Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Deulofeu is an absolute steal at that price for Everton. Really enjoyed watching him last time he was in the PL. Shows how mad the market for young English players is. It's no wonder we do so terribly internationally with the premium you have to pay to get young English players with potential. 

I wouldn't be ruling out Bournemouth doing ok next season. Would you?

8 million is a lot for Mings. Lots of this forum thought a similar amount was a lot for Ulloa.

It's different though, we were struggling to attract players and had to spend big because teams were playing hardball.

Bournemouth might do ok but its hard to view Mings as brilliant business when Clyne has gone for about £4m more, they've spent a lot on a decent championship fullback.

Deulofeu is an absolute steal at that price for Everton. Really enjoyed watching him last time he was in the PL. Shows how mad the market for young English players is. It's no wonder we do so terribly internationally with the premium you have to pay to get young English players with potential.

The question is why?

Did he come from Barce? And why would they let him go so cheaply. You can only assume they don't particularly rate him.

That does seem like a steal though to be fair.

It's different though, we were struggling to attract players and had to spend big because teams were playing hardball.

Bournemouth might do ok but its hard to view Mings as brilliant business when Clyne has gone for about £4m more, they've spent a lot on a decent championship fullback.

No they've spent a lot on potential.

Only time will tell whether it's money well spent or not.

Like West Ham did with Cresswell only last season. A player that we ourselves tried to sign.

Don't be so hypocritical.

I wouldn't be ruling out Bournemouth doing ok next season. Would you?

8 million is a lot for Mings. Lots of this forum thought a similar amount was a lot for Ulloa.

It was a lot for a reasonably old Championship striker who had never played in the PL before.

It seems relatively cheaper for a striker who has now scored 11 PL goals and has 4 assists in his first PL season. 

The question is why?

Did he come from Barce? And why would they let him go so cheaply. You can only assume they don't particularly rate him.

That does seem like a steal though to be fair.

I believe, like Fabregas and other players they've sold at a young age, there is a buy back option. Might explain why it's so cheap. Otherwise I don't really know. He only played 17 times for Sevilla last season as well. Still, even if Barca don't particularly rate him he's still plenty good enough for a side chasing the Europa League.

It was a lot for a reasonably old Championship striker who had never played in the PL before.

It seems relatively cheaper for a striker who has now scored 11 PL goals and has 4 assists in his first PL season.

And it possibly makes Mings...a young player with bags of potential, seem about the going rate?

I think you've made my argument for me there.

Personally, I'd have liked to take a punt on Mings...same as on Creswell last season.

And it possibly makes Mings...a young player with bags of potential, seem about the going rate?

I think you've made my argument for me there.

Personally, I'd have liked to take a punt on Mings...same as on Creswell last season.

Yeah I am agreeing with you! You can't judge a signing to early anyway. £8m could seem a snip with the potential he has. Undoubtedly it is only potential at the moment.

I'd have loved us to get Cresswell too. Him and Jeff down the left would be dangerous. It shows we are after the right players though as there were several windows we were linked with him.

No they've spent a lot on potential.

Only time will tell whether it's money well spent or not.

Like West Ham did with Cresswell only last season. A player that we ourselves tried to sign.

Don't be so hypocritical.

You don't have to have go against the grain on every sodding thread.

Tyrone Mings (22 years old and has had about half a season's good form) for 8m is atrocious business.

Aaron Cresswell for 3m is fantastic business.

How the hell can you not see a difference? 

It is a ridiculous fee, but that is what happens when you identify a target that is under contract at a club that don't want to sell him. Mings signed a new contract last September, the 8m is not a valuation of him but to buy him out of his contract. The longer he has left on his contract the more Bournemouth have to pay. Like Ulloa and Krama a target was identified money was made available and they bought him, the alternative is to go for your second choice, but in this market there is no guarantee he will be any cheaper or scrabble around in the bargain bin, also known as the Burnley approach.

Compared to Aaron Creswell who only had 1 year left and could have walked away for freein a year, there was no reason to sell Mings.

I'm not denying it seems a lot of money for an untested player, but if that is where they need to strengthen and he is the number one target then you've just got to pay it and hope it turns out to be money well spent. Ipswich had them over a barrel as long as they don't spend crazy money and sign 15 players, doing a Holloway, then they are at least giving themselves a chance, £8m is nothing with a prize of £68m at the end of the season even if they finish bottom, plus parachute payments.

Edit: just checked and Creswell had 3 years left on his contract when West Ham signed him, fvck knows how they got him so cheap, maybe Ipswich learnt their lesson.

It is a ridiculous fee, but that is what happens when you identify a target that is under contract at a club that don't want to sell him. Mings signed a new contract last September, the 8m is not a valuation of him but to buy him out of his contract. The longer he has left on his contract the more Bournemouth have to pay. Like Ulloa and Krama a target was identified money was made available and they bought him, the alternative is to go for your second choice, but in this market there is no guarantee he will be any cheaper or scrabble around in the bargain bin, also known as the Burnley approach.

Compared to Aaron Creswell who only had 1 year left and could have walked away for freein a year, there was no reason to sell Mings.

I'm not denying it seems a lot of money for an untested player, but if that is where they need to strengthen and he is the number one target then you've just got to pay it and hope it turns out to be money well spent. Ipswich had them over a barrel as long as they don't spend crazy money and sign 15 players, doing a Holloway, then they are at least giving themselves a chance, £8m is nothing with a prize of £68m at the end of the season even if they finish bottom, plus parachute payments.

Edit: just checked and Creswell had 3 years left on his contract when West Ham signed him, fvck knows how they got him so cheap, maybe Ipswich learnt their lesson.

Might as well have been a specific release clause in Cresswell's case.

You don't have to have go against the grain on every sodding thread.

Tyrone Mings (22 years old and has had about half a season's good form) for 8m is atrocious business.

Aaron Cresswell for 3m is fantastic business.

How the hell can you not see a difference?

He's half right though, you do pay for potential these days, especially in young english players. That's just the way the market is. Look at Sterling, what's he done? Yet he's gonna be possibly leaving for £40m upwards. Not because he's worth that, but because of the potential he has.

Archived