Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich coming up. How will they do?

Bournemouth will stick to nice football, will probably do well in stages but find themselves not having enough quality to survive.

Watford need to buy Premier League experienced players especially defenders, if they go onto buy players from Serie A they might shoot themselves in the foot.

Norwich have the experience but need to add in a few areas, quite unlucky before with Van Wolfswinkel & Hooper not paying off, need to find a striker who can score goals, they won't stay up with Jerome, Grabban & Hooper.

If they all maintain their current squads then more than likely not very well (just look at how poor our results were until we introduced Huth and Albrighton), if they get their signings correct then who knows? If Eddie Howe can transform the players he had at Bournemouth into champions then it'll be interesting to see what he can do with a better calbre of footballer.

Norwich have some big wages to shift Van Wolfswinkle, Becchio, Cuellar and Bassong but crucially they do have experience.

Much as we bemoaned 'experts' ability to write us off before a ball was kicked I think we'd be wise not to do similar. Yes we ended the season in excellent form but we are also capable of prolonged periods of mediocrity. Favourable fixtures play a key role in any season.

If they all maintain their current squads then more than likely not very well (just look at how poor our results were until we introduced Huth and Albrighton), if they get their signings correct then who knows? If Eddie Howe can transform the players he had at Bournemouth into champions then it'll be interesting to see what he can do with a better calbre of footballer.

Norwich have some big wages to shift Van Wolfswinkle, Becchio, Cuellar and Bassong but crucially they do have experience.

Much as we bemoaned 'experts' ability to write us off before a ball was kicked I think we'd be wise not to do similar. Yes we ended the season in excellent form but we are also capable of prolonged periods of mediocrity. Favourable fixtures play a key role in any season.

Good post Micheal.

:thumbup:

The thing with Watford is that it terms of hierarchy Udinese is surely thier top team.

Udinese currently sit 16th in Serie A, hardly a huge endorsement of the scouting network. They will also have to 'share' the talent they find now between Watford and Udinese. An Udinese second string would finish bottom of the PL.

I think they and Bournemouth will struggle.

For info Udinese have been in the process of redeveloping their stadium. Their money is being pushed there. It maybe a problem for Watford that Granada stayed up too.

Can see Watford surviving, seem to have a style that fits in the Premier League style.

Be interesting if Norwich struggle initially, as I wouldn't want to face up to Alex Neil if he's unhappy if I was a player of his team...

I'm interested to see how Alex Neil copes when his team goes through a rough patch, not had that experience under him yet and it'll all depend on how Norwich cope with that if they stay up or not.

Watford need to be careful with who they appoint, going for someone with no experience of English football could be disastrous. Their ties with Udinese and Granada will bring them some good players, no doubt about that. 

Think Bournemouth will be fun to watch but can see them struggling to attract players with their location, size of stadium and facilities. 

Think Norwich will stay up. Bournemouth and Watford could stay up depending on their summer. 

Norwich - I think they'll survive. A bit of an unknown quantity but they've produced Championship winning form under Neil, you'd imagine they'll be quite well off in terms of investment and there seems to be an overall positive atmosphere about them. I think they'll beat the drop.

Bournemouth - Undoubtedly need to strengthen. Don't under-estimate Howe's ability to pick a player. The majority of Burnley's best players were Howe signings. I think they'll survive on the last day.

Watford - For me, they will be relegated. There seems to be no real continuity to them as a club, proven by them having four managers in the season just gone and the one they settled on in Jokanovic looking like leaving them. Udinese/Granada is a good link to have when you're in the Championship, but the Premier League? Udinese can finish no higher than 14th in Italy and Granada only survived on the last day of La Liga. They aren't particularly good sides. It's not like they've got a hotbed of top quality they can just ping in Watford's direction. Add this to the potential of losing Deeney and I think they're in a bit of trouble.

It is getting more and more difficult to bridge the gap. The 17 teams who have stopped up have all picked up 60 million plus. Without some major financial backing I can't see how it can be done. Burnley proved this. We had that bit of financial clout to help us stop up. Can't see Watford, Bournemouth or Norwich being able to bring in a Cambiasso or Kramaric. The team I really fear for is Bournemouth due to their style of play - could have a few heavy defeats.

Norwich - I think they'll survive. A bit of an unknown quantity but they've produced Championship winning form under Neil, you'd imagine they'll be quite well off in terms of investment and there seems to be an overall positive atmosphere about them. I think they'll beat the drop.

Bournemouth - Undoubtedly need to strengthen. Don't under-estimate Howe's ability to pick a player. The majority of Burnley's best players were Howe signings. I think they'll survive on the last day.

Watford - For me, they will be relegated. There seems to be no real continuity to them as a club, proven by them having four managers in the season just gone and the one they settled on in Jokanovic looking like leaving them. Udinese/Granada is a good link to have when you're in the Championship, but the Premier League? Udinese can finish no higher than 14th in Italy and Granada only survived on the last day of La Liga. They aren't particularly good sides. It's not like they've got a hotbed of top quality they can just ping in Watford's direction. Add this to the potential of losing Deeney and I think they're in a bit of trouble.

Why would Deeneyyyyyyyyyyy leave now?

That surely won't happen now..well hopefully not!

Udinese have done pretty well generally getting into Europe in the past but yes they didn't exactly pull up any trees this season.

As has been suggested it might take such players a whilst to settle - as has been the case in the Championship (certainly the Pozzo signings haven't ALL been successful...)

Its rumoured we will be the "top club" due the money the Premier league brings in but have to see.

The thing with Watford is that it terms of hierarchy Udinese is surely thier top team.

Udinese currently sit 16th in Serie A, hardly a huge endorsement of the scouting network. They will also have to 'share' the talent they find now between Watford and Udinese. An Udinese second string would finish bottom of the PL.

I think they and Bournemouth will struggle.

They're gonna loan di natale and pay him 100 grand a week.

I might be proven massively wrong here, but simply can't see what people are basing their opinion – that Bournemouth will be even close to survival – on at this moment in time. 

Have seen them play a couple of times over the past year and they do play attractive football, but playing like they do, with the players they have, I'm convinced they'll find scoring goals very hard in the Premier League. I also fear their defence could be in danger of being dismantled horrifically in each game, unless they invest serious money in their squad. 

I really can't see them being even close to surviving at the moment, unless something dramatic happens over the summer and they pull off some great signings.  

I'm fully expecting them to have a half decent start – every new club has a honeymoon period (to some extent), before opposition managers figure them out – but if they are still in the running to stay up come April I'd be genuinely surprised. 

It's about how they add, as we found that's very important. Bournemouth will find that the hardest I think being the smallest club, whilst Norwich have established themselves before and are probably the most attractive playing destination/sized club. Watford will have some Udinese u/21 wonder kid arriving on loan or something so their owners will bail them out. Don't think they will all go down but can see them finishing in the order:

Norwich

Watford

Bournemouth

When you have Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland all barely staying up and unlikely to majorly invest I think it'll be likely one or more will survive. I think Watford probably have the best chance (good strikers and loan availability), Norwich might do alright (bit of experience and what seems a capable manager), I wouldn't underestimate Bournemouth however it's a bit of a fairytale such a small club climbing so high up the leagues I can't help but think they'll do a Burnley and rely too heavily on the key players from this season. As we found out, it's a big step up and lot of players take months to adjust, and some you expect to walk it never properly find their feet

Far too early to call but if I had to pick three teams now I'd say Bournemouth, Villa, Newcastle

Cheeky thread, this early already... Toying with the scenario of us not having to dabble with the relegation zone in 2015/2016, this is what I'd foresee:

A toss for me between Watford and Norwich about which newly-promoted side will be relegated again at the end of next season. Bournemouth, without investing enough money in both the squad and the ground, will just be happy to make their one and only appearance in the top-flight ever and just want the financial compensation package upon the drop one league back down, so they can solidify their position within the Championship.

Obviously, Norwich have some of the players from their last PL campaign still on the books, so that should help. But I expect Watford to spend some serious money on four to five key additions, trying to avoid our mistakes with not getting business done early in the summer.

You may be right with West Ham, they were in a false position for quite a while this year. Up until it became clear Allardyce was leaving they were doing well. Not sure they will go down but not impossible. Newcastle will be in trouble for me, who in their right mind would take that job that's any good?

Be good to see West Ham go down just in time to move in to the Olympic Stadium....

Archived