Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Out of Contract players Summer 2015 ?

Thanks Davie.  So we've got:-

Konchesky

Upson

Hammond

Cambiasso

Bakayogo

Taylor-Fletcher

Knockaert

Logan

Wasilewski

Adam Smith

plus:-

Huth

There's a few surprise omissions for me in the list - I thought Wood and Schwarzer were there, but I bow down to better knowledge.

I think 7 of them should on their way - the exceptions being Cambiasso, plus Was and Knocky (though I'm sure both of them will go).  And of course, we should sign Huth.

Of those with a year to go, I would think Hopper and Wood will not have their contracts extended and will be going, but as for Nuge and Schwarzer, anything could happen.

Konchesky

Upson

Hammond

Cambiasso

Bakayogo

Taylor-Fletcher

Knockaert

Logan

Wasilewski

Adam Smith

Huth

There's a few surprise omissions for me in the list - I thought Wood and Schwarzer were there, but I bow down to better knowledge.

I think 7 of them should on their way - the exceptions being Cambiasso, plus Was and Knocky (though I'm sure both of them will go).  And of course, we should sign Huth.

Of those with a year to go, I would think Hopper and Wood will not have their contracts extended and will be going, but as for Nuge and Schwarzer, anything could happen.

I'm sure Hopper and Wood will be off.  I wouldn't be surprised if Nuge gets offered a couple more years this summer - and Schwarzer could get something on the Coaching side (he'd be better than Stowell as Goalie Coach for a start !).  I suppose Adam Smith might also get an extension ?

Wood won't leave unless we pay part of his wages, like we did Gallagher. With his salary, nobody in the championship will be able to afford him so he will be with us for the foreseeable future, unless we can get someone to pay part of his wages and we loan him out.

Schwarzer has another year, which leaves us with a keeper wages problem. Can't see Ben wanting to be number three, plus Smith needs to be given chances, so looks like those two will be loaned out. Both will want and need football and so loans will be needed

Wood won't leave unless we pay part of his wages, like we did Gallagher. With his salary, nobody in the championship will be able to afford him so he will be with us for the foreseeable future, unless we can get someone to pay part of his wages and we loan him out.

Schwarzer has another year, which leaves us with a keeper wages problem. Can't see Ben wanting to be number three, plus Smith needs to be given chances, so looks like those two will be loaned out. Both will want and need football and so loans will be needed

Forgot about him !  I guess he is now out of contract ?  If he's not, we could get some dosh now Preston are up (and I'm sure they'll sign Beckford from Bolton).

I'm sure Hopper and Wood will be off.  I wouldn't be surprised if Nuge gets offered a couple more years this summer - and Schwarzer could get something on the Coaching side (he'd be better than Stowell as Goalie Coach for a start !).  I suppose Adam Smith might also get an extension ?

Thinking about it - and with Okazaki possibly on his way, I reckon Nige might be considering selling Nugent this summer.  With a year on his contract left, we might get a little money for him.

Konchesky

Upson

Hammond

Cambiasso

Bakayogo

Taylor-Fletcher

Knockaert

Logan

Wasilewski

Adam Smith

Huth

Does anyone know which Academy players are out of contract - or where on FT I might find a list ?  I'm sure I've seen something about Jacob Blyth being out of contract this summer and likely to move on.  Of course, if extended contracts are offered to Academy players, it tells us who the Management feel is good enough to move up to the First Team squad.

Anyone know when the retained list is announced?

Last year it was released on 9 May, the Friday of the week following our final game of the season.

So if the club are working to the same schedule, should be very soon.

Forgot about him ! I guess he is now out of contract ? If he's not, we could get some dosh now Preston are up (and I'm sure they'll sign Beckford from Bolton).

Yeah, he's finally reached the end of his ludicrous contract! We won't be getting any transfer fee for him, but now his ridiculous wages are off the bill at last.

What was Sven thinking?

Last year it was released on 9 May, the Friday of the week following our final game of the season.

So if the club are working to the same schedule, should be very soon.

3rd June now (and 2 weeks after the end of the season) and I haven't seen anything - has anyone else ?

3rd June now (and 2 weeks after the end of the season) and I haven't seen anything - has anyone else ?

I'm guessing it will be a while still, maybe another two weeks. It's not as easy as last season because everyone wanted to stay. We have a lot out of contract so negotiations will be on-going. Plus a lot of the players will still be on holiday and some have been in Thailand.

I'm guessing it will be a while still, maybe another two weeks. It's not as easy as last season because everyone wanted to stay. We have a lot out of contract so negotiations will be on-going. Plus a lot of the players will still be on holiday and some have been in Thailand.

Has the Thailand tour received any coverage? Boys on tour and all that.... :vardy:  :schmike:  :wes:

FrankieWorthoYaggedMyWife, on 03 Jun 2015 - 4:45 PM, said:

Has the Thailand tour received any coverage? Boys on tour and all that.... :vardy:  :schmike:  :wes:

Not a lot.

Just some video doing the rounds of our younger players dribbling.

Archived