Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC U21 / Development Squad Stuff it in here.

Steve Beaglehole spoke of the productivity of his Development Squad after rounding off the Barclays U21 Premier League campaign with a 3-0 victory over Chelsea on Thursday. 

The Foxes’ win at King Power Stadium secured their spot in the U21 Premier League’s top tier next term, with a double from substitute Admiral Muskwe and Layton Ndukwu’s superb solo effort sealing the three points. 

And it has been the development of the Club’s youngsters that has been most positive for Beaglehole this term, with Ben Chilwell and Joe Dodoo both going on to make their first team debuts for the Foxes, while a number of players have impressed after making the step up from the Under-18s. 

Beaglehole told LCFC.com after the victory over Chelsea: “We’re very happy to be playing in the top tier next season – that was one of our goals that we set this season. 

“We’ve also had Ben Chilwell and Joe Dodoo play in the first team this season too, while Hamza Choudhury has gone on loan to Burton and done really well. 

“Staying up was also important as well, because we want to play against the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea because they’re usually recognised as the best developers of young players. 

“We’ll also have the chance to play in the Premier League International Cup because all 12 top tier teams are invited, so I’m really pleased.” 

Beaglehole’s outfit were excellent against Chelsea and the Under-21s boss highlighted the performances of his two goalscorers following the game. 

He added: “The performance was brilliant today because the lads showed great maturity. Admiral Muskwe came off the bench and scored two fantastic goals and young Layton Ndukwu scored one of the best goals I’ve seen, certainly at Under-21s level. 

“I wanted us to win and that’s what they’ve got to get used to. There were some outstanding individual performances today too. We got three goals, should have probably had more and kept a clean sheet.”

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/beaglehole-a-brilliant-performance-3111179.aspx#gSAU5xaYwlBDosYC.99

I went too, that was the number 7 Josimar Quintero thought he looked quality only about 4ft too.

No City player really impressed me except Chilwell looked rock solid for the most part and seemed to have time.

Least impressive was Jo Dodoo, i may get slated on here for saying but today he was poor and was so lazy. He was being berated by the manager majority of the game too and for good reason

I think Dodoo is overrated from what I've seen of him, I went to the Bury away game and West Ham at home game in the League Cup when he got four goals. As daft as it sounds outside his four goals in two games I wasn't impressed with his overall play, I don't think he'll ever make a PL player and will be a Championship player at best, probably League One would be more likely.

Steve Beaglehole spoke of the productivity of his Development Squad after rounding off the Barclays U21 Premier League campaign with a 3-0 victory over Chelsea on Thursday. 

The Foxes’ win at King Power Stadium secured their spot in the U21 Premier League’s top tier next term, with a double from substitute Admiral Muskwe and Layton Ndukwu’s superb solo effort sealing the three points. 

And it has been the development of the Club’s youngsters that has been most positive for Beaglehole this term, with Ben Chilwell and Joe Dodoo both going on to make their first team debuts for the Foxes, while a number of players have impressed after making the step up from the Under-18s. 

Beaglehole told LCFC.com after the victory over Chelsea: “We’re very happy to be playing in the top tier next season – that was one of our goals that we set this season. 

“We’ve also had Ben Chilwell and Joe Dodoo play in the first team this season too, while Hamza Choudhury has gone on loan to Burton and done really well. 

“Staying up was also important as well, because we want to play against the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea because they’re usually recognised as the best developers of young players. 

“We’ll also have the chance to play in the Premier League International Cup because all 12 top tier teams are invited, so I’m really pleased.” 

Beaglehole’s outfit were excellent against Chelsea and the Under-21s boss highlighted the performances of his two goalscorers following the game. 

He added: “The performance was brilliant today because the lads showed great maturity. Admiral Muskwe came off the bench and scored two fantastic goals and young Layton Ndukwu scored one of the best goals I’ve seen, certainly at Under-21s level. 

“I wanted us to win and that’s what they’ve got to get used to. There were some outstanding individual performances today too. We got three goals, should have probably had more and kept a clean sheet.”

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/beaglehole-a-brilliant-performance-3111179.aspx#gSAU5xaYwlBDosYC.99

All well and good but the suggestion that Chilwell and Dodoo have boken through is misleading. Ashley Chambers played for the first team before he was injured but that didn't make him a first teamer. Yes, their selection was encouraging but no more. I'd doubt Dodoo will make Premiership standard at all and there's considerable debate about whether Chilwell wants to play here at all.

Beaglehole's shown he can produce a decent Academy team in the past so what would have interested me would be his comments on why we needed a final victory against the big guns of Chelsea to ensure survival in the top flight and why some of our other results have been disappointing. That's not a loaded or insinuating question. I'd be interested to know.

Because surely if we're capable of beating Chelsea 3-0 we'd theoretically be capable of better results overall. So what's been the problem?     

Muskwe doing well in the soccer sevens. Still 17 too.

Would be good to see him out on loan next season. Will need a few younger strikers eventually.

Ought to fit in well at Portsmouth! Or the Gunners!  :)      

Archived