a bit and achieved a bit lad.

Your view on this shows you are more than naive

Is your mind begging for spare change then?

Show a bit of intelligence????

Grow up??

I wouldn't normally say this, but come back when you lived a bit and achieved a bit lad.

Your view on this shows you are more than naive

I feel bored by my own repeated post as I feel like I'm repeating myself! The irony in your response has left me dumbfounded.

Let's look at it chronologically. The club (at their own wish) decided to release a statement into the public domain regarding Simpson's situation. A few months later the reality differs from what was promised or suggested in that course of action. Subsequently a post appeared on foxestalk which related to this. Hence, the matter is in the public domain. I entitled to my own opinion questioned It and the manner in which it seems to have been swept under the carpet (it may not have been but actions speak louder then words) I have also said that if Simpson has been wrongly convicted the club, fans and other interested parties should support him unreservedly. The matter of fact is, we are a premier league club and situations such as these should be dealt with property with a correct and agreed course of action.

Your opinion on my "naivety" or life achievements are yours. What I have or have not done in my life at this point are yours. I do not wish to list them nor do I feel the need to. I do however have the right to express an opinion without defaming the individual or club involved.

I again will stress that a multimillion pound company will not be swayed in their decision making by the posts of one or two others. In the same way neither will the employment tribunal in your lack of knowledge regarding the principle of gross misconduct. If the club did make a decision predominantly based on public opinion and without taking the correct procedures than yes the club could be taken to the cleaners.

I will however state that while Danny Simpson has a conviction pendin appeal after his name he should a) be allowed to train at the club but preferably with the reserves and b) a full investigation should be undertaken by the club under proper ACAS procedures to set the right example given the clubs public profile ambitions. The club may have already undertaken these choices and not communicated the same to the public.

Therefore I believe all incidents are equally important and do have an effect on Leicester City FC given the need for a succesful public profile as well as a succesful team.

I like everyone else am entitled to an opinion and I do apologies if this resulted in you determining any form

Of malice on my part. I will however stress I am not part of any decision making at the club. I also have no intention. Of commenting further on what should or should not be done on the situation. I also have no intention of taking it further to create a wave of public opinion to result in public pressure you seem so concerned with. Believe me I do not have the influence to do that nor are any of post directed be in indirectly or directly structured in that manner.It is more an opinion on how I would like the club I support to communicate with the fans (in some form the stakeholders) who have some form of care of how the club operates.

I would suggest in future rather than assuming the intention of someone you present your arguments with reason and thereafter while not accepting another point of view respect that other points of view are just that, another point of view.

For the avoidance of doubt - my criticism regarding the situation is related more so to the clubs lack of communication rather than the position of Danny Simpson. I was not involved in the criminal procedures nor the subsequent investigation (if any) I do not condone not encourage the sacking, conviction or discipline of any person, player or official.

I really do need to get out more and spend my Sunday doing more productive things than commenting on a forum.

Archived