Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Next season!

Early i know, but after the buzz surrounding the last 10 games, realistically what are you hoping for next season? I genuinely believe with a few additions, keep huth and pray cambi fancies another year, there is no reason why we couldnt get into the top ten, thoughts?

Same flair and performances on the pitch (like the performances from the last nine games), less controversy from Pearson and Stringer not to sh*tstir relations internally - please.

Thing is, I think we've outdone ourselves by finishing 14th. I'd imagine we'll end up somewhere similar next season (preferably a bit higher), but it won't seem as grand as the way we did it this season. Think establishing ourselves is the main thing though, so I'd take 14th and a cup run.

Guest ttfn

The cup run possibility is almost entirely down to chance.

Look at Villa this year in the FA cup. 4 home draws against either struggling premier league sides or championship sides and a semi-final match against a massively out of form Liverpool. Arsenal have played only 2 premier league sides, one of which got relegated. Reading lost to the first premier league side they faced. Liverpool got to the semi finals having played one (then) struggling premier league side, 2 mid-table championship ones (needing replays in both) and a League Two side.

Meanwhile we played 3 premier league sides and eventually went out to Villa. I am sure if we get a set of fixtures similar to any of this year's semi-finalists we'd go a long way. The only decent side knocked out by one of the semi-finalists this year was Man United (by Arsenal).

Aim for 12-14th with a higher points total and build the squad. The same way that Stoke, Swansea & Southampton have done and the same as we did in the 90s. And for God's sake everyone keep their heads next year. Form is temporary........

Archived