Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

Manager Of the Year....Winner

Chelsea: Jose Mourinho and Eden Hazard win award double

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has been named Barclays Premier League manager of the season for the third time.

In his second spell at the club, the Portuguese, 52, guided Chelsea to their first Premier League title in five years and a League Cup success.

Blues midfielder Eden Hazard, who scored 20 goals for the champions, was named player of the season,

It adds to his Professional Footballers' Association and Football Writers' Association awards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32841764

Koemann should have got it for me.

Jose has all the money any manager could ever need at his disposal and he builds one of the most boring title winning sides ever. I think when you spend the amount of money they have over the years the style in which you win should count for something. Otherwise, there's no point in having awards like these.

Jose has all the money any manager could ever need at his disposal and he builds one of the most boring title winning sides ever. I think when you spend the amount of money they have over the years the style in which you win should count for something. Otherwise, there's no point in having awards like these.

This - I totally agree!

he has the players to suit that boring system.

he knows they just have to be hard to beat because no one else is consistently good enough to challenge them over the length of a season.

A sterner test is the euro elite league, in which he failed.

Guest MattP

Koeman for me as well, a side tipped for relegation that managed to qualify for Europe. How was Pardew not nominated as well? If Hull go down on Sunday he will have kept two sides up in a season.

Think just giving it to the title winner is a bit boring to be honest, I doubt any half decent manager wouldn't have won the league with that squad.

It's a fair result.

Just beating relegation should not be seen as being better than the 13-15 managers above you...

It's a fair winner for me

But don't talk nonsense about better job, when all managers above are established and benefitted from £100m+ TV money & investment of tens of millions into their teams over preceding years.

Pearson is actually one of the few managers to hit their targets this season alongside Mourinho, LVG, Monk, Koeman, Hughes & Pardew

I don’t get why people think Chelsea are boring. The problem this season is that they have been so far ahead of everybody else that the title race has been boring. But that’s not Jose’s fault.

I watched part of the Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea game and both teams equally nullified the game. But, as the home team, Arsenal should have been pushing for the win. Why should Chelsea attack when a draw is a much better result for them? Plus 3 Arsenal players were booked for hacking down Chelsea players trying to counter-attack.

Hazard, Fabregas and Willian. Chelsea aren’t boring they are just clinical.

Jose could've made QPR look a half-decent side, he's a great manager and by far the best in the league. I think critics are taking credit away because he's with Chelsea, but this is managet of the season, not team. Fair result.

For me its about managing expectations.

JM was expected to win the League. GM was expected to finish mid table. AW was expected to finish in the top 4 and challenging for the league. NP was expected to be relegated by the media and anybody outside of Leicestershire.

He did an outstanding job and therefore should of been Manager of the Year.

People who say it should go to the manager that wins the league are over looking the bigger picture... Pearson did more than what was expected and Leicester amongst another 14/15 teams have no chance of winning it even with Mourinho as manager

Mourinho was always going to win it. To win the league so comprehensively without winning a single Manager of the month trophy is bizarre (though other managers have usually deserved it more) - but to not win any managerial awards at all just wouldn't happen.

Personally, Pearson should've won it followed by Koeman.

Mourinho was expected to be in the top two/three, based on the amount of money at his disposal.

With Koeman, he came in at a time where Southampton lost a good amount of 'star' players; but he spent wisely on good players like Pelle and is on the verge of getting the club to finish to a position the club haven't achieved for yonks.

With Pearson - considering the amount of media negativity about his ego etc, and the MIRACLE escape that only about 5% of the football fan population would've expected us to climb out of trouble - he should've had the gong.

It's a fair winner for me

But don't talk nonsense about better job, when all managers above are established and benefitted from £100m+ TV money & investment of tens of millions into their teams over preceding years.

Pearson is actually one of the few managers to hit their targets this season alongside Mourinho, LVG, Monk, Koeman, Hughes & Pardew

lol

The MANAGERS benefitted from all that TV money and investments did they?  Those poor chairmen sitting at home counting their pennies...

we spent more money at the beginning of the season than 5  premier league teams and more money in the transfer window than 11 other premier league teams...

So yeah... complete nonsense eh?

Archived